What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make personal vehicles more difficult to lock pick

NoobH4mm3r

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:
Making privately owned vehicles less easy to lock pick.

Detailed Suggestion:
I would like to suggest, like the title already says, to make personal owned cars more difficult to lock pick. It can be way too easy to lock pick someone's vehicle. Often less than 5-10 seconds. Typically, then dumped around the next three corners because driving is hard, and the car broke down.
Perhaps through a third, fourth or even fith lock like with police vehicles.

The Pros:
-More quality of life due to not stressing so much for petty vehicle stealing
-No development needed due to already existing solution

The Cons:
I don't really see a con from my point of view
Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
Not really.

i was thinking about this the other day, it should be like the trackers you can get fitted, have a option to purchace better locks upto say 4 pins, or like with the storage containers so it can alert you when someone is messing with the locks

I have to -1 this. Reason being is there is parking facilities around the city so if you didnt want the stress of your car being stolen park them at parking areas or in a secure area? Yes maybe 5 lockpick clicks to get into any vehicle would be good but roleplay has got to be enjoyable for all parties 🙂

@Katelyn West Thank you for your feedback. But you could consider times when you can't store your vehicles away in public parking areas when you're out working, loading and unloading vehicles or even mining and smelting.

I have to -1 this. Reason being is there is parking facilities around the city so if you didnt want the stress of your car being stolen park them at parking areas or in a secure area? Yes maybe 5 lockpick clicks to get into any vehicle would be good but roleplay has got to be enjoyable for all parties 🙂
Although I get the idea behind this, I tend to disagree. A lot of events people want to leave their vehicles out for show or if you're quickly popping into a shop/dealership.

I get there is always a risk with leaving your vehicle out that it will be stolen, and its a risk we are all fully aware of and that we take. However, 2 locks on personal vehicles can be broken in a matter of seconds, then coupled with the fact there is no hot wiring mechanic its far too easy for someone to have their car stolen.

I think a delay in the lock picking (more locks to do) and the introduction of a hot wiring mechanic (similar to repairing etc, the little wheel of annoyance) gives the vehicle owners more time to possibly catch the thief in action and expand the roleplay. Plus it makes it more of a risk for car theives and requires more planning, adding to the excitement of stealing someone's car.

Big +1 from me!

I would suggest. Instead of making the lockpicking harder, make it so it also has a challenge, like a minigame, to turn the engine on (meaning messing with the wires) instead of using a key that is not there:)

Although I get the idea behind this, I tend to disagree. A lot of events people want to leave their vehicles out for show or if you're quickly popping into a shop/dealership.

I get there is always a risk with leaving your vehicle out that it will be stolen, and its a risk we are all fully aware of and that we take. However, 2 locks on personal vehicles can be broken in a matter of seconds, then coupled with the fact there is no hot wiring mechanic its far too easy for someone to have their car stolen.

I think a delay in the lock picking (more locks to do) and the introduction of a hot wiring mechanic (similar to repairing etc, the little wheel of annoyance) gives the vehicle owners more time to possibly catch the thief in action and expand the roleplay. Plus it makes it more of a risk for car theives and requires more planning, adding to the excitement of stealing someone's car.

Big +1 from me!
Agreed +1

+1 make it like police cars for player owned vehicles 5 locks on the lock pick and 2 for local cars
Even 5 is pretty fast, last time I did a 5 I timed it at 40 seconds to do, lockpick plus hotwire, have a hotwire kit, use the spinning minigame, 0 hits = 1m to hotwire hit all 5 = 30s or something like that

Even 5 is pretty fast, last time I did a 5 I timed it at 40 seconds to do, lockpick plus hotwire, have a hotwire kit, use the spinning minigame, 0 hits = 1m to hotwire hit all 5 = 30s or something like that
That would just make it unfair for crimials to be honest? I get it for things like mines vehicles but it is a roleplay server to be enjoyed by everyone. Id say a hotwire kit is way to far in my personal opinion but the 5 lockpicks could work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this idea but I'm thinking of if u store stuff in a car as well, like say ur mining or smelting or so on and u start to run ur Ore then someone lock picks ur truck, van or car, just real easy for people to steal ur stuff.

That would just make it unfair for crimials to be honest? I get it for things like mines vehicles but it is a roleplay server to be enjoyed by everyone. Id say a hotwire kit is way to far in my personal opinion but the 5 lockpicks could work. 
You cant start a car without a key or hotwiring anyway so makes a lot of sense to have a hotwire method.

+1 I agree with this many times when your just popping into a shop and your car gets stolen in the matter of 5 seconds.

I think this would be a good idea maybe the 5 locks but i would also like the idea of the hotwire kit as it adds that little bit more rp or even a mining game that they have to do before the car will start.

+1 - I think that either adding more locks, or making it so you can purchase more. I think it’s far too easy to break into a vehicle and also with a hot wiring function added would add more roleplay and make it seem like a proper vehicle theft. 

maybe adding in tools that you can craft/purchase to be able to Hotwire a car (if you do not have the keys, eg. By being given them or by forcing someone to give you a key for that vehicle). I think considering these would make a great addition to vehicle thefts

Back