What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

More Comprehensive Licensing System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponty

nah nothing mate
Brief Summary:

I am suggesting a more comprehensive license system where someones drivers license has sub-licenses with applicable fields on it, working as a tier system where you progress from one type of vehicle to the next instead of jumping from a Boris bike to a big 6 wheeler.

Detailed Suggestion:
Before I begin, the premise of this would be to make the 'Drivers License' the broad term for their license but in order to drive certain vehicles, they will need to acquire the applicable license.
These licenses would be:
CBT - Moped
Drivers License - Car
Motorcycle License - Motorcycles and the Reliant Robin
LGV License - Vans and
HGV License - Lorries and Trucks

This would be that when a new player goes to the city hall to get a drivers license, it issues them an ID card and gives them "Drivers License" on their PNC record.
It will instantly give them a CBT which allows them to drive mopeds, such as the Faggio.
If they wish to drive other vehicles, they need to purchase the applicable licenses with each perhaps incrementing in price to allow for progression so that a Day 1 player isn't ragging it around the streets in a 6 wheeler like they are Steve McQueen.

The Pros:

• Allow for proper progression from being a day 1 player to running big delivery jobs, thus promoting other professions instead of all the players doing the same one.
  • Enable new players a better form of transport available to them as a starting position rather than a Boris Bike or stealing other vehicles

The Cons:

• Could be hard to implement
  • People wouldn't like it being too over complicated

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Potentially, given people will do different jobs as a result

Could have a driving instructor job as well? But like the idea +1

I've seen on a few other RP servers they have an actual driving lesson that has laps and a time limit I think that could go well with this suggestion

It's a really good idea @Ponty. I definitely stand behind and like you outlined it would stop people from going straight into trucking.
Most of the conversations I come across are:

-Person1 "Oi mate, how do I make money?"
-Person2 "Trucking is meta brother, go buy commercial license and go truck."
-Person1 "Yeah np mate."

This would not only encourage people to try out all the available jobs and experience everything the RP has to offer but most importantly not have all the donnies overcrowding the truck depot. I wrote a suggestion the other day regarding changing pay for other working sectors (mainly because of the trucking depot problem) but I see how this could also add to RP experience. Would definitely be a step in the right direction. 

Following up on your idea. There's a bunch of friend groups playing the RP so in a lot of cases, people give each other just enough money to get trucking (acquire the license rent a truck and what not). If there was a time interval added, where players for example acquire their first car driving license; they would have to wait a certain period before picking up a new one, so 12-24 IRL hours before they can upgrade it from driving license > motorcycle license (just a rough idea for time, could be higher could be lower). This for a fact would stop people from trucking on their first day in the city. This all ties up to getting a chance to experience all the other jobs. I don't know if this would discourage people from playing the server but it would make it a little grindier and possibly give them a reason to come back the next day and pick up a new license. 

Personally I think a driving test would work to an extent. New players would complete it and be on the merry way to drive however they want. I don't think majority of people would actually carry on driving like they did in the test.

Overall a strong idea and gets a +1 from me. 

The ability to endorse licences with points (perhaps at a lower threshold to IRL levels) would be good, with totting up over 12 points. I know not a lot of driving offences are enforced but the more serious ones could contribute to losing the licence and thus adds a small cost to get this back.

Reason I say lower threshold is it could be that one incident would amount to 12+ points and perhaps might become a bit frustrating. But say 3-6 points for certain offences (ie dangerous driving, failing to stop for police) would be sufficient to give enough chances.

Really like this idea, Like making it so you cant even enter a truck without a licence because essentially you can't drive it. I like this idea a lot, maybe you have to of held a CBT for 2 days or so before you can apply for a full licence then like 4 days with full for HGV. We see people using a wider variety of transportation rather than just seeing either petrol trucks or toros' driving around. Huge +1 from me.

This has been done as of recent. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back