What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Knocking someone out from the front whilst a gun is pointed at you.

Do you think it should be allowed to knock someone out from the front whilst they have a gun raised

• Yes

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 66 62.9%

• Total voters

CreatorChris

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
For a while i have seen a issue with this, some disagree but i would like peoples feedback on this. Please place a vote.

Even if someones pointing a gun at you, you can literally take two steps to their side or even manage to run behind them and with desync it's so hard for the victim to even see this and defend himself appropriately/turn around in time.

In my opinion, to 'fix' this if someone has their gun up, not specifically aimed at you, just up, you should not be able to knock someone out.

Taken from the rules suggestions:

Can being knocked out while having your gun out be considered fail RP? I know as of this moment it's only fail RP if you are pointing the gun at them, but due to the nature of the game it's desyncy as hell so say your making a run from it and youre already 3m from them they can still knock you out, or say you're pointing a gun at them all they need to do is move to your side in a millisecond and knock you out before you've even started moving on the other persons screen.

It's also an excuse to 'eliminate' someone before proper roleplay has even occured, as there is no rule saying that there needs to be high quality RP before knocking someone out it's only before shooting someone that the rule needs to be considered for. For example, people can get away with practically straight away threatening to knock someone out but not shoot them, and as practically no way to defend yourself it just seems like a bit of an exploit. Counter-initiate? Get knocked out. Point your weapon at them? They move to your side and knock you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
No............This, i dont believe has never been a thing and is considered to be fail RP In my eyes, however due to desync within the Arma platform it can be annoying as one party may have a side on perspective on you  whereas the affected may still be looking at you from the front. 

Side and back knockouts yes, Gun lowered knockouts from front etc yes.......But if the rifle is pointed directly at you then no...

Ali

I was going to actually post a thread asking the same question.In a nut shell NO if someone has a gun pointed into your face then the chances of you being able to knock that person out without it going off in your face are low to say the least.

I have been knocked out so many time mid initiation it's ridiculous 

it's a way to avoid being initiated on pure and simple and to my mind is complete and utter fail RP 

but that's just my opinion  

In some cases yes I think it should be allowed. If you are in front of them there is a good chance if you are quick you can knock the attacker out. In real life and not. 

I'll be honest and say I still do it. If they moan they moan, should've been quicker with their trigger finger...

It should be allowed but the knock out ratio should go down. Like 35% of the time they will be knocked. Nobody here can knock everybody out in one punch. 

It's also an excuse to 'eliminate' someone before proper roleplay has even occured, as there is no rule saying that there needs to be high quality RP before knocking someone out it's only before shooting someone that the rule needs to be considered for. For example, people can get away with practically straight away threatening to knock someone out but not shoot them, and as practically no way to defend yourself it just seems like a bit of an exploit. Counter-initiate? Get knocked out. Point your weapon at them? They move to your side and knock you out.
As I said on rules feedback, this is the rebel equivalent of hands up or be tased , and while that is still valid for police I feel that in the interest of parity and fairness there's no reason not to be able to do this. Similarly there is no counter to hands up or be tased. 
Also, by not dying you do get to continue RP as a hostage 😛 Don't like being a hostage? Most rebels don't like being arrested. 

If someone is close enough to you to knock you out, that's your fault.
Just like in real life, if you're a trained professional in a standoff you would never let the other person get near you while your holding a weapon at them.  Clear instructions like "Remain X away" "Do not get any closer or I will be forced to shoot" 
In any RP situation ever, if you've initiated and followed it up with "Do not move any closer to me or I will be forced to shoot you" I don't think anyone can complain that they got shot. 

In my opinion, to 'fix' this if someone has their gun up, not specifically aimed at you, just up, you should not be able to knock someone out.

Presses a police advantage when you can already knock people out from range, and creates a disparity between none lethal and lethal initiation. 
Also it creates arguments of "I had my gun up, No you didn't" 

Just being able to knock someone out prevents drama imo. 

It should be allowed but the knock out ratio should go down. Like 35% of the time they will be knocked. Nobody here can knock everybody out in one punch. 
I would love seeing this added

Last edited by a moderator:
Back