What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Melee actually being effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at the moment melee is awful and servers no threat due to the lack of the lock feature so targeting and hitting a player is impossible. This means if you try and rob from someone with a melee weapon as the threat, the threat is automatically gone as you can just run from the player and they cant catch you. So the targeting should come back especially after firearms have been basically taken out so new players cant obtain them

I’ll refer you to this as the suggestion is already about and also the dev team are seeking people’s opinions so I’d encourage you to add your bit etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just coming here to post an idea on this very subject. I have just read the whole thread and I am in COMPLETE agreement with the idea of gym training etc. It can be a like a mixed martial arts type of thing. It could create jobs for personal trainers in the city if people thought about it more. Id like to add benefits to run speed/stamina drain from gym work too (something akin to san andreas system if people remember that). 

I would also like to just throw in an additional suggestion - the one I was coming to propose anyway - having discussed this idea with members of my crew over the last few days we wondered about something that would be somewhere in the middle of the ideas suggested already. The short version is - if possible - when you go to melee fight someone (weapon or fist) and you right click you "line up" to punch them perfectly at that point. Hopefully the animation would allow others to see the character has lined up so that he can hit them (like what the lock on used to do). However IF the victim is savvy enough then they can back off, move sideways - whatever and basically dodge the incoming attack, or part of it. Or counter attack of course. This command would not "lock" the person into a fight but would allow accurate contact and a more skilled approach to melee. 

TLDR: 

Right click basically "lines you up" to punch the target at their current location compared to you so that melee becomes more of a right click/left click dance of skill than the 2 blind musician analogy further up. 

Hope this helps. I waffle a lot.  

Also - on another note, +1 for making no weapon one stab and done - 2-3 stabs per weapon would be best. Is it possible to make the price reflect the lethality though - the more damage they do per hit the more money they cost kind of deal. I prefer a longer TTK as with a melee weapon I wouldnt always want to kill someone. I prefer to throw people a beating and then let them decide if they want to continue, knowing the next hit might be the last. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant idea, what are peoples thoughts on this? Might finish my started stats stuff of this is what people want. Increase swim stuff as well at the gym etc, I had started it but never finished it
Approved

Merged 3 suggestions all covering same topic.

Moving to accepted under this quote and implmentation

A completely different approach could be that new characters start off untrained and with no lock-on. You could then visit a gym or something and train yourself, then after being slightly trained you could lock on within 1m and it could increase up until you’re back where lock on was originally. Idk just thought that might be cool. I miss the days of San Andreas where you’d train yourself to get better at doing certain things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back