What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Let's max it out! - Bloody

Bloody

Greetings friends!

Maybe I picked the wrong place to ask you guys but I'll take the risk.

Basicly I'm building new PC and I already have some specs but I also want to add some suitable things.

So..

I ready have

Graphics: GTX 970 Msi

PCU: Intel i5 4690

And the cooling fan.

What can you recommend me to put inside to create little monster?

Case + motherboard ?

Sincerely

John ( Bloody )

SSD is a must to be honest, I'm very fond of samsungs kit, they have excellent performance for a good price.

Don't get less than 8GB of RAM, memory is cheap, don't gimp yourself.

In terms of motherboards I'm an Asus fanboi, I've been buying their kit for desktops for the past 15 years and any problems have been easily solved. Ensure you get a Z97 chipset if you want to overclock (see point below about K i5s).

As Starsky said if you have in fact not bought the K variant of the i5 4690 then you're going to be disappointed, change it if you can and get the K version which can be overclocked as the current gen i5s and i7s will give you an easy 1Ghz increase in return for 5 mins in the bios.

As for the case its personal choice (unless you think you may watercool in the future, in which case I suggest some research of your own), its just a box to shove it all in. Don't spend lots of cash on it unless you give a shit about that kind of thing. I've got a bunch of machines in corsair 200R's and it's a great case for sod all cash. IMO you should spend as much money as possible on the components inside the case as opposed to the case itself.

I can change i5 4690 for 4690k so it won't be any problem. I forgot to tell that I already have 8 GB of RAM. I'd love some case with lighting inside. So it looks outstanding.

Ssd is a must so important I'm going to double Post that point.

Make sure you have ahci enabled and i can also recommend the Samsung drives, i have the 850 EVO and it is stupid fast. Don't forget to use the Samsung magician tool to boost your drive

Last edited by a moderator:
What I recommend:

Graphics: GTX 970 Msi

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K

Case: NZXT H440

Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING, Socket-1150

Ram: 8GB (Make sure it's DDR3)

PSU: 700W PSU, make sure you can remove and add the wires you need, (Makes your case a lot cleaner and easier to set up)

SSD: (To be used as primary/C: Drive) Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" OEM

HDD: (To be used as secondary/D: Drive) Seagate Barracuda® 2TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 Hydro Series CPU Cooler

+ Networkscard

+ Cheap soundcard for better sound

(Also if you want lights inside there is led strips that can be bought and connected with SATA cables)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back