What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

More than one fishing store/boat car park location

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM-4

Brief Summary:

More than one fishing store/boat car park location 

Detailed Suggestion:

At the moment there's only one fishing store on the left side of the map, and the shop owner has all the power since his store is the only one selling fishing goods. I think it would be a good idea to add competitors by adding more spots around the map so the prices stay fair. Also, due to there only being one fishing store/boat car park location on the map, the place gets filled up like crazy and cars fall off the cliff and blow up, and boats pile up as well (why people just leave their boat at the parking spot where you press E blocking it off and making it a pain to park your boat is beyond me). Please add like 2-3 around the map so there's variety and the people will spread out more. I know there's more boat car parks around the map but we need the fish shop near them to make them more usable. 

The Pros:

Better prices all around

QOL

Server performance increase as that one fish store won't be rammed with 50 cars/boats/people 

More RP around the map instead of all clumped in to one place

The Cons:

Time to put them in?

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes, but in a good way.

EDIT: I have edited this post as the store owner has come out and given his POV and I have slightly changed my judgement but still think more stores/boat parks should be added. Also, the argument that '£5000 for a rod isn't much as you'll make it back in one run' is an invalid argument as not all of us are only fishing for fish, some of us are fishing for sharks, and we all know rods break. You need to take like 6-8 just in case, that means I'd have to spend around £40,000 per run, that's crazy to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope you are aware that there's a limited amount of everything in shops atm
the owner(@Colin Forester) of the boat and fishing shop have talked about this already hence the pricing
more shops sure, doubt it would change anything though

Might as well add NPC stores back in and remove player warehouses + players having to deliver items to stores for 2.5k. Like who in their right mind would drive a truck from south of the map all the way up to the fishing store to resupply it for 2.5k ?

Im not selling at 10k a rod, currently 5k a rod, 500 for turtle bait and 250 for fishing bait. per boat you make between 40-50k in fish and u dont want to buy a rod for 5k?.

I've been working with mr white and business leaders to try and balance the current economy. currently as fishing pays so much i ned to price things accordingly. I am trying to be fair with prices and i am doing my best with my staff at this current time. 

If i was "abusing it" i would set it to 20-50k a rod but Im not m8. 

And as well i pay 10k extra to trcukers to do my runs as an extra incentive as as the person above has stated not worth doing that kind of trip just for 2.5k

at the end of the day its a business.

i appreciate your view on things though pal and will take it into consideration 

all the best

Collin Forester

In basic we are balancing the economy out . we dont wanna have everybody fishing .. also other jobs need to be done .. we as owners we dont care about the money .. what we care about is every shop and buissnes is having or trying to run it as good as posible .. basicly  if i read your comments .. the only thing i actualy read .. is     I`m lazy and dont wanna work for my money .. and oh yeah ..am moneyhungery to ! same thing you see when a dealership sells new cars .. almost no body cares about the looks ...only about the topspeed .. i am far from scared to piss somebody off with my words aslong its true and on in a respectfull way .. you guys just wanna make easy money as fast as posible .. then there is the fact nicolai mentiond ... we have limited stock .. we are very bizzy with finding a way to spread it out the right way .. and other wise feel free to go to a city where the give you everything you want .This city is uniek and diffrent from all other cities and and thats why its so populair .. so get of your lazy ass and spend some money to make some money

I agree with there being more than one store and more places to dock up your boat after you are done as yes this will add to move fun for the owners as they have to work together or not to make it work, a bit of competition is always good, I don’t think there is another shop in the city that there is only one of them so I think it would help. But that being said prices where always going to go up when they got owned by players it just the way it works, 5k for a rod is not a lot with that you are making out of it, same as 90k for a truck wasn’t a lot when you was making 25k a run trucking

The owner is not abusing his power over fishing at all. Try speaking to him hes there 24/7 and he will explain whats happening. Stock is limited like very limited and its out of his control. So when it first started people were snatching everything up and there was none left for anyone else. Pricing things higher stops that from happening. I dont think we need another fishing store but some small tweaks to the current one like doors to be removed, outside tables and chairs to be removed, atm machine, actual parking that despawns your car so they dont get pushed into the ocean, concrete barriers at the end of parking, maybe splitting up the buy and sell locations inside the store as myself personally feel there to cose and can be a pain to get to either or. But this is all minor tweaks to make it better but try speaking to the owner he will literally tell you how it is and has also posted multiple times regrading fishing stock. 

This post is now wildly outdated in terms of prices, rods are now 1,500 which is wlot more reasonable.

As I've explained before it was a stock issue, the more readily available and obtainable stock is the cheaper the price will be which is the basics of supply and demand which is how business's work.

Turtle bait is 1000 a piece so you are making 3,500 profit a piece which is more than reasonable and fish bait is 500 a piece where you catch an average of around 10 fish before you use up the bait making a 2000 profit.

People don't understand you don't have to fish for sharks as it is at your own risk. 

You know that it is a rare chance and the rod will most likely break. You have to make a conscious decision weather you are going to play it smart and sell the turtles for guaranteed profit or try and risk it for a higher reward.

I am happy for there to be competition in fish stores but they will most likely have same prices or even higher so I don't seem where you are comming from.

You also have to consider server economy balancing. Everyone knows fishing is the best way to make money currently.

If turtle bait and rods were super cheap people would catch sharks all day long at 20k a piece. This would then make everyone stupid amounts of money and cause the average player bank balance to rise drastically which will have a knock on effect of hyper inflation of car prices etc.

Most people don't see the bigger picture only the short term.

Im usually managing my store on a daily basis, next time you see me down there come and have a chat as most people understand after I explain it to them.

This post is now wildly outdated in terms of prices, rods are now 1,500 which is wlot more reasonable.

As I've explained before it was a stock issue, the more readily available and obtainable stock is the cheaper the price will be which is the basics of supply and demand which is how business's work.

Turtle bait is 1000 a piece so you are making 3,500 profit a piece which is more than reasonable and fish bait is 500 a piece where you catch an average of around 10 fish before you use up the bait making a 2000 profit.

People don't understand you don't have to fish for sharks as it is at your own risk. 

You know that it is a rare chance and the rod will most likely break. You have to make a conscious decision weather you are going to play it smart and sell the turtles for guaranteed profit or try and risk it for a higher reward.

I am happy for there to be competition in fish stores but they will most likely have same prices or even higher so I don't seem where you are comming from.

You also have to consider server economy balancing. Everyone knows fishing is the best way to make money currently.

If turtle bait and rods were super cheap people would catch sharks all day long at 20k a piece. This would then make everyone stupid amounts of money and cause the average player bank balance to rise drastically which will have a knock on effect of hyper inflation of car prices etc.

Most people don't see the bigger picture only the short term.

Im usually managing my store on a daily basis, next time you see me down there come and have a chat as most people understand after I explain it to them.
I changed the original post after seeing your first reply to the post as I had a change of judgement, and I agree what you are saying in this reply, however I still think it would hugely benefit the server if we had more fishing stores as the current one gets RAMMED to the BRIM with trucks and large vehicles, and that hill above the store is just far too janky, cars flying everywhere, too many bushes so people are easily pick-locking vehicles while hiding in a bush, people only fishing on the shores that are on the left side of the map as that's where the fishing store is, however I have found some spots on the right side of the map that allow you to fish on land, but what's the point when the trip to the current and only fishing store is over 5 miles. 

Fishing is the most popular job on the server right now, so it needs variety and different options.

I changed the original post after seeing your first reply to the post as I had a change of judgement, and I agree what you are saying in this reply, however I still think it would hugely benefit the server if we had more fishing stores as the current one gets RAMMED to the BRIM with trucks and large vehicles, and that hill above the store is just far too janky, cars flying everywhere, too many bushes so people are easily pick-locking vehicles while hiding in a bush, people only fishing on the shores that are on the left side of the map as that's where the fishing store is, however I have found some spots on the right side of the map that allow you to fish on land, but what's the point when the trip to the current and only fishing store is over 5 miles. 

Fishing is the most popular job on the server right now, so it needs variety and different options.
All I can say is I know there are some big changes comming 👀

What i can say is the following things have already been put forward to the council:

. Atm : to store and retrieve money on site 

. Public car park: located at the top of the hill to stop all the cars being left there and subsequently rammed into the ocean

.fuel pump: located on the docks to be able to refill boats instead oh having to go to paleto for a Jerry can 

.fix the demon doors: not much to say about that one as we all know the doors have a mind of thier own.

You need to give it some time for change as these things don't just happen overnight. But be assured I am working with the council and the government to try and get fishing ro where it needs to be.

Also take a look at this post I've suggested which im my opinion will solve most if these issues tou have stated.

Fishing spots are dynamic. There are 3 parking opportunities for boats that is enough for now.

Fishing shop have changed owners and could have more sense to it.
Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back