What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make Morphine more easily obtainable

William Antrim

Morphine is hard to come by currently. It can be obtained from only two sources, neither of which can provide it in a supply level akin to other drugs within the city. The profit gained does not really equate well to the effort put into obtaining the drug. I dont want to stipulate too much of the facts here for fear of metagaming suffice to say it is very difficult to come by from the shops where it is obtained and the prescription route only works once in a blue moon.  

I would like to propose two solutions - one would potentially be a pick up in the world - like the old ephedrine pick ups from when the server first started. I suggest this as it wouldnt be as easy to bulk produce the derivative products due to the necessary additional ingredients and the process but it would significantly increase the supply. 

The other would involve a slightly longer process but borrow from existing mechanics within the game. Growing poppies. Seeds would be obtained from shops as normal and be completely legal, flowers would be grown in pots and then when harvested you would need a poppy knife (that youd possibly have to craft) and then youd be able to take the morphine from the poppy. 

The morphine could then be processed in the usual way and become useful in other RP scenarios. 

I would like to  see either one or both of these suggestions implemented if possible - dependent on what people think is fair. The complexity of the process means this sort of thing isnt going to be everyones cup of tea i admit but for those who want to immerse themselves in some more interesting scenarios rather than simple profiteering it might be a good fun escapade. 

Does it imbalance the server: well it gives people another way to make money so yeah in one way it does but in another it could be fun so i guess that balances things out. 

If Poppy's were added as a growable plant would it not make more sense to have it be used to produce heroin as that is a more commonly blackmarket produced drug, but also to add to that production of drugs with Poppys requires a huge amount of space as it is using the seeds of the plant so not necessarily something that could just be done at home.

A poppy field could grow on cayo perico. Just gotta use a bit of imagination. All the down votes are from gang members wanting to control the coke supply no doubt.

On a much more serious note now the drug business does need some love. Open up more options for people who wish to pursue that life of crime and not just be coke and weed all the time along with the occasional crack dealer, me. 

This is a good suggestion to kick things off. Meth is in the city but hardly worth the effort. Extascy also "allegedly" but I've found this inconclusive. 

I'd like to see a wide range of drugs being brought in to play to keep things interesting. 

To be honest it would be nice to see a drug like heroin that you actually have to pick and stuff as right now its just buy n sell hardly no rp involved but back in the field days there were gang interactions field raids from police stake outs shootouts gangs. Coming together to push police away from the field. Taxing all kinds of fun stuff that would be nice. To come back +1

In my opinion no drug should be controlled. At least not 100% we should be able to pick the drugs in a field but to process it the gangs would control the cutten agent  We need to process it which again would give more RP  more ways for people to earn money working for you and so on but yeah would be nice to see something otger than cocaine wile other drugs are dying due to coke been so easy to get and sell. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Poppies  don't make heroin, they make opium. Morphine is part of that process.  The idea is to give more rp for those who want get involved in  that process and prefer rp over profit. 

Down  votes are fine. Shit happens. Half the  time it's a popularity contest anyway. Down  votes with no comment usually  don't mean much. If people can't  be arsed to comment then it's a poor tale. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Poppies  don't make heroin, they make opium. Morphine is part of that process.  The idea is to give more rp for those who want get involved in  that process and prefer rp over profit. 

Down  votes are fine. Shit happens. Half the  time it's a popularity contest anyway. Down  votes with no comment usually  don't mean much. If people can't  be arsed to comment then it's a poor tale. 
Its a shame really i mean this would be good and i made a few but ive seen a pattern of what ones seem to be liked most n to be honest devs do it for free without pay which is nice of them. I just hope more jobs come in as theres only really taxi. Fishing and cocaine no other are worth doing in my opinion 

Back