What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make " Extra Sunny " the most common weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepherd Kingston

A kite dancing in a hurricane.
Investor
Brief Summary:

Make " Extra Sunny " the most common weather

Detailed Suggestion:

For majority of the time spent on the server it feels rather dull due to the weather being cloudy, raining, thunder etc and I think the game is so much nicer to play when the weather is " extra sunny " now I am not suggesting this to be the only weather on the server but certainly the most common.
Imgur Album to compare some of the visual difference with weather - https://imgur.com/a/otZ7EE9 

The Pros:

Visually the game looks better, more attractive and appealing to play rather then a dull cloudy city 

The Cons:

None

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

I find it rains far too often. Even for a British themed server.

I do appreciate variety but sometimes I feel it's forever wet or overcast.

dG5jvtW.png

I do feel that the constant rain, dark skies and sliding around every corner like its fast and furious is a little annoying. Great idea, +1.

The weather system has recently been replaced and made a lot smoother in its transitions, but I set it up initially with some guesses as to progression. At the moment, it does something along the lines of the behaviour tree below.

weather.png

I agree that it's a bit too rainy, and am currently looking at tweaking it so that it spends more time at the sunny end, but when it does decide to rain, it'll hover around there long enough to give us a bit of excitement, but not return too quickly. I also don't want it to be too predictable. It's a balancing act, and what you see above is the first cut.

I currently log all weather shifts over time, and need to go into the server and drag that info out to see whether it's been behaving itself, and how it actually turned out.

I have some other things on my plate at the moment, but it's on my list of things to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back