What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

More PC Problems :(

Rossss

The Flying Scotsman
More pc problems ?

Every so often my pc screen completely freezes,I hear a fan spool up then it works perfectly again. This happens over around 1-2 seconds. Initially I thought this was my GPU but then when I heard the fan a few times it really sounds like my power supply, but i'm not 100% sure. So I was thinking and I think I remember seeing something about the fan on the power supply turning off when not "needed". So while I hunt for the box I was wondering what you think it could be, and could there be a way to disable the setting? 

GPU: GTX 970

PSU: Corsair CS750M

Many thanks ?

I would suggest running your case open for a sort while just to be sure then every 5 min or so peer in and look around at fan speed.

If it was in the BIOS the setting was more likely for system fans, and that setting itself is not an issue, unless the power spike is causing the freezes.

More pc problems 
1f61f.png

Every so often my pc screen completely freezes,I hear a fan spool up then it works perfectly again. This happens over around 1-2 seconds. Initially I thought this was my GPU but then when I heard the fan a few times it really sounds like my power supply, but i'm not 100% sure. So I was thinking and I think I remember seeing something about the fan on the power supply turning off when not "needed". So while I hunt for the box I was wondering what you think it could be, and could there be a way to disable the setting? 

GPU: GTX 970

PSU: Corsair CS750M

Many thanks 
1f600.png
More likely to be CPU or system fans.

PC freezes - high CPU load - CPU temp spikes from working overtime - CPU/system fan spools up faster. Download Speccy and monitor the temp or your cpu as it happens.

More likely to be CPU or system fans.

PC freezes - high CPU load - CPU temp spikes from working overtime - CPU/system fan spools up faster. Download Speccy and monitor the temp or your cpu as it happens.
I have speccy but never thought of that, thanks ?

merged

direct

These are the temps from idling at Tanoa airport, usually varying up the way rather than down. I'll try to grab some temps from when it freezes up, and i'll put my settings way up and see if that causes it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have speccy but never thought of that, thanks 
1f600.png

merged

direct

These are the temps from idling at Tanoa airport, usually varying up the way rather than down. I'll try to grab some temps from when it freezes up, and i'll put my settings way up and see if that causes it 
1f642.png
60C is a bit on the hot side mate, you might find those freezes are it spiking and throttling.

What sort of cooler do you have? Have you removed it or refitted it recently?

60C is a bit on the hot side mate, you might find those freezes are it spiking and throttling.

What sort of cooler do you have? Have you removed it or refitted it recently?
Stock unfortunately, I plan on getting a new one soon... 

Stock unfortunately, I plan on getting a new one soon... 
There's something else not right then, it shouldn;t be pumping out 60C, even on stock. How warm is the room you're in? considering the rest of the temps look more or less 'normal' for a running machine, i'd hazard a guess the thermal paste on your cooler has broken down, or the cooler isn't making a good contact.

Do you have any paste and you can easily re-apply it? Or even induce some colder air to the system.

edit: just realised you said that's it idling in-game. i'd say under load it must be reaching a higher temp and your cooler cant cope.

edit: just realised you said that's it idling in-game. i'd say under load it must be reaching a higher temp and your cooler cant cope.
Very true. It probably needs new thermal paste as it has been there for ages. It hasn't happened today so i'll monitor it for a while and see what happens.

"idling" in game ... Not really true for the cpu mind you, it never really idles when its in a game, its just not under heavy load.  

CPU usage & Idling are two separate states, I would expect 60 from a processor with stock cooler in a bog standard setup with little cable management & potentially faulty case fans, although I agree it is too hot. 

So not a heat issue i guess ... @Zeitowhatdya think ?

Does it happen every time you hear a fan kick back into action ?

sorry ive been drunk for the past fwe days, im not giving good advice ithht now

Back