What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mining Revamp

Tyson Blake

Brief Summary: Time after time I find myself on a daily In the mine gathering resources. But It's now become an annoying task to complete since running up and down the mine In a jogging state makes the process longer just because of running stuff out to your vehicle. I'd like to propose a few things I believe would make mining as a whole much more enjoyable to do.

Detailed Suggestion: 

- Mine Cart: Allow the user to either rent or just use a minecart or wheelbarrow which will aid In carrying more than just a pocket full. The tracks are there but no use for them.

- Strip Lights: The lighting situation Is extremely poor most times, and It's an effort since not everything has lighting so we're forced to use flashlights. 

- Entrance Door: This Is a huge annoyance to everyone I've ever come across up there. The door gets In the way way too often and serves entirely no purpose at all. It could just do with being removed.

- Wider tunnel: To make things easier to run, and there's no other option. People tend to use quads or bikes, however when peak times occur you'll find yourself playing spaghetti junction just to mine. We need a better alternative that doesn't Impede too much.  (Probably won't work due to the gta map.)

The Pros:

- Much better mining experience

The Cons:

- Lots of Dev work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No. It's just QoL changes.

As someone who uses the mines so often and has seen it at it's worst I really do feel like this suggestion is an amazing one.

I agree with everything on this list, the front door is very glitchy especially with bikes as it can cause vehicles to fling and cause people to be downed.

If we wanted to make it more realistic we should organise like a protest outside city hall and demand changes to put some RP behind it.

As someone who uses the mines so often and has seen it at it's worst I really do feel like this suggestion is an amazing one.

I agree with everything on this list, the front door is very glitchy especially with bikes as it can cause vehicles to fling and cause people to be downed.

If we wanted to make it more realistic we should organise like a protest outside city hall and demand changes to put some RP behind it.
Protest doesn't sound like a bad Idea at all.

I agree with this suggestion.

Implementing a rentable mine-cart would also be beneficial for new players as quads can be fairly expensive and hard to come across.

As Mark said, the front door is especially glitchy with bikes & quads, causing people to be downed after being flung off their vehicle. 

I also agree with the strip lights and wider mine as I often find myself not being able to see where I'm going when running through the mines.

I agree with this suggestion.

Implementing a rentable mine-cart would also be beneficial for new players as quads can be fairly expensive and hard to come across.

As Mark said, the front door is especially glitchy with bikes & quads, causing people to be downed after being flung off their vehicle. 

I also agree with the strip lights and wider mine as I often find myself not being able to see where I'm going when running through the mines.
Would it be a stretch to ask to remove them huge dumbells as well? I don't know how to spell them but they get in the way, maybe put them by the guy you can interact with so they don't get in the way of the tracks as well?

I love this idea! I am not a miner in RP but i do have to run the stuff in and out all the time and i do agree with every single point made. 

There is one more thing id like to add which is the glitching that happens when you walk to close to people mining or drive your quad passed and your get sucked up into the wall by the pickaxe. This is honestly the worst thing as you can rarely release yourself unless everyone stops mining and has often almost lead me to going down just from the aftermath of glitching ahaha. 

Lights I agree, everything else I don’t.

prices on ores and ingots are not cheap but aren’t expensive either, this suggestion will just make the market overflow with materials even more than they are now, prices will drop and there goes another way for the miners to make money.

(keep in mind I’m not a miner)

Lights I agree, everything else I don’t.

prices on ores and ingots are not cheap but aren’t expensive either, this suggestion will just make the market overflow with materials even more than they are now, prices will drop and there goes another way for the miners to make money.

(keep in mind I’m not a miner)
I see your point. Although not sure how this would make the market overflow, If anything It just speeds up the running process so you don't need to keep going backwards and forwards.  There are already alot of people mining, I could be wrong but I'd be doubtful If these changes made more people want to mine oppose to selling drugs or doing whatever else Instead because not alot of people like staring and a wall for 30-40min If anything It sends most to sleep.

I see your point. Although not sure how this would make the market overflow, If anything It just speeds up the running process so you don't need to keep going backwards and forwards.  There are already alot of people mining, I could be wrong but I'd be doubtful If these changes made more people want to mine oppose to selling drugs or doing whatever else Instead because not alot of people like staring and a wall for 30-40min If anything It sends most to sleep.
Well... right now, there's more supply than demand already, people can't get rid of some materials.

now what you want to do, is make it easier for them to get materials (which already happened, it was much worse prior to the last mining changes)

less work more money = luxurious right? no.

what will happen is, you will mine for person X for 40k a truck and here comes Andrey who will be willing to do it for 35k, because it's so easy and all you need to do is stand at point A for hours and just send minecarts outside, oh wait, here's Matthew who's willing to do it for 30k now! 

at some point, materials will be overflowing (worse than now) there's going to be no real need in them miners and then we'll see more people complaining about there not being anything to do for money.

All you'd do with this suggestion is just speed this whole situation I've just wrote down, as it is already happening.

Don't get me wrong, proposals are always a good thing and improvements are always welcome, it's just my opinion on this one.

Well... right now, there's more supply than demand already, people can't get rid of some materials.

now what you want to do, is make it easier for them to get materials (which already happened, it was much worse prior to the last mining changes)

what will happen is, you will mine for person X for 40k a truck and here comes Andrey who will be willing to do it for 35k, because it's so easy and all you need to do is stand at point A for hours and just send minecarts outside, oh wait, here's Matthew who's willing to do it for 30k now! 

at some point, materials will be overflowing (worse than now) there's going to be no real need in them miners and then we'll see more people complaining about there not being anything to do for money.

All you'd do with this suggestion is just speed this whole situation I've just wrote down, as it is already happening.

Don't get me wrong, proposals are always a good thing and improvements are always welcome, it's just my opinion on this one.
I feel you, I respect this post.

The lights I did suggest ages ago but it got looked over.

I would love to see the mine more wider though that'd be nicer, I mean the pickaxes get in the way when you walk down when there's someone mining, you get stuck on it XD

But I agree with this, I remember being a miner before and during the drought of money, I was being paid 500k+ a week before the mining drought and now I just do it for free for friends.

- Mine Cart: Allow the user to either rent or just use a minecart or wheelbarrow which will aid In carrying more than just a pocket full. The tracks are there but no use for them.
While this would be a brilliant addition, I can't see this sort of thing working practically. If there's more than 1 person in the mine, how do you plan on getting the minecarts past each other? It's already hard enough to get two quads past each other and they're not even bound to the tracks.

- Strip Lights: The lighting situation Is extremely poor most times, and It's an effort since not everything has lighting so we're forced to use flashlights. 
I completely agree with this, playing with NVE, I literally cannot see anything when I go into the mines, it's pitch black apart from the people and the light at the end of the tunnel.

- Wider tunnel: To make things easier to run, and there's no other option. People tend to use quads or bikes, however when peak times occur you'll find yourself playing spaghetti junction just to mine. We need a better alternative that doesn't Impede too much.  (Probably won't work due to the gta map.)
Not sure how possible this would be due to the tunnels being a default GTA thing, they'd have to be completely remade by a dev if I'm correct

Not tryin to hijack the thread but I'd love to see more uses for all the materials mined. Expanded crafting would be a lot of fun. 

Not tryin to hijack the thread but I'd love to see more uses for all the materials mined. Expanded crafting would be a lot of fun. 
That is a great idea, however, you will need to make a thread giving ideas of what exactly you would like to see and how will it be done, make sure it’s balanced out.

That is a great idea, however, you will need to make a thread giving ideas of what exactly you would like to see and how will it be done, make sure it’s balanced out.
Ive made a few threads in the past. Lots of ideas thrown out. I know its a HUUUUUUGE task to do too but im just saying id love to see them give it a go.

Back