What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make Molotovs craftable on gang benches

ErnieW

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary:
Make Molotov's and their fuel available to craft at gang benches.

Detailed Suggestion:
Molotov's and their fuel should be able to be crafted on gang benches and then after some time maybe even public ones. Molotov's should be able to be made by any gang member that is inclined to do so to be used in a number of roleplay situations. They don't have the same impact as a low end pistol and do far less damage. It also would make more sense in roleplay to see more Molotov's as the materials necessary are way more commonplace than the materials necessary for a pistol. Currently the crafting is lacking on the server and is mostly done by the factions, opening this up would be a good and safe step towards more trust being placed in the gangs. 

Would be interested to hear everyone's opinions on this, for or against.

The Pros: 
More realistic.
More non restricted crafting recipes
More content and roleplay for criminals.
More possible roleplay for the fire department 

The Cons:
Can't think of any.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?:
No

agree on this tbh, doesnt take a lot to make them, just hope we dont get people making them and throwing them in drivebys lol

Big +1 on this, although possibly don't make them too easy to get as we don't want every baldie and his nan to have them in his pocket

Realistically doesn't even take much science to know how to make one  +1

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 Would be a lot more realistic Molotov's/petrol bombs are easily made IRL to an extent so I think this would be a nice little feature however...

Cons: This could make petrol bombs a lot more accessible resulting in more people getting there hands on them and before you know Molotov's will be the new snowball so if this was to go ahead I think it would be something that should require a good amount of resources.

In my option, it shouldn't be just "craftable in gang bench" Not because TFA doesn't have one but rather add on to the current system. To me it makes more sense to involve Bars and Clubs in Molotov's, maybe a system where they could make vodka fuel they can't sell it at the bar / club but they could sell to others if they like. It wouldn't be cheap to make and would be in small amounts. Then a system where when Bars / clubs order alcohol they have a small chance of getting a "Empty bottle" item which they could then use with so other stuff like having a place where you would "concentrate" a lot of alcohol and with a "empty bottle" and some "Rag" which you can make with idk Hemp, You could then make a Molotov. maybe even have it as you need Vodka fuel and a empty bottle with a rag to then make a Molotov. 

Molotov's needs to be hard to make as it is the "weapon" while Vodka Fuel needs to be easier but not too easy for anyone to make. It does need to be balance so not every baldie can get it, set up a place to "concentrate" a lot of alcohol into a Molotov or use Public and Gang benches to make them. 

It just need to be regulated so not everyone can get it, but for me it makes more sense for it to do with places that deals in alcohol like bars and clubs.

This is my option and not the option of staff

In my option, it shouldn't be just "craftable in gang bench" Not because TFA doesn't have one but rather add on to the current system. To me it makes more sense to involve Bars and Clubs in Molotov's, maybe a system where they could make vodka fuel they can't sell it at the bar / club but they could sell to others if they like. It wouldn't be cheap to make and would be in small amounts. Then a system where when Bars / clubs order alcohol they have a small chance of getting a "Empty bottle" item which they could then use with so other stuff like having a place where you would "concentrate" a lot of alcohol and with a "empty bottle" and some "Rag" which you can make with idk Hemp, You could then make a Molotov. maybe even have it as you need Vodka fuel and a empty bottle with a rag to then make a Molotov. 

Molotov's needs to be hard to make as it is the "weapon" while Vodka Fuel needs to be easier but not too easy for anyone to make. It does need to be balance so not every baldie can get it, set up a place to "concentrate" a lot of alcohol into a Molotov or use Public and Gang benches to make them. 

It just need to be regulated so not everyone can get it, but for me it makes more sense for it to do with places that deals in alcohol like bars and clubs.

I think this is interesting, empty bottles and hemp making a molotov might makes sense, and making it all more limited, to ensure not every baldie will have a molotov.

Couldnt agree more with this way, would defo create some more RP than just farming and crafting petrol bombs Massive +1 from me

+1 

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 like this idea. Make it difficult to produce and a hefty prison sentence if caught making or in possession 

I would like to bring into light that rather than gangs having fights in cars with guns, instead they could use Molotov's making it a more fun rp scenario to be involved within.

The only negative element of this is that once baldies find out about this within rp they will just use their 35k starter to buy a molotov and break the rules lol.

Overall it would be great to be able to see more Molotovs in the server

+1

Obviously this will get a lot of love from gang members. However, a molotov is an incendiary device meaning if caught with one you should get a terrorism charge. 

Now, if gangs/groups are able to make these i can imagine the use of them would sky rocket and los santos would turn into the burning depths of hell for a while. I would also imagine that police would counter increased use of these with a huge sentence coming with a terrorism charge like say 5k months and if caught multiple times you would get life. 

I also disagree with the pro "more content and roleplay for criminals" crafting is one of the biggest things that takes you away from actual roleplay standing at a bench semi afk. Maybe depending on the way that you aquire the materials to craft these it might increase. But crafting deffo does not increase roleplay at all. 

They would be the downsides to this suggestion. That is the way i can imagine this going so as long as you would be prepared for that and the big bad criminals dont open tickets to staff when there getting automatic 5k sentences or something saying about how not fair it is. Or even life if caught multiple times. Then sure, if implemented i would also ask gangs use there heads and dont sell them for about 1k per molotov like you gangs did with pistols back in the day when anyonr could make them. Selling them for craft value. Things like that is what takes the trust out of gangs being able to craft more. 

i personally can't wait to sit in my police car and get a molotov thrown at me for no reason

other than the increased molotovs attacks that would happen towards police, and the reeing that will possibly occur once police find a way to combat it, i'm not against it as long as every baldie in the city can't just buy them, or make them for that matter

if it gets used proper then a +1 for me, otherwise it's a no

+1, accidently made one when I was 14 with an alcohol based insense. It's really easy to make. I vote singed eyebrows/10.

Why everyone saying use vodka for the molotov otherwise known as petrol bomb is beyond me. 

Fill a petrol can and use that. Its an incendiary device. Designed for riots and such. 1000% agree to terrorism charges or the riot act. If you get the so called baldies using em so be it. Max sentences all round. Make em so they start fires easily for the firemen to put out but take a bit of time to get going and aren't insta kill on players if you really must. 

+1

Back