What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Legality of VA

Haemisch

Investor
Investor
I'm wondering about where something like Voice Attack comes into play with rule :

• [SIZE=medium](2.3) Using any sort of modification that changes the functionality of your game is not permitted to be used while you are logged into our servers. This includes non-malicious graphical enhancement utilities. We have systems in place in order to detect and punish users for this type of offence. This offence will result in a permanent ban without chance for appeal.[/SIZE]
Simple question. Where's the line when it comes to keyboard commands and how one performs those commands?

[SIZE=medium]As a medic or police, you are often spammed with dispatch messages. They're quite often the same type of dispatch, however being a good medic I try my best to reply to them all. However, the time requirement for this over a shift could be quite considerable so having voice attack type out and send a message in ms rather than seconds really could make the difference. If I say to voice attack "message reply" it can type: "Hello sir, my name is blahblah and I am a medic. Please if you can provide the patient with fluids and if required and safe to do so, move to a safer position. We will send a medic ASAP" it will type that much faster than I ever could.[/SIZE]

Furthermore, with the police-nhs channel, giving the spoken command "dispatch north kavala" it can return "/NHS-POLICE: SITREP REQ. for situation at north kavala. Medics on standby, over" again, much quicker than I could type and additionally error free. This also works with west, east and south and all major location around the map. So keeping up communication with cops and mainting roleplay in those situations without invested precious time typing any of it out.

But, as you might be aware, Voice Attack is more complicated than simple commands. I recently got into the world of button boxes - essentially a keyboard like box with buttons on it you can program to keys on a keyboard. Then I thought about combining voice attack and button boxes, and ended up with Voice Attack Panels.

Now voice attack panels enables me to control keyboard commands and actions from a wireless device. Phone, tablet, you name it. I could push a shiny button on my phone and actions will happen on my computer. So of course things like car sirens and lights, horn and alt horn can now be performed from my device. Like actual dashboard buttons for that hint of realism. See here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, what's the thoughts? Is this the type of thing that could get someone banned? I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I wouldn't expect it to be but a staff member should prob answered this to be sure. However just wanted to say this is a really good idea and great opportunity to be able to sustain that communication with the patients and friends of patients that contact us.  @Jefke V or @Busterguy - Any idea?

I do not expect something like this to be entirely useful for civ side, perhaps helps newbies with their mining, but otherwise it's for NHS and POL really. Police for example use Whispers which means having a lot of additional keys to combo and push while in testing situations. Pushing a buttons marked (I have no idea about police stuff) Alpha 4 would then open that comms channel to that vehicle/officers (and close it using timers) if needed. I have no idea about useful police applications of this I am mainly focused from my own NHS pov.

But Voice Attack also has the added benefit of letting you attach sound files to your actions you perform. For example, upon exiting a vehicle (pushes x on keyboard), you could play a sound file client side that reminds you to lock your vehicle (seatbelt warning sfx) which is triggered by the x being pressed. Minor client side tweaks t hat add to the overall fun of the game - for you and that changes nothing for others (in this example)

Personally, for me, its usefulness comes from the dispatch messages and nhs-pol chat, so that's the most important use. But the idea is something that any decent mouse or keyboard has software to allow people to record macros and keystrokes at the push of a button so this is similar, but more powerful. But again safe than sorry...

Voice attack simply simulates key strokes by voice you would otherwise use your fingers for. I use it in other games, mainly space / flying simulators. 

The question is, does it 'change the functionality of your game' or, give you any kind of advantage vs other players?

My answer would be no. Not how you describe. 

Macro keys I use. My police lights, siren, lock/unlock doors and restraints, which are all independently 2 key strokes, I've mapped to single buttons on my mouse. It doesn't change the functionality of my game, nor does it give me an advantage vs other players, it's simply more convenient.

The rule you quote I suspect is more to do with 3rd party modifications, or hacks that give you an unfair advantage over others. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back