What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mechanic Repair success % chance

William Antrim

I dont know how the RNG works with the new repair kit system but is it possible we could have a % chance published so that we know what the success % is for each level of mechanic skill for repairing peoples engines? 

I just grinded to level 3 Mechanic and I am not sure how this helps me repair cars in terms of my success chances. I failed 3x on the trot with my last attempt and gave up and got a level 4 mechanic to do it instead. I lost the kits each time. This could be bad luck but if we had an idea that at level 0 it was 50% chance for example and incrementally 10% better with each level (90% at max possibly) then it might make people more agreeable to the changes. 

I understand not everyone is a qualified mechanic etc and the reasoning behind it all changing and I am all for it. 

Also do you think that if maybe when we tow the vehicle back, if we can fix it before we impound it we could get a little bit more mechanic XP and maybe a few extra bonus £ on top as well. This would represent us ACTUALLY doing a mechanics job not just being a tow truck driver. 

Someone said 80% at L4 but this could be conjecture 

I agree with providing more money/xp to mechanics if they repair cars before impounding them as it would make more sense for the roll, I don't think though that the figures for repair success should be released as this comes across as something that should be discovered in RP.

I agree with providing more money/xp to mechanics if they repair cars before impounding them as it would make more sense for the roll, I don't think though that the figures for repair success should be released as this comes across as something that should be discovered in RP.
how do you discover it if it hasnt been published in the first place and nobody actually knows? 

how do you discover it if it hasnt been published in the first place and nobody actually knows? 
It would be the same as if you were trying to work out the probability of anything else happening, you'd need to spend time recording it and calculating the probability yourself.

Back