What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Limits on Storage Containers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yelanis

Unlinked
As someone who has been searching for a container for quite some time - it’s so hard to find one without paying a stupid price.

People will buy them to flip them - making the rich people richer and leaving people without the ability to buy them. They have been coming out at the 4pm storm which means anyone with a working day job never gets the chance to grab them also

My suggestion is you limit the amount people can buy/own. People getting 5-7+ in one go is stupid - just because they have the money, doesn’t mean you should buy them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has been searching for a container for quite some time - it’s so hard to find one without paying a stupid price.

People will buy them to flip them - making the rich people richer and leaving people without the ability to buy them. They have been coming out at the 4pm storm which means anyone with a working day job never gets the chance to grab them also

My suggestion is you limit the amount people can buy/own. People getting 5-7+ in one go is stupid - just because they have the money, doesn’t mean you should buy them all.

been looking for 3 months still cant get one, seen people have 10 to 12 lockers then asking for 800k for one

been looking for 3 months still cant get one, seen people have 10 to 12 lockers then asking for 800k for one
100% - 800k is stupid. I've seen the most bait lockers on the street even going for 600k. I get paying more for a more private location, but to be paying more than a house for a container. Unrealistic.

I feel you on this. My gripe with this is people will downvote with no reasonable answer other than "I WANT THEM ALL". I've seen suggestions of people saying put rent on them, tax on them and so on which would deter folk from buying them in bulk for sure but would make them government controlled. We already limit house purchases to one house per chracter even though reality is you could buy multiple and rent them out so why not do similar with storage containers?

A possible suggestion is not just releasing them all in bulk at 4pm, spreading out over a random period when they are released giving a wider chance for folk to buy them. Personally I will never have a chance to purchase one and I may be in the minority here, but I work until 5pm and I am a parent until 8/9 when the kids go to bed and by then, they're all sold. Now Mr Work from home or little Timmy who's pretending to be 21 when really he's 14 with a deep voice heads in to the city and buys them all for like 100k and flips them for 8 times the profit, great, what a fantastic businessman. I respect the hustle, but that then means us part time roleplayers have to spend time "grinding" just to get the cash to pay Mr Money Bags his fat wad of cash, taking away any sort of RP and sucking the fun out it.

I feel you on this. My gripe with this is people will downvote with no reasonable answer other than "I WANT THEM ALL". I've seen suggestions of people saying put rent on them, tax on them and so on which would deter folk from buying them in bulk for sure but would make them government controlled. We already limit house purchases to one house per chracter even though reality is you could buy multiple and rent them out so why not do similar with storage containers?

A possible suggestion is not just releasing them all in bulk at 4pm, spreading out over a random period when they are released giving a wider chance for folk to buy them. Personally I will never have a chance to purchase one and I may be in the minority here, but I work until 5pm and I am a parent until 8/9 when the kids go to bed and by then, they're all sold. Now Mr Work from home or little Timmy who's pretending to be 21 when really he's 14 with a deep voice heads in to the city and buys them all for like 100k and flips them for 8 times the profit, great, what a fantastic businessman. I respect the hustle, but that then means us part time roleplayers have to spend time "grinding" just to get the cash to pay Mr Money Bags his fat wad of cash, taking away any sort of RP and sucking the fun out it.
Will be honest i reckon there is a bunch of containers owned by inactive people maybe when those are dealt with there might be more in the market and maybe price would go down? not sure just assuming.

And at the same time some events like that storage wars that was organized by the singhs might not happen if this limit was put on but i also agree that people buy a shit ton of containers to just resell and not to keep or use for something productive besides flipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 from however I think the limit should be max 2 containers per person. The reason I say 2 per is because I know of people who keep things separate incase one gets raided etc… 

My only thought - how would you expect the devs to retrospectively correct it so everyone only has a max of 2? They can’t really ‘repossess’ the ones from people who own more than the limit. 

+1 from however I think the limit should be max 2 containers per person. The reason I say 2 per is because I know of people who keep things separate incase one gets raided etc… 

My only thought - how would you expect the devs to retrospectively correct it so everyone only has a max of 2? They can’t really ‘repossess’ the ones from people who own more than the limit. 
I Imagine the only way to combat the last point is by putting in place and going from there. If they get sold etc, then people can't buy anymore. Say you had 5 and sold 3, you can't go any higher than 2 so you are stuck there. It's a problem that may take a while to sort out, but with people wanting to sell and flip them, I suppose it'll eventually fix up. 

As a gang lead, I disagree, I need multiple for safety of mind, for example the one with raw materials at the smeltry and the multiple others we have (won't say), yes these containers could be in others names or owned by others but then it would be unfair on them and miss a slot, I have around 10 or 11 containers and honestly only about 2 or 3 are for my own personal use, there's plenty up for sale everyday, I've had the opportunity to buy one atleast daily. But I do understand where you are coming from but Its a big - 1 from me 

Part of the problem is as follows. The container costs 110k. The first storage upgrade costs 300k. The second storage upgrade costs 500k. I know this as I own one. 

Its cheaper to just buy a new one if you get it at the right price. 

A hard limit on ownership will not stop everyone because gangs could have 1 each and therefore theoretically own 25 collectively. However, it would absolutely be a start. 

My personal preference would be to have a tax system in place with a multiplier added if multiple are owned by the same person/entity (gang) to make things that bit more equal. 

Offsetting this with larger gang storage to aid in the loss. 

Or find a way to offer other means of storage. More housing etc. 

Simple suggestion, 1 storage locker per person. There is no reason why you would need more than one fully upgraded locker per person. This would make them much more easy to obtain for small companies or solo people. without them small businesses can’t function very well and it seems every gang has about 16 of them. 

I personally own 3 storage lockers, 2 of them fully upgraded. And I can tell you that there is multiple reasons one might need more than a couple containers. I think it would be better to add more lockers around the city, or remove inactive containers after some time. I know multiple people who are banned/left the server that have containers that are just left without being used at all.

Yes it does suck when one person has a monopoly of containers. But it is just a fact of first come, first served. There are quite a lot of people selling their containers. Lookout on Tweedle etc and save up to buy one!

Yes it does suck when one person has a monopoly of containers. But it is just a fact of first come, first served. There are quite a lot of people selling their containers. Lookout on Tweedle etc and save up to buy one!
Hello mate. There is no one selling containers 😂 we’ve all been trying for weeks. and yes don’t worry ‘we’ve saved up all our pocket money’🙄😅

Agreed on the limit as a proposed change. 

Something definitely needs to be done. If someone is banned it needs to revert like a house would. Currently no mechanic in game for that. I think that'd be a start but I voted in favour of some kind of change.

There has already been things like 'storage wars' I'm sure that can be implemented again. Just because people have things and you're wanting to take them away because they have multiple is a mad idea to me. The thoughts behind that in my opinion is because someone has multiple and I have none, I'm entitled to it. The people that have the containers are the ones that went out their way to either get them on release or payed a substantial amount of money for them. Just wait for more and maybe you'll get lucky, either that or wait until someone is selling. 

I dont agree with stopping people from owning multiple but there should be negative buff for doing this like rental or upkeep costs.

Tax on containers like with the housing. This will make it so that if its not in use by a non active player for any reason it will give other active players a chance to get a hold of them. Maybe add some more container location. Seen many good spots for containers that are not used.

There has already been things like 'storage wars' I'm sure that can be implemented again. Just because people have things and you're wanting to take them away because they have multiple is a mad idea to me. The thoughts behind that in my opinion is because someone has multiple and I have none, I'm entitled to it. The people that have the containers are the ones that went out their way to either get them on release or payed a substantial amount of money for them. Just wait for more and maybe you'll get lucky, either that or wait until someone is selling. 
I already have a locker bud I’m not trying to take them a way. But what I saying is say for example you are a member of the balla’s and you have 5 storage lockers, it would still be okay if they were distributed amongst higher ups instead of one person having all 5. Otherwise we might as well be able to buy more than one house. 

I own 1 storage fully maxed and it is very easy to still run out of space when running a mining company or business . A simple £1 per month TAX would free up alot of storage as people are inactive or even banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back