What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Jury

Jxmmy

Banned
Brief Description:

Add jurors to high profile court cases.

Detailed Suggestion:

My suggestion is we add jurors to the high profile court cases within the City more often. I understand that having a Jury every time would be difficult to organise which is why I believe this should be for specific cases. The Jury should be handpicked by Judges or even Staff and they should make sure that just like real life, jurors selected are to have no criminal background and no personal links to anyone involved in the case etc. I believe this is good idea as it makes the cities legal system more realistic and will create more great roleplay experiences within the Courts.

The LS Judiciary does state that the verdict is decided upon by the Jury and its only when a Jury is not present that a Judge will decide the verdict, however it seems to be quite a rare occurrence that we actually use jurors. Therefore my suggestion would be to make this more common.

The Pros:

Offers a great roleplay experience for citizens of Los Santos
Realistic (used IRL)

The Cons:

None that I can think of.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No I don't believe so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am making a comment as a solicitor, it is already hard enough to set a date which is good for five people. I can't imagine setting a date with a jury.

We don't have a Jury however usually when judges are free they attend court cases and there are multiple judges on a case. When an answer is to be made they retreat back to the Judge Chambers to talk between each other to come to a decision.

As I stated before it is already hard to schedule a date for five people I can't imagine how complex it would be to schedule it for a jury.

Due to this reason I will be giving this suggestion a -1.

Last edited by a moderator:
no criminal background and no personal links to anyone involved in the case etc.
no criminal background is hard enough, nevermind the no personal links on a fivem server with 300 players, its very hard to find an unbiased jury compared to a city with millions of people

This would be very interesting to see but is extremely difficult to do as said above. Its a nice thing to have when it is is possible to do but should definitely not be the standard.

no criminal background is hard enough, nevermind the no personal links on a fivem server with 300 players, its very hard to find an unbiased jury compared to a city with millions of people
I see what you mean in terms of having far less people to pick from as compared to real life, however I know there is more than 300 active players as there is almost 1000 properties currently owned. There are also a lot of players on the server with legal characters that are just here for the roleplay/interacting with other members of the community. I am not suggesting we have a Jury for every court case, I am saying we could try and get a Jury for the high profile cases, maybe once a week or once a fortnight. Also, I am not suggesting we have 12 jurors like it is IRL, we could have 6 for example. 

Back