What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mechanic Job - Impounding Vehicles

FragstarGames

Brief Summary: Allowing mechanics to impound vehicles not on the impound list

Detailed Suggestion: So as we know a certain area in the city can become a nightmare *cough* trucking depot *cough* and people are always asking gods to help clear it up. Then there is the vast amount of dead vehicles acroos the island that just get left there. My suggestion is as follows, in the mechanic job you are able to impound  local vehicles that are added to the impound list when you take on an NPC job can we make it so any mechanic can collect and impound any vehicle that is broken and left in the middle of the city? This would help not only cleaning it up a bit but a bit more to do within the mechanic job itself. Obviously there would have to be a way to not just randomly impound peoples cars for the fun of it but i guess maybe having a system in place where if a mechanic was to take the piss with the role a player could report them to lets say "mechanic HQ" and if that player got 3 strikes they would be fired and cant do that job again for a certain amount of time or something else that  may work i dont know.  I fell having this in the mechanic job would benifit the city hugely adn also widen the mechanic job just a tad. Also if a player car got stolen and left at the side of a road a mechanic could impound it and that player can then collect their car from the impound and recieve a notification stating its at the impound, this may also help with the current lock picking being to easy issue.

The Pros: Cleans up trucking depot and the city and expands teh mechanic job

The Cons: mechanics could abuse the system and impound any player car

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

no

This is how the mechanic job should be but due to possible trolling it is an issue. I think if a car is 'smoking' and undriveable, it should be impounded regardless of where it is left in the city unless it's in a private drive or car park where there owner may come back to repair it. Also, you should have to be the highest mechanic level possible to have this power to prevent trolling as it is a lot of power tbh. +1 from me though.

only big issue with this is what's your little flat bed gonna do to a 16 wheeler head

Mechanics cant impound anywhere

only big issue with this is what's your little flat bed gonna do to a 16 wheeler head

Mechanics cant impound anywhere
ok so with larger vehicles why cant a mechanic do what a police officer currently does? Police are constantly going to the depot to import trucks that have been left there. Again this would only work on broken trucks and trucks only to try and prevent trolls

ok so with larger vehicles why cant a mechanic do what a police officer currently does? Police are constantly going to the depot to import trucks that have been left there. Again this would only work on broken trucks and trucks only to try and prevent trolls
Because the system police has can be done on any vehicle therefore if they got same system bam that car you had vanished

Because the system police has can be done on any vehicle therefore if they got same system bam that car you had vanished
Thats what i mean though that system could be modified for the highest level mechanics and only for large broken vehicles. I think police time is wasted on clearing the trucking depot and that job would be better suited for a mechanic

I think it would be possible to remove the trucks only ?
cars are not the biggest problem the trucks and trailers are.
sins they use the same trucks and trailers they might run under the same code and are easy to replace .
i would say a level 1 mechanic could remove them for a small reward and if caught in the act of trolling give them a 4 to 7 day ban 
and if caught in the act of abusing the reward character wipe or something

on a other server i played on they had this system in place
the police would call or pm a location to impound a car  / truck

and we could remove trucks without call whenever we were 100% sure it was abandoned 

it worked really well

Back