What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Motorcycles need a little bit of love

Stumpy - Nick Sharp

At this moment motorcycles are in an odd spot. After the rework a few months back they lost a lot of their charm.

But they are lacking what they are, high speed death machines! As a Lost member, all I do is ride around on motorcycles daily. Since the rework. they lost a lot of that fear factor and enjoyment of riding them. The speed, fuel tank and acceleration was nerfed a tad too much. Losing what made them fun in the first place. The risk.

Now, I am not saying buff every single one. A majority of their speeds are somewhat in a good spot for the server balance. But their acceleration needs to be worked on. Bikes are made to be quick (to reach their top speeds fast). And dangerous, a crash at high speed are fatal. 

So my suggestion:

Fix Motorcycles acceleration at their lower speeds 0-60 mph.

Sport bikes should be fast death machines. And act like paper if they are hit. Its the risk you take going fast.

Cruisers are in an okay spot. Maybe a 5%-10% change on their acceleration.

Off-road bikes should have better grip off-road, with a tad faster acceleration 5%.  

To balance the current, "sell drugs on a bike meta". Keep them stationary for longer. Increase the timer on the deal while on a bike.  (gives cops a better chance at closing the distance).

Positives

A much needed balance.
The Motorcycles scene gets some love and attention. 

Negative

Will require dev work
Police might get annoyed with people using bikes to get away from them more often.
Will see more people in the hospital from motorcycles injuries ( aka me falling off my bike more).

Let me know what you think, the good, the bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a police point of view I would give the speed part of this suggestion a +1 if it weren’t for bikes being used to sell drugs. Increasing the timer for bikes whilst selling drugs would just make things worse as it would incenticise police to tackle or taser immediately (which will cause obvious problems) due to bikes which are most commonly used to sell on being impossible to catch. As things are now in my experience most police vehicles have almost no chance catching bikes (police bikes have a higher chance however still not a large one), if they get faster it’ll just get even slimmer. So the speed part of this suggestion is a -1 from me.

However, the part where if you fall of your bike you take not enough damage I strongly agree with so if you make another suggestion with just that i’d give a big +1. The amount of times I have fallen off bikes at speeds which I should be badly injured but barely have a scratch is insane. Just leaving this here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back