What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Low FPS Fix? ( let me know )

The real soap

So today i was playing and found myself with low fps and constant jittering of the screen from 1fps back to normal!!

so i decided to explore and couldn't find a fix, after trying many things its finally back to normal.

im not sure which one of these processes fixed it but ill list them below to see if it helps anyone ;

• firstly i rolled back my Nvidia drivers because the new one is kinda buggy
  • then i re-installed my Arma 3
  • then i cleared all my mission files from Arma 3
  • then i watched a video on how to boot FPS by editing the Arma3 CFG to better fit my pc's specs
  • i overclocked my GPU (not recommended)  but may well of helped, very un-likely 
  • i also played with my in game setting and lowered  them for max performance, the game really doesn't look much different so not a big loss
  • i set my launch options to fit my PC, i have a 3.2ghz CPU with 4 cores so i used the launch option = -cpucount4 -exthreads 7
  • i also made my virtual memory target high priority programs such as Arma 3 and TS
this has seemed to fix it i done all of this in one lump and it worked after so not sure which one it could be but thought i would post it to help some people out.

I hope i could help some people out!!

press SCHIFT - (minus on numpad) type flush,

you probly think where do i have to type it nowhere just press the buttons and TYPE it and it works only for some people not far all. Most of the times it works tho

@Pvt Soap @johnnysalmon @SlimShady

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah seems reasonable, see I had the same bug SOAP was talking about and once I disabled by shadow play it worked. @SlimShady did you have the bug and try to fix it with my solution? It really did matter as it fixed mine his settings could be wrong

It is really not possible to say what worked best for you since you went all in, but i guess that it was the reinstall itself mainly. Your files aren't stacked neatly together, but (as i read someone describe it once :)) vomited all over your disk by windows. As windows "vomits" all other crap you install on your drives (also what you are unaware of (viruses, bloatware etc)) it can slow down windows performance of these files, witch it tend to do over time. Also there is registry, device, service and driver issues etc etc. The older the install, the more is wrong with it basically. Depending how you use your system (install very little stuff, picky about how and witch programs you install, very cautious when surfing, good firewall management etc), it may work as new several years later or be, as for the most people, slowed down and buggy. A reinstall is often very effective then, often even for a single program in your old os install.

If you only have 4gigs or less of ram, then priority of memory probably have an good effect or if you tend to run ram hungry applications while playing arma.

Configuring config files is probably not doing much for you. Most system defaults has this done properly already, but you might have found something that worked better for your computer, but still not very lightly to have a noticeable effect or do anything new for you. The launcher has most of the relevant config settings for you already, if there are any need to manually set it (should not be, but could have been for you). If you do not know what you are doing, you might also be changing settings to your detriment.

You should fiddle around with the settings ingame to optimize it further. Different settings affect different resources in your system. Minimum and maximum isn't strictly min and max, and optimizing it can give a few extra fps. It depends on your system what will be the right settings for you. There are several videos explaining in more or less details what will effect what and how.

Rolling back graphics driver is probably not doing much for arma, but it might have helped.

Also, everything might have helped you a bit each giving you a significant total, but as said it is impossible to know now, and my money is that reinstalling was your most effective measure  :)

PS:

From my answer i assume you already tried changing ingame settings, deleting mission files, and resetting any config changes you might have done in the past without effect, before going through your list. :)

Also, i would say overclocking your gpu is always a good thing if you know what you do (shouldn't be too hard). I got no idea of witch GPU you have, so say you have a 780 or better and play in 1080p, it probably will be breezing through it and not give you any tangible effect. If you got like a 660 or something you probably will have more noticeacle effect.  

Well, the overclock should be helpful then :)

you can from time to time come across some great deals on 970's or 78oti, wiych will take care of your 1080p gaming for years to come :)

Overclock CPU. Do you have atleast 8gb of RAM?

Overclocked CPU with RAM is essential for ArmA as it is focues on the CPU.

Back