What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make all Clothing options from CAPS Wheel keyboard bindable

Koromiko

Clothing items controlled via the CAPS wheel are only partially exposed to the command line/chat window with switches under the clothing sub menu (/c). Examples of clothes that can be controlled using this method are:

• Hat
  • Mask
  • Glasses
  • Trousers
  • Contacts
  • Vest
  • Chain
  • Shoes
  • Bag
  • Gloves

For these items, because they are exposed to the F8 and Chat CLI, they can be bound to keyboard keys using the 'bind [desired key] [action]' but there are a number of clothing toggles on the CAPS menu which do not have their function exposed via the CLI and so are not bind-able. 

This request is to allow all clothing items from the CAPS menu to be exposed via the chat/F8 cli so they can be bound to a keyboard input. 

Examples of the clothing items not available which would be really useful....

• Helmet Visor (Flip Helmet)
  • Surgical Gloves (gloves are there but surgical ones aren't)
  • Flip Mask (I don't actually use this one but it may be of use to some people)
  • From the CAPS wheel also: Interactions->Grab Clothes when near service vehicles. This would be especially useful for firefighters who are (potentially) changing their clothes (from firefighter shirt to Turnout coat, BA and Helmet) each time they have a call. Exposing commands from this menu to the CLI for stream deck usage or keyboard binding would be amazing.

Benefits:

Mainly to emergency workers (Bike Police/Paramedics) for the visor but could be useful to many motorcycle riders in the city. Surgical gloves would be probably get much more widespread usage and it's something I've heard many people wish they could do (Police, Firefighters, Medics, Mechanics). 

Cons:

Certainly not a feature every player will use and for that reason, completely understand if this is wrapped up as part of a wider clothing update somewhere in the future as opposed to dedicating dev time to something so trivial. Would be really nice to have though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you have surgical gloves on you can use /c gloves to put them on and take them off. So that's a workaround but +1 overall from me

Would love one but they go for £100 second hand!!! Knowing what it would take to make one (about £3 in components and a 3D printer) I can’t bring myself to buy one 😥
If you have a tablet you can get the streamdeck app on it. I believe it still does the job

Hadn’t realised there as an app standalone of the hardware. 

thank you! 😁

@Chris Loveridge& @Brillheim Evernwhirlthis has changed my life!!

I have an iPad Pro, so the app works a treat....limited (on the free version) but actually, with pages....unlimited 🙂

Thank you!!!! Now would like these actions exposed to the cli even more!!!

Once you have surgical gloves on you can use /c gloves to put them on and take them off. So that's a workaround but +1 overall from me
I get an error on this..... says you can't change your gloves while you're wearing surgical gloves 😞

@Chris Loveridge& @Brillheim Evernwhirlthis has changed my life!!

I have an iPad Pro, so the app works a treat....limited (on the free version) but actually, with pages....unlimited 🙂get an error on this..... says you can't change your gloves while you're wearing surgical gloves 

😞
@Koromikoyeah it appears something is up with the gloves. Sometimes I have them on and it doesn't even register.

On the Streamdeck App on your PC search FiveM on the add-ons panel. There is one where you can set up /me's etc. Happy to speak to you on TS about it if you are about tonight

Back