What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

just a simple question about metagaming.

Claws4life

Hello, I just have a very simple question about metagaming.

Heres the situaton:

Officer goes to Kavala cocaine processor, he sees two choppers there and he gets killed trying to bust them.

He respawns in Athira to avoid Breaking NLR. After patrolling  for a bit two choppers land near drug dealer in middle of athira, he gets killed again.

He respawns in Kavala to avoid Breaking NLR. After patrolling for a bit he sees two choppers flying under 150 meters and heading to cocaine processor. He goes there to try to bust them but then against outnumbered, he gets killed.

He respawns in Athira to avoid Breaking NLR. After patrolling  for a bit two choppers land near drug dealer in middle of athira, he sees one armed guy killing a civilian near drug dealer with an illegal assault rifle. He switches to lethal as life has already been lost, he kills one of the rebels but then he gets killed by the other rebels.

Did this police officer break metagaming rules, in other words, did he keep following them around from processor to dealer and vice versa or was he just avoiding nlr and spotting them again?

the reason why I'm asking this is because of a simple incident that happened this morning where I got killed 5 times over the course of 2 hours by rebels doing drugs in two helicopters all morning, I kept respawning in different towns to avoid NLR but the thing is I kept spotting them again doing illegal stuff and tried to bust them again, did I metagame here by unintentionally following them around or was I just doing my normal job as a police officer? ( the situation has already been solved by compensations but I still need to know if this was actual metagaming or not so I don't do same mistake again )

EDIT: I'm only waiting for the answer from one of the admins, but still feel free to share your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was one of the civilians that's was there, after you killed one of them he said he was going to report you for RDM'ing him as you gave no warning before shooting, me and my 2 friends that later stole one of the choppers will back you up in everything that went on. the guy you killed instantly respawned in Athira and tried to get his chopper back but we held him up with his own weapon. stupid nube that can give but cant take.

I was one of the civilians that's was there, after you killed one of them he said he was going to report you for RDM'ing him as you gave no warning before shooting, me and my 2 friends that later stole one of the choppers will back you up in everything that went on. the guy you killed instantly respawned in Athira and tried to get his chopper back but we held him up with his own weapon. stupid nube that can give but cant take.
the reason I didn't warn him is because I already saw him shooting a civilian dead, I valued my life and decided to not warn him because he was clearly a murderer. The real question here is was it actual metagaming following them around unintentionally by respawning in different towns to avoid NLR or was it actually just following the rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
From my pov it seems like you did not break any rules.. but to avoid this in the future maybe spawn in pyrgos, since you knew they was doing drugs, and will most likely sell it in athira!

Yeah you stole my gun AFTER i executed you and you broke NLR to come and loot my body. I sorted the issue out with Shifo but you are still a sad little boy for not knowing the rules and assuming I somehow RDMed you?

Back