What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make Fishing Great Again

Cheen

Brief Summary: 

Buff fishing to similar levels it was before. The fishing days were great, I don't think it was over powered in any way and to be honest the money made per hour is similar to taxi'ing. I also feel like the RP provided by fishing was much better than the RP provided currently by taxi's. I understand there's the dispatch for taxi's that can lead to RP situations and player interaction but due to the cash in hand nature of Taxi's, taxi drivers ignore the dispatches a lot of the time and try to go about their business to make some money. This isn't a suggestion to nerf taxi's but opening up fishing as a viable way to make money in the city again will at least give people options and not make one group of individuals (taxi drivers, fishermen) a target for robbers. 

I found fishing brought around much better RP than any of the legal jobs currently do. From being able to go and fish with your friends, to talk to other people fishing, to speaking to the marine police ect.

The Pros: 

Gives another option of a legal job to go to.

Provides more RP opportunties.

Makes boats useful again.

Minimal dev work as the balance of fishing before seemed good.

The Cons:

No cons I could think of.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

A little bit, but not in a bad way, just gives a bit more variety.

@Mike Polo

Prices of fish to revert to what they used to be making it viable to fish and make money again. 

Used to be able to make 70-85k an hour fishing and now it's just not a possibility.

Seems pretty evident to me that the only real legal way to make cash is Taxi or Mechanic jobs.

Instead of just “increasing the price of fish”, there can be a lot done to make it more enjoyable. Personally the price to me is fine. The activity it self is the part that can be improved.

Idea 1:

Decrease the time it takes to get a fish by 10%.

Idea 2:

Create a system like with mining and smelting. Each fish is locked behind a level.  Essentially creating a perk system to make the process of getting to fish to sharks more enjoyable. 

Idea 3:

So it the previous fish isn’t not used again. We current can use some fish to help catch other fish even quicker. The idea is kinda the same, but you need the smaller fish to create the bait to catch the larger fish. So 1 trout can be turned into 10 trout bait with a knife to help catch 10 salmon easier. Then 1 salmon goes to catch another fish. Going all the way up to shark. Just gives more context to the current bait system.

Idea 4:

Create a progression system. What I mean by this, we should start off by fishing off a beach, river or a pond. As you get more experienced as a fishermen. It you head to deeper water. You need a boat then to catch the better fish. Then maybe a even bigger boat to catch the larger fish is needed. 

Idea 5:

Categories for fishing.

Pleasure fishing ( novice / entry level ).

Sport fishing ( medium ).

Commercial fishing ( highest legal fishing).

Then poaching/illegal (when you unlock going after turtles and sharks / any other protected fish).

Idea 6:

More types of fishing 

Crab fishing like off the deadliest catch. Lobster potting. Or even go Marlin fishing where 1 Marlin weighs a lot and costs a lot more ( limited to a few marlins each trip, but the value makes it worth it.

@Atles - Stumpy very good set of ideas. My suggestion was based on the enjoyment me and a lot of others had with fishing before it was changed but these suggestions are very good. +1 from me.

I remember when fishing was great, I remember every storm people would flock to pools and it actually got conversations happening no matter who you were apart of we all just chilled and spoke while fishing.

I really do hope they bring back the old fishing!

1+

Would be cool to have more uses for fish? Maybe a sushi restaurant and a seafood restaurant that needs fish from fisherman to create food to sell? Then there's more RP to it, the price of fish is then up for negotiation and more businesses can be created! 

I remember the fishing place was filled with cars and was a fun place to go to, anything to bring people together and RP is +1

Back