What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make Strength/Stamina Skills deteriorate over time

Wayne King

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Detailed Suggestion:

The Strength/Stamina stat in game feels like a one-off job that people need to do to get specific features/improvements to their gameplay (Locking on, Flipping cars, running for extra amounts of time etc.) While it does take a fair amount of time in the short term to max out this stat, I feel like there should be some kind of deterioration value over time which means you have to keep on top of your strength and stamina.

For example, I go to the gym on the 1st September, I workout and get myself back to 100 strength, I do not go to the gym for a couple weeks, so my strength has deteriorated to 86 (-1 per day?), however this value can be changed depending on what the agreed rate is. I then need to start going back to the gym and maintaining this value to ensure my strength is kept to a maximum.

As well as this, maybe a cap on how much you can workout per day should be implemented? Realistically I could not sit at a gym for hours on end working out until I was a lot stronger as eventually I would get tired (and probably injure myself after a period of time)

The Pros:

Gives gyms more use overall, potential for people to meet up to go to the gym together and workout

Could potentially result in some good RP scenarios in the gym

Means players will have to constantly look after themselves and ensure they are keeping strong instead of just running in there for 40 minutes and working out once

The Cons:

People may feel that this is going to be an inconvenience to their time on the server, having to actually maintain it instead of it being a "one and done" kinda job

Could potentially be difficult to find the perfect balance of deterioration over time

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

It will mean that players are forced to maintain theirstats instead of just forgetting about it, balance doesn't massively change, but this will add more effort required overall

+1 Can't think of a reason where this doesn't make sense. Would give further RP opportunities within gyms, maybe making them into an ownable space where you have to pay a small fee to use the machines?

Yea, I've felt this since day one. Open one more gym, mark the Paleto gym on the map. Maybe if general running/cycling improved stamina and we created another way to increase strength? We're an RP server and if people don't wanna ride a bike with thier buddy to stay fit, if they'd rather sit ant their gang hideout and eat bread and expect to run forever.. God help us, may as well take the 'serious RP' tag off tthe server browser name.

Literally, anything to create RP is good. It's so lame, everyone grinding/min-maxing for cars and having toxic gang wars or gangs robbing people and thier main RP line is 'you don't sound dead'. We may aswell just GIVE everyone maximum stats. What's the point of the gym? So newbies can be robbed with terrible RP? Sounds like fun.

I don't understand why this has -4 votes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I've felt this since day one. Open one more gym, mark the Paleto gym on the map. Maybe if general running/cycling improved stamina and we created another way to increase strength? We're an RP server and if people don't wanna ride a bike with thier buddy to stay fit, if they'd rather sit ant their gang hideout and eat bread and expect to run forever.. God help us, may as well take the 'serious RP' tag off tthe server browser name.

Literally, anything to create RP is good. It's so lame, everyone grinding/min-maxing for cars and having toxic gang wars or gangs robbing people and thier main RP line is 'you don't sound dead'. We may aswell just GIVE everyone maximum stats. What's the point of the gym? So newbies can be robbed with terrible RP? Sounds like fun.

I don't understand why this has -4 votes.
Bike Rides/Running groups is actually a fun idea you know, put all your beef aside for a quick bike ride and conversation haha

I think its going to be unpopular because it seems to invoke some sense of realism, would be nice if people who voted negatively actually provided input but I can't complain, after all its down for everyone to decide

I mean whatever works 😉, would just like to know what exactly people are against you know?
I think there are some legit arguments. If you think unbiasedly or altruistically  there's reasons for and against everything. But most people who just throw shit and move on know that they're reasons are selfish, or somewhat frowned upon. Unfortunately, the issue of RP being treated as an MMO/FPS is not exclusive to RPUK.

My initial reaction was that this would be annoying and would serve no point, but after actually reading the suggestion I think that it would actually be pretty cool, and as a cop it would give me an actual reason to go off duty and drive the car I bought other than to show off, this seems like a pretty cool suggestion.

It's important to ensure the timeframes are suitable so this doesn't become too much of a burden over a characters lifetime. For example, you wouldn't want to have to do it daily. Like you said going down 1 a day, dropping no lower than 20 would mean you have 80 days, that's 2 months and a half months of it going down. If top strength and stamina is important to you, you'll maintain it.

+1

Was talking about this just earlier this week, love the idea +1

+1 from me on this too, brings realism into it - as I'm sat here refusing to organise myself to go to the gym today irl!

Just been thinking maybe the gym could end up being someone's business too; where people go to pump iron and drop protein farts around whilst chatting shit.  We all know that happens in the big boy gym.

Sell protein bars in the vending machine, that when eaten look remarkably like kitkats.  Maybe even the energy drink only sold there?

Back