What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Lockpicking people out of handcuffs in a bluezone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckkyy

Quick question which I kind of need clarification on. In the rules, nowhere it states that lockpicking a person out of zipties in a bluezone is against the rules, but according to almost 99% of the people I've spoken to you can get banned for it. With lockpicking them I mean that the officer has left the location for just a second while for example speaking to a superiour. 

Thanks for any response!

I don't see anything wrong with it, if Police officers are incompetent as to not watch the people they've apprehended then it's their fault if they get away. I think Vladic said the same thing once, although I am not sure.

I see where the confusion comes in however.

You must not lock-pick or steal a vehicle from the blue zone.

Whilst the above rule can be read as 'you must not lock-pick a vehicle, it can also be read as you must not lock-pick. Additionally, you must not steal a vehicle.

Also, a blue zone has the same rules as a greenzone with some additional layers of protection. So...

Green zones are “Safe” areas where players are able to convene without hostile interruption.

I would suggest that illegally lock-picking an arrested individual from his cuffs would be classed as a hostile interruption to the police and suspect's RP.

I shall put this to the staff team and see what the consensus is. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I see where the confusion comes in however.

You must not lock-pick or steal a vehicle from the blue zone.

Whilst the above rule can be read as 'you must not lock-pick a vehicle, it can also be read as you must not lock-pick. Additionally, you must not steal a vehicle.

Also, a blue zone has the same rules as a greenzone with some additional layers of protection. So...

Green zones are “Safe” areas where players are able to convene without hostile interruption.

I would suggest that illegally lock-picking an arrested individual from his cuffs would be classed as a hostile interruption to the police and suspect's RP.

I shall put this to the staff team and see what the consensus is. 
Considering that you are not harming anyone during lockpicking someone it could create an interesting roleplay story if carried out properly. 

As a cop I wouldn’t see a problem with it, as long as it was done while an officer wasn’t looking or paying attention, it’s when you get people walking up as you are talking to the person and just go oh I’m tying my shoelaces, then that just drags away from the roleplay you’re giving the person to deal with someone who’s just being a pain

Always got told this is okay as you should never realistically be given the opportunity or time to do so, so if you do somehow manage to do it, then fair play.

Okay, consensus among staff is this is fine so long as it's done with RP, and not in a trolling way. i.e. The officer is standing in front of you questioning the suspect and you're there trying to lock pick him out.  IF the suspect has been left unattended, fair game.   

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back