What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Medic RP Matters !

Julie Cel

Things no medic likes hearing upon arriving to a scene:

*It's about time you came*

*Took your time getting here*

*Medic why didn't you revive me earlier*

Correct me if I'm wrong (sounds sassy but not meant to be sassy :x), but no where in the rules does it say players are ENTITLED to a revive after they get themselves killed. There's a reason players are able to die; to have a consequence to violent or irresponsible actions, and of course to keep players alert and cautious, since Altis is an island filled with crime after a war disassembled its government.

If everyone always got revived after dying, RP would suffer in a big way. There would be no deterrent to getting into gunfights or illegal behavior, because gear would never be at stake.

Therefore, Players need to realize being revived is a privilege, not a right.

Bad behavior/RP to medics from Hobos is one thing, but from all the regulars on the server, please think about what the medic faction gets out of their play time.

Medics don't go into heart-pounding, skill-based gun fights for a good time. We don't do resource runs and explore the map. We don't take hostages or commit other crimes for entertainment. We don't sit around and RP whatever we like with whoever we like. We also don't make a lot of money.

We Role-play with downed players. That is what we get out of our play time. And if you aren't providing, then we aren't receiving. 

So next time you are lucky enough to have a medic come across your dying self, be prepared to make it interesting for us, and we will do the same for you.

*I felt the need to get this message out to the community because I've been struggling to enjoy my time as a medic as of late. I love RPing with all of you, I have had some really great encounters. But when I log on lately this is what I'm faced with often:

*The map full of downed players.

*Players flooding into the hospital with dead bodies.

*A million messages flooding my phone to respond to various situations (most of the times vague like "help" and often with the location withheld)

With all this happening, and then my first revive someone has the nerve to say *took you long enough* or run off without RPing. I'm forced to just rush from encounter to encounter without even cracking a smile from some good RP. It makes me want to log right back off. This is probably why the medics have a high turnover rate in general.

So if everyone could be a bit more mindful I think that would be ✌️ * 

~Julia

100% support this

Bare all this above in mind next time you call or need a medic! 

and if you Call the medics / police then please look at this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot agree with this more! Whenever I'm off-duty and see the chat in game, most of it is people complaining about medics who are too slow etc. If you bleed out, it's not their fault. It's your fault that you're downed in the first place, at least most of the time. I understand it's frustrating to see a medic drive by but we have protocols to follow as well. We try our best to help those in need, but we cannot guarentee that everyone will be helped.

And I'd advice a lot of people to read Rewan's post about emergency calls! You don't have to follow it step-by-step, but I'd love to see more people put effort into it. It doesn't have to be an essay either, anything more than "help my friend is dying"  is more than enough for me. I hope people see this post and think twice before being rude to medics again. c;

When people's that way to me I like to react to it in a certain way. 

"It's about time you came" I'll just drag him into a bush and help the next person that's next to him

"Medic why didn't you revive me earlier?" I'll just drag him to a bush and help the next person that's next to him

"Took your time getting here" 

Well.. sir, I have the tendency to crash a lot. Sooooo.. yeah, then I drag him to a bush and help the person next to him

When people's that way to me I like to react to it in a certain way. 

"It's about time you came" I'll just drag him into a bush and help the next person that's next to him

"Medic why didn't you revive me earlier?" I'll just drag him to a bush and help the next person that's next to him

"Took your time getting here" 

Well.. sir, I have the tendency to crash a lot. Sooooo.. yeah, then I drag him to a bush and help the person next to him
we need to go on a medic patrol again mate :D 

This and everytime someone decide to write in occ "wtf are the medics doing?" like they're the only one dead in a server with 130 concurrent players, and if you write to them "Well then become a medic yourself" they don't even respond to you.

Couldn't of said this any better myself dood. 

Don't think people realise how many people there are to attend to > the ammount of medic online. Sometimes it's just a case of there is not enough NHS staff online too revive everyone on the map

My best comment when I arrived and someone asked me why it took so long, Best thing i could think of is inform them i was on my lunch break xD

Everyone please stick to the main topic of this post...It is a discussion not a place to bash the NHS Medics. This is someones opinion, please respect it, and if you disagree put your point forward in a more mature manor.

Many Thanks,

CMO Jackdevo.

I get that it's sarcasm but it's also not really helpful to spread these ideas. Not everyone will pick up that it's sarcastic and they will leave this post with the idea medics really aren't ever on.

The whole point of this post was to bring to light to the community that many medics stop playing bc of poor treatment from the rest of the player base. If you want medics on, maybe don't be sarcastic and leave them with a bad taste in their mouths from medic RP.

I made similar posts in the past. This will reach several people, but sadly the vast majority will not see it, and even those that do when they're frustrated the logic of your words go right out the window. It sucks, but just do your best, avoid any other character development as that's a sure fire way to get blacklisted if they can find a youtube video or a previously recorded stream to miss-use. 

Locked on request from the NHS as the discussion is going out off hand.

I'm going to unlock this post however if people continue to post sarcastic comments on it the post will be locked again.

Can't agree more with this, as a Police Constable I see this a lot, we would have finished a firefight and we'd have some rebels saying finally, about time, despite the medics, BY THE RULES aren't able to revive them, it's not their fault you can't shoot :) (I may have medic in my tags but I've only been on one patrol and to be honest it was a positive experience)

I totally agree with this! 

Been wanting to join the NHS for along time, but whenever I try and get on the NHS forum it says unable to acess, or error code or something.

Quite upsetting ;-;

Back