What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Monthly Tax for Storage Containers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenzzz

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:

Implement a monthly tax feature for all storage containers, similar to the housing tax system.

Detailed Suggestion:

Because of how storage containers were introduced in the server, most containers are bought by the same person. Some even own up to more than 5 or 10 storage containers, which is quite a massive amount, considering the player and container ratio. It does not matter if people are active or inactive, these containers will never be owned by anyone else, so newer people to the server have very little chance of obtaining one. I understand there is an increase in storage containers recently but it does not change the fact that whoever has the money, they could quite literally hoard a lot of storage containers. I feel like there needs to be a taxing system, so that people dont hoard storage containers IF they are not actively using it, so inactivity will result in loss of containers and opens up chances for other active people to use them, similar to how the housing system works. 

The Pros:

Increase the chance for people to own storage containers.

Removes the unused storage containers owned by inactive players

The Cons:

If houses can have the same system, I believe implemeting it for storage containers wont make a lot of difference. 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes ! People would think carefully about hoarding storage containers as you need to pay tax, and also make sure that if they do want to own one, they have to actively pay the tax monthly and dont just keep it to themselves. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree in that there should be some sort of system to get rid of storage containers from inactive players or players who don't log on anymore, however I feel as though some sort of tax system goes against what a storage container is - an off the grid way to store items in an attempt to conceal the items inside from the police and paying tax on it wouldnt make much sense.

But I do +1 the idea to create some kind of activity check when owning storage containers as I'm sure a lot of containers are just left owned but unused.

Down vote for me on this one sorry! - you pay tax on something to the government then this means they know where it is, which defeats the point of them IMO

However I do think there should be a limit on how many a person can own, perhaps 1 or 2 per person.

I also agree that there should be a way to get rid of inactive storage containers from people that don't wake up at all but at the same time i don't think taxing is the way to go about it, like Ed said if something is being taxed it means the government recognizes it which means that its no longer off grid which is the entire purpose of storage containers.

If i was to suggest something, it would be maybe if someone doesn't open the storage container for a set amount of time like 1 month, you get a notification saying it will be resold or something if you don't reuse it within a certain amount of time.

Instead of it being called a tax then why not a "Rental Fee" I mean doesn't really make a difference will still do the same thing.

Someone doesn't pay there Rental Fee then it goes up for auction ..... Time for some storage wars.... YUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!

i dont agree with tax as such but i do agree there should be a system in place so people who are inactive/ banned loose lockers giving others the opportunity to get there hands on one 

Instead of it being called a tax then why not a "Rental Fee" I mean doesn't really make a difference will still do the same thing.

Someone doesn't pay there Rental Fee then it goes up for auction ..... Time for some storage wars.... YUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!
I would love to see this TBH but i doubt this could be easily implemented but if it was it would be funny and also would be even better if people actually got what was inside it when they buy it back from the auction ahahah

ITime for some storage wars.... YUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!
On todays episode of Storage Wars: Los Santos - A battle commences for a special container.

Auctions for storage units would be something I would love to see in the game, but this would make it so the people know who owns the locker unless they are some how made anonymous , so you dont actually know who got the locker at the end 

Rental / Tax same thing still tracibility, however im sure we can think of a good story of a businessman gone bad for the rental charges 😉  may lead to some good RP,  who knows any dodgy businessman ? ( excluding Farther ) 

Limit to one per character. No tax. 

If its unused yes it could be repossessed and sold.

Quality idea about repoing the goods inside too. Lol. 

who knows any dodgy businessman ? 
I know a guy 😏🤣

but for real Abdula has actually already been organising a storage wars thing lol

also +1 on the rental fee idea 

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the rental fee. People are missing out and I know lots of people who either don’t use their lockers or are banned. 

Also it’s more realistic ☺️

Auctions for storage units would be something I would love to see in the game, but this would make it so the people know who owns the locker unless they are some how made anonymous , so you dont actually know who got the locker at the end 
Blind auction. Noone knows anyone's details or bids. 

It'll suck up a good wedge from the economy too. I see that as a win. Or just reset them every 6 months if inactive. That would be a staff job however. 

Could have it though theres an auction room where there's just the weight told and you bid like that or, there's a container down in the docks that G6 have to move all the stuff to and then it's auctions from there.

There's alot smarter people than me who come up with the plans, would be fun though! 

+1 Really should be a system in place where if you have an insane number of storage lockers it become expensive for you fast. However if it is done with payments the storage lockers should still be anonymous, perhaps getting rent payed cash in hand in a private rental agreement between Dodgy Dave and tenants. 

+1 I would suggest to be classed as a ‘Privacy Fee’ or something along those lines and needs to be paid monthly at the laptop where you first see them

Dark Web bitcoin transfer to silk road 😉 or be completely off the grid and stick it in an envelope and lick a stamp. 🙂

Implemented - Storage Container Rental Fee Added

(No Police/government don't see it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back