What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mature players (age)

Some grandparents are pretty badass

(14 here) Join lost vengeance
Lol i am not at the grandad stage as yet but i have been called grandad in other groups due to being the oldest, in fact one person (not this game) got quite derogatory once by saying "why the f--k is he playing on here with kids and not playing bingo somewhere"

Lol i am not at the grandad stage as yet but i have been called grandad in other groups due to being the oldest, in fact one person (not this game) got quite derogatory once by saying "why the f--k is he playing on here with kids and not playing bingo somewhere"
Yeah, some teens can be pretty douchey, but I like to think the majority of the RPUK community are relatively mature. We all love to roleplay.

BTW, I don't know how long you've been a member on RPUK but your forum profile is rather new so Welcome!

@SI LONG BEARD unfortunately my application was rejected so looks like it is the other side of the law bud 
1f600.png
Keep trying, nothing says you can't apply again :)

I am 42, and enjoy the police side much more than the hobo/rebel/citizen side myself.
I think its the structure and moral code of conduct expected that appeals to me. There is a set standard of what is expected of the police force.
When you get good roleplay and banter its nice. And when you get immaturity and spastic chaos you get to be the 'dad like' voice of maturity and reason of the situation (they dont always listen, but at least you get to try with some authority to sort out the chaos).

I used to think this community was dominated by older members but I've since learned a lot of the heads of departments are under 18. 

The younger kids will try to say they can be just as mature but uh... Well, if you're older you realize there is more to being an adult than just not being "immature."

I'm 24, I hang out with @SI LONG BEARD and his crew: steve and hugo and so forth when I want to have meaningful conversations or just a good time.

I recommend them.

To be mature is to take resposibilty for what you do in your life in any sence of the word. People do act immature from time  to time, but thats life. However, to take responibility for the action you will take will see you as an mature person and age in that contest is purely a bragging right. I know people in this community tht are 12 years old and are a joy to watch, and to see them take responibilty for their action, and they will surprice you with their imangination

Please tell me if I have got what you were saying wrong but,

How is being and older person a bragging right?

In what context can I brag for being in my 40's?

My thread my friend is not to have a pop at the younger gen of gamers it is purely to find people my own age or around that to go online with and chat. I have gone online and also teamed up with the younger gen but this is not what this thread is about.

I can also mess around and act immaturely on the occasion, I know kids have imagination as i have 3 of my own.

PLease do not turn this into something that it is not.

To be mature is to take resposibilty for what you do in your life in any sence of the word. People do act immature from time  to time, but thats life. However, to take responibility for the action you will take will see you as an mature person and age in that contest is purely a bragging right. I know people in this community tht are 12 years old and are a joy to watch, and to see them take responibilty for their action, and they will surprice you with their imangination
Maturity isn't just responsibility, its knowing when and where you should do something, and regardless most 12 year olds do not have that down to the same accuracy as a 40 year old.

Please tell me if I have got what you were saying wrong but,

How is being and older person a bragging right?

In what context can I brag for being in my 40's?

My thread my friend is not to have a pop at the younger gen of gamers it is purely to find people my own age or around that to go online with and chat. I have gone online and also teamed up with the younger gen but this is not what this thread is about.

I can also mess around and act immaturely on the occasion, I know kids have imagination as i have 3 of my own.

PLease do not turn this into something that it is not.
Don't worry aha, people just seem to get touchy about age on this server, not really sure why 😂

It's really simple guys. Merciful wants to hang out and play with people his own age, is that too much to ask? I'm sure you don't need to force your opinion on everyone on how young people are mature or whether they aren't.

Maturity isn't really the main issue of this thread is it guys? It's about Merciful wanting to play with people his own age because he'd have more in common with a person his own age than he would with someone a lot younger than he is.

I've got well over 10 years experience in running, managing, and taking part in communities over different games and I can tell you with the utmost certainty that maturity isn't the issue here. All you guys are doing is feeding a flame that will eventually burst into a fire which isn't needed. Either reply with a helpful comment or don't reply at all, and trust me I'm not backseat moderating here. All I'm doing is trying to stop a pointless stream of comments about an irrelevant aspect of this conversation.

We want to welcome every gamer young and old. Expressing your comments about maturity in younger people will just make younger people not want to join our community because they will just see everyone saying "younger people are immature" when that is not the case.

@Kevin Moran Thanks for that, for some reason that is exactly what the thread is turning into, at no point in my opening post do I use the word "mature" in any other way apart from "age" that is why I put age in open and closed brackets.

I will have to say i have had some great and poor RP with younger players as well as older ones, this thread is not about who i would like to RP with but more a group/clan of people with older people in who I can relate to and have a laugh/converse with people from my era, eg taking the mickey out of me in my younger years thinking it was cool (and fashionable) to wear paisley shirts with bright white dungarees (with the one side unclipped and folded down as that was the way we rolled 😂).

or about the first record i owned which was the theme song for Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Junior and Bad by Micheal Jackson.

Come on guys lets keep it on point please. 👍

Hi everyone, well an update on my new police application, well .......................................... I am in.

Thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome. 👍

Hi everyone, well an update on my new police application, well .......................................... I am in.

Thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome. 
1f44d.png
Congratulations buddy! My name is PCSO Charlie Clark so I hope to see you around and maybe have some banter while on patrol :)

Thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome. 
1f44d.png
Congrats! Goodluck in the academy period! It's a lot of fun. Btw if you ever want to patrol just pop me a message!

Thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome. 👍
Congrats!👍

If you need a patrol and I am on just let me know.
Long as you are OK with 'boring' patrols 😆. I'm the officer type that rather spend 15 minutes talking and a ticket (or RP out of a ticket), than fire a single bullet if I can help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey congrats on joining the police im 32 and i have had no bad experience with all the people i have patrolled with but i do understand your point in having something in common like talking about job, motorcycle, cars, beers, rent, children stuff like that but in the police you will find all ages and like i said i haven't come across anyone that has acted  immature.  congrats on joining the police if you see me and want to patrol hit me up bud 

I love the level of irony from the comments haha, also @Merciful if your looking for somewhere where the people have thick skin and can banter without feeling broken then UNMC isnt a bad place for it, we do have some younger's but we also have people aged 30+ and some even 50+! @blaze1981 give myself or blaze a ping on ts and we can have a chat 

I love the level of irony from the comments haha, also @Merciful if your looking for somewhere where the people have thick skin and can banter without feeling broken then UNMC isnt a bad place for it, we do have some younger's but we also have people aged 30+ and some even 50+! @blaze1981 give myself or blaze a ping on ts and we can have a chat 
Don't try and caress our officers  😉

Back