What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Move the racing app to your phone

L1L

I've been meaning to make this suggestion for a while now, i believe the racing scene needs to be more accessible and open to more people.
Its also abit to much of a hassle and expensive in my opinion to need a laptop along with the USBs. Its my opinion that instead of spending money on sticks for every race it should be placed into a winner's pot for every race, my hope is that this will be more enticing for racers.

One of the biggest challenges organizers face is getting the word out for people to join in, you cant use tweedle due to the illigal nature of the event and group chats only allow a small group to be involved (untill its infiltrated). By moving the app to the phone people will be able to quickly check in and join any ongoing races.

in short my suggestion is this:
Make the USB R unlock the app on your phone, this would be a one time use and once its installed you may attend/host as many races you want. This would mean that the usb stick itself isnt made redunant and there will still be RP to be had in terms of joining the racing scene.

USB-Cs would still require a laptop however since I feel it makes sense when you're creating a new track.

+1

Maybe you can have it where if your caught racing by police they can remove the app from your phone as part of the RP punishment. So it keeps the risk factor involved like when they take the laptops away from you. 

I don't think it should be on the phone but i do think it should be more accessible.
I think maybe have it so anyone with racing usb can create a race and also maybe like a notification when races are being held.

I don't think it should be on the phone but i do think it should be more accessible.
I think maybe have it so anyone with racing usb can create a race and also maybe like a notification when races are being held.
This is a good idea - anyone carrying a laptop + racing USB gets a notification when a public race comes up. Although Police could then easily target racers. 

What we need in the racing scene is to be able to put tracks onto a public list for everyone to use. I have been asked a lot to share my tracks which i do but only have 3 people  per track as an organiser is rather tough when so many want to race it and myself or the other 3 are not around. If we could get the top 5 race track makers to sit down with a dev and say which 10 - 20 tracks should be added to a public list would be great.

What we can have is a new rule for racing to have the public list which the races cant be private so everyone knows where the starting line is but with cops they cant just rush in and bust up the race. They need to watch and see who is the organiser is, they will be collecting the cash, then find their car and then when the race starts enter it and chase them down. They could put undercover cops in the race so when the race ends the cops can swoop in and try and arrest the organiser. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, even if we could send out a ping that a race is happening you wouldnt see it because people dont run around with laptops on them. They're about 50k to purchase and definetly something people dont want to loose. Races should be something that can happen spontaneously and not once in a blue moon when the people with the network to reach alot of people have the time and energy to host one.  

I cant help but feel like its a shame due to all the work that went into the racing stuff for it to be used so little, its likely that if you're arranging a race you will have to source all the laptops and USBs for people who attend. Now adays if you want to host a race youre either spending the money to buy all the items needed or you're crafting them which is a lot of effort before you're even in a car, and its all at the cost of who's organizing.

isnt this what group chats are for on the phone ? like send out a message, gives people time to grab the laptop and such, and then get ready, i can only asume moving it to the phone then the laptop becomes useless, unless the laptop had other things like internet browser then it would be obsolete?

unless you could have a extra option in the customisation, like the tracker have a racing pc added to the car, so when in the car hold CAPS thne interactions - Racing, pops open like the tablet used to then go from there ?

Back