What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Judiciary to be given power of execution

I think it's a slippery slope when you begin to force people to do things that are against what they have in mind for the character. I don't really have an issue with life sentences and extended sentences and that line of punishment when done correctly through the judicial system, however, the thought of staff sanctioned character killings is a bad idea. If this was to start happening I think people would not display the high quality roleplay that you would hope, they would instead go kicking and screaming into situation and I doubt it would be the pleasant experience you would want for both sides. 

I do strongly believe however that if the meta was to take a decent shift then people would be completely fine with killing their characters off. The majority of the people that get life are in gangs and when you're in a gang you usually have a lot of assets that have taken countless hours to gather and nobody wants to lose those assets by perma killing their characters. Acquiring guns at the moment is a significant time investment and nobody wants to have to start fresh on new characters to start the monotonous grind all over again. It's not roleplay focused, it's all about money and accumulating money right now is an extremely boring undertaking. If the new character grind wasn't so shit then you'd see an awful lot of +1's rather than no's.

-1 Would like to say it's a good idea but the meta isn't set up for it currently which is a shame.

On 10 October 2003, the UK acceded to the 13th Protocol, which prohibits the death penalty in all circumstances.

This is a UK themed roleplay server. Execution should not be a sentence option, even in extreme circumstances. -1

I mean I don't think police adverting themselves as a gang is realistic either, if I kidnapped you and executed you and made you start all over on another character how would that make you feel? Losing all your progress to someone who hasn't experienced what you have, doesn't know who you know, doesn't have that characters memories. I think you see my point, if I wiped your Stuart barker from existence with you having no say you'd be pissed. Alot of the changes lately have impacted crims evidently through forum posts we're not happy with it but other than expressing our feelings have to suck it up but this is a step too far and icl if it happened I could see alot of people dropping rpuk. 

We as crims shouldn't be penalised for just wanting to have fun just for the sake of police egos. If I wanna Rob a few banks when the crim update is out I shouldn't be risking the past 2 years of my character over enjoyment of a video game. 
Police acting like gangs and in unprofessional ways tend to get sacked, I have sank a year and a half to get to where I am in the police, if I was to act like a gang and in a unprofessional way I would be sacked or demoted, removing progress in the same way, I am not saying this should be common, but it would form a good punishment for people who constantly deliver shit RP and shoot the police for little reason whatsoever, most crims who deliver good RP I tend to give very little in terms of sentencing. 

Police acting like gangs and in unprofessional ways tend to get sacked, I have sank a year and a half to get to where I am in the police, if I was to act like a gang and in a unprofessional way I would be sacked or demoted, removing progress in the same way, I am not saying this should be common, but it would form a good punishment for people who constantly deliver shit RP and shoot the police for little reason whatsoever, most crims who deliver good RP I tend to give very little in terms of sentencing. 
I get you but the thing is same way you say if Police start acting unprofessional you get sacked, But for gangs if they act like gangs they get pema killed or lifed thats the diffrence its the same as me telling you to stop being a cop on your cop character or if you continue playing like a cop you will get your character perma killed.

(Hopefully you understood what i mean)

Last edited by a moderator:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's crazy, is it unrealistic of me to expect actions to be taken against this officer for his boastful and gang like attitude? I don't know about you but "We are the biggest gang" doesn't seem like something a professional would say, nor is you saying "fuck off back to Vagos" when I was asking if I could walk on my own in cuff but then again I don't think you lot care about your actions enough to consider what you're doing prior to doing it.

Nor is everybody and their mum having a gun and shooting police, but that still happens. +1 will make people think about their RP before doing things and hopefully playing a smart crim instead of trying to brute force everything they do. 
you say that. What about stuff like Bingle. We created RP for CID with the harassment of judges on tweedle. CID then request tweedle records then judge sentences us to death. It can work in many ways as bad. Because no matter what you do. Chances are CID will know and then boom you are open to being permed

you say that. What about stuff like Bingle. We created RP for CID with the harassment of judges on tweedle. CID then request tweedle records then judge sentences us to death. It can work in many ways as bad. Because no matter what you do. Chances are CID will know and then boom you are open to being permed
Thats the issue, i think every crim is aware of getting consequences for crim RP such as jail sentences etc... but it shouldn't be to the point of you being unable to play that character which has the purpose of being a criminal 😅

57 minutes ago, Darren Bridges said:

He does this all the time, I'm not even just saying this.

He constantly has inappropriate moments of outbursts in many situations.

6 hours ago, Darren Bridges said:

This is not ideal to see bad police with gang mentality not pog, flexing kills also not pog not frag server meant to rp pal.

-1 If you are being punished by staff that severely then you probably should be banned lmao. Having gone through the process of having 'life' in prison with the Vagos lot, and then taking a break from the server due to that, coming back to basically a new server is within itself like playing on a new character.

I have to say, this post was received just about how I expected it, and there's been lots of fair points made on both sides of the argument.

It's clear that currently, this isn't something the community is interested in, so I'll close this suggestion.

That being said, as always, if players want to go down the route of ending their characters storyline, and want to "go out in style", there's so much that can be done to create an RP storyline for closure. Consider reaching out to Police Command, Gang Leads, etc.

Back