What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Judiciary to be given power of execution

-1 purely because it’s not part of the UK legal system. We are already so far from a realistic legal system as it is and every time we take a step further it makes roleplaying and learning more difficult for new solicitors, new Police Officers and even new players playing crim. All well and good for a dedicated player learning it all, but makes things very difficult for a casual player who only has an hour a day, or a few hours a week. 

I see your point Gordan and I wish I could agree, but spending months and years on one character to have some fun and be sentenced to death is something you cannot do, At the end of the day its a game and needs to be taking as it is, people have enough to worry about with there characters other adding more fuel to the fire as it is, if my character got sentenced to death I would never play again as I couldn't start from scratch again. But as you said Management and staff already agree on Life sentences to giving out to hardened Criminals and they do 6 months months game time in prison or 3 months before a another court hearing which feels like a life time on the server, some people take breaks for a couple weeks and its like relearning everyone again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This to me feels too much. People work very hard for the items they have (and whilst items in an RP server aren't the "be all and end all," they are a huge contributor to a player's enjoyment and motivation to play) and whilst yes, I agree criminals should be punished according to the severity and continuity of their crimes, I do not think this is the way to go about it.

Firstly, since everyone loves the idea of "realism," the death penalty does not exist in the UK and therefore it should not here either. Life imprisonment already exists and is almost never used. 

Life imprisonment is essentially a "soft ban" for your (presumably) main character and that in itself is already a strict punishment and as such is sparsely used. However, this adds to RP as the criminal must then face the courts to fight for their freedom. 

We are, at the end of the day, playing a game and in my opinion a player should not be forced to permanently kill their character unless certain criteria is met, such as the already existing "life contracts" or unless severe rules are broken which would make such a punishment appropriate.

I could see many people who managed to lose their character simply leaving the server due to the hours lost.

This suggestion makes Paul Bundy sad its going to be a - 1 from me today, I don't think it would be very fair to build up rp for a very long time just to rob a store then be dead all of a sudden not ideal that 😞 

This suggestion makes Paul Bundy sad its going to be a - 1 from me today, I don't think it would be very fair to build up rp for a very long time just to rob a store then be dead all of a sudden not ideal that 😞 
This was such a power comment home slice

I can feel the downvotes pouring in, just from the title alone 😰... BUT hear me out!

Brief Summary:
I'd like to see the Judiciary be given execution "Sentenced to Death" as an option.

Detailed Suggestion:
It should be a RARE, staff sanctioned punishment which would result in the permadeath of a character. There should be LOTS of RP that comes from this, multiple court hearings, opportunities for legal defence, etc. I'm not for a moment suggesting that we send every petty thief to the firing squad, but for real hardened criminals it could be some amazing RP, over weeks/months before getting to the "day of execution", the likelihood would be that criminals be on bail for the duration of the court proceedings, so gives plenty of opportunities for the criminal to flee or explore other avenues of RP in an effort to evade the ultimate punishment.

The Pros:
- Could give closure to some long standing criminal RP stories and the opportunity for said player to start a fresh "crime-spree" to keep things fresh.
- Potentially, LOTS of RP from the Police/Judiciary 

The Cons:
- Brings the closure to RP storylines (Which, in my opinion, is arguably a positive in some cases!)
- Character assets potentially lost

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
Arguably, yes, but also no. It would bring an "end" to specific criminals, but that doesn't then stop the player from creating a new criminal character and starting a fresh.

I'm well aware that this is likely to be... controversial. If you're not a fan, if you could give an explanation in the replies, that would be fantastic and helpful.
Almost +1 but in my opinion we are british and should have a permanent prison sentance instead of execution. It would have the same outcome which is taking the character away forever and such. But instead of being called execution it would just be life imprisonment without chance of appeal

-1, if we want to continue talking about realism, and this being a UK based server, the death sentence is no longer a thing in the UK. No one should be forced to perma unless the current criteria is met. To perma a character because they committed crime completely defeats the objective of having crim characters.

Nor is everybody and their mum having a gun and shooting police, but that still happens. +1 will make people think about their RP before doing things and hopefully playing a smart crim instead of trying to brute force everything they do. 
I mean I don't think police adverting themselves as a gang is realistic either, if I kidnapped you and executed you and made you start all over on another character how would that make you feel? Losing all your progress to someone who hasn't experienced what you have, doesn't know who you know, doesn't have that characters memories. I think you see my point, if I wiped your Stuart barker from existence with you having no say you'd be pissed. Alot of the changes lately have impacted crims evidently through forum posts we're not happy with it but other than expressing our feelings have to suck it up but this is a step too far and icl if it happened I could see alot of people dropping rpuk. 

We as crims shouldn't be penalised for just wanting to have fun just for the sake of police egos. If I wanna Rob a few banks when the crim update is out I shouldn't be risking the past 2 years of my character over enjoyment of a video game. 

This will be a plus 1 from me surprisingly. 

The courts could already life imprison you, so all you people saying "if i rob a bank then get executed" are ridiculous. Because if you aint been close to life sentence then you wouldnt have to worry. 

Also people saying about years of history on their character, yeah i get that 100%. However look at Bravo. I would say he is having way more fun and enjoying the server MORE on a new character than he did bravo. So whats he really lost? 

People are so tied to their one character they think the server is only this character or leave. Yeah, if i had charles cottoneye permed by the courts id be pissed however it would give me the chance to recreate a new rp story with another character. Which people dont seem to do to much. 

I do think this is something that would have to be heavilly monitoried by staff and not just courts. Because we have already seen some dodgy shit from the courts and judges. So we would have to make sure everything is fair. 

It would bring some good rp as long as the courts and police organised it that way. A lot of pressure on them and there would have to be chances of going on the run. I think the realism comments aint really a valid point because were on gta at the end of the day. 

I think if handled correctly, it could be some amazing rp oppertunities i just dont think at the minute the courts or solicitors are in a place where this could go smoothly but if they were. I wouldnt mind this. 

I would imagine this also would not happen to 98% of the people on the server s9 most people would never have to worry about having their bean chopped off in legion square

Criminals already get soft banned by feds and now you want to bring in executions? Nah am good -1

-1 Reason being there is already life sentences which to an extent are basically the same as executions but with a small chance of getting out of it. With exectutions being given by judges i just dont trust the judiciary to hand out those types of punishments considering the fact that if someone does anything to a judge if the judge is a cunt he will give you max sentence he can dish out so you can see where i am going with this, Even if staff are the ones who ultamely decide just a judge bringing it forward might flip the coin on the wrong side.

As i see it this system will be useless to a certain extent because whats gonna happen is someome gets killed off so that person will make another character and go to the exact same group the only diffrence is he will have to do taxi simulator 2023 for x ammount of months and not only that logistic wise it will be a pain in the ass because what i see happening with this is that all the connections will be lost and thats something no one wants including cops, I highly doubt someone that is a SUPT in the police will like having his character killed of and start all over again from square 0. (hypothetically speakimg)

Also already feel like there is to much punishment to playing a criminal character i keep saying that both complement each other there is no Cops without crims and there is no Crims without cops you give one side the shittiest end of the stick you will end up having no one from that side.

Back