What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Method of Scrapping/Removing Vehicles

Thud

Hello,

Just a short one - I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any direct way of removing vehicles from ownership and sending them into the void.

As a result, my impound has been stuck with a totally busted Tornado that's been sitting unused since my arrival in the city. I'd like for there to be some kind of scrapping mechanic, to allow visitors to clean their hands of any unwanted vehicles.

This would make sense to be a vendor at one of the scrapyards, that would allow you to hand in a vehicle to be scrapped. They could then pay out a nominal fee for the scrap value, for instance, £100 for a motorbike, £150 for a car, £200 for a van/truck.

Adding a scrapping mechanic would also add depth to police roleplay, giving the government options to permanently crush vehicles that are repeatedly involved in crime.

Just an idea, and I feel it would add a small QoL improvement, as well as the deeper potential impact on roleplay.

Cheers 🙂

Adding a scrapping mechanic would also add depth to police roleplay, giving the government options to permanently crush vehicles that are repeatedly involved in crime.
Just to let you know that LSPS do have the ability already to scrap vehicles if the tickets of the owner reach a substantial amount as it is, but it would add more Police involvement, E.G We transport the vehicles to the scrap yards.

Just to let you know that LSPS do have the ability already to scrap vehicles if the tickets of the owner reach a substantial amount as it is, but it would add more Police involvement, E.G We transport the vehicles to the scrap yards.
Yeah I've heard something like that existed before, but have never been able to actually make use of it.

Do you like the idea of cops having an extra step, to take vehicles to scrap? If it would take up too much police time, maybe this can be devolved to a mechanic's task (on behalf of the police force) while still allowing citizens to use it at will?

Yeah I've heard something like that existed before, but have never been able to actually make use of it.

Do you like the idea of cops having an extra step, to take vehicles to scrap? If it would take up too much police time, maybe this can be devolved to a mechanic's task (on behalf of the police force) while still allowing citizens to use it at will?
I actually wouldn't mind giving us the ability to do this, especially as a PC in the quieter hours i'd be happy to transport vehicles to a scrap yard! 

There's a scrap yard down by the arena on South Arsenal Street that would be a good place. Scrapping cars and getting a % of their value back would be good as at the moment it doesn't make sense to pay £20k to transfer a £4k car to someone to get rid of it.

The alternative is a set amount of resources such as metals from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a scrap yard down by the arena on South Arsenal Street that would be a good place. Scrapping cars and getting a % of their value back would be good as at the moment it doesn't make sense to pay £20k to transfer a £4k car to someone to get rid of it.

The alternative is a set amount of resources such as metals from it.
Maybe you could choose whether you want to just drop off your car and have them pay a scrap value, or you could stick around for a while and do some "process" (likely just a bar progression) to spend some time to actually pull out the components where you get metal instead?

Idk probably overcomplicating it,  but the more I see that god forsaken tornado the more I start fiending for this.

Back