What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

MRAP shouldn't be as powerful as it is and should be nerfed

Macca

Unlinked
From what I've been seeing these past couple of days/weeks whenever MRAP is involved in a gang fight it seems to be complained about a lot, now I've only just seen how bad MRAP actually is for myself today and I was astonished, there is only one way to describe it and that is a 'god mode vehicle for the police' now i know this suggestion will have its ups and downs from people some will agree and some will disagree but i believe MRAP should be nerfed, not completely nerfed but nerfed, i feel like it should have the features of a Rumpo custom or an armoured XLS where after a certain amount of damage is sustained it should break IE; the windows and the wheels. i feel like the tires on the MRAP are a joke they are completely bullet proof and are unbreakable and its stupid and the same goes for the windows 

I feel like the police abuse the MRAP for the complete wrong reasons they use it as a way to ruin a fight to just ram and destroy people and vehicle and its not fun for the parties who are on the opposing end of this. as seen in the clip below MRAP is used for all the wrong reasons, its a vehicle that is used to disperse a group of people not to cause more mayhem.

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1g7WfxIQvYj4vc/d1337Zo77tvV?invite=cr-MSxwNXMsMzA4NDM2MzUs

now the main point of this suggestion is to nerf it make it where you can break the windows after a certain amount of damage is sustained and same goes for the tires on the MRAP

+1 

it is meant to be strong we all know that but there should be some sort of way to win against it but as of right now it is the most broken thing on the server 

whenever we have some sort of RP where the police have to bring it out it just ruins the whole roleplay for the crims as it is just not fun or enjoyable to be against

in my opinion i feel like you should be able to shoot through the windows after like 3 sawn off shells and 1 mag of an uzi or some sort of weapon like that. This makes it still strong yet still fun to fight against if needed

+1 I understand police do need to be balanced with gangs, but the MRAP is just a device for police to ram and shoot whilst you can hear them laughing due to them being near invisible. 

Massive +1,

As you can see in the clip I was trying to pick up people downed and get out of the situation the MRAP continued to ram people and make that overall area quite "aids".

Suggestion to mitigate the apparent problems here;

Maybe begin to leave a shootout as a large number of police arrive?
Maybe start smaller shootouts, so that you don't get the large response we provide to these 25vs25 car shootouts?

Maybe cut your losses, and stop repeatedly coming back and making silly attempts to rescue your friends?

-1 in my opinion.

Maybe begin to leave a shootout as a large number of police arrive?
Maybe start smaller shootouts, so that you don't get the large response we provide to these 25vs25 car shootouts?
In the past we have tried to leave but police usually follow us for some reason which sometimes leaves us with no choice but to shoot to attempt to escape 

u say "start smaller shootouts" but i have had it many times where MRAP has been pulled out when there is only around 5 of us? 

i have also had it where police are laughing while ramming into 10-15 gang members? this is not very realistic is it 

Last edited by a moderator:
MRAP should be extremely hard to counter - no one will argue with this, the problem here actually lies with how stupidly strong it is - it's Vault-Tec on wheels.

Just been sat in the back of a car watching an MRAP run over his own colleague, whilst battering everything in sight. Highly unrealistic.

+1

police usually follow us
I wonder why...

say "start smaller shootouts" but i have had it many times where MRAP has been pulled out when there is only around 5 of us? 
I'll push you to take a read of G5.6. Maybe 3 shootouts a day might cause you guys to face higher scrutiny from police.

i have also had it where police are laughing while ramming into 10-15 gang members? this is not very realistic is it 
Doesn't seem like a problem with the vehicle, don't think we should nerf a vehicle based on what someone has said within it 🙂 

I really enjoyed tonight when one cop surrounded by around 5-7 Coalition cars just ramming everything in sight, even killing multiple uninvolved people because he knew with absolute certainty he is untouchable in that thing and cannot be killed. Its borderline NVL/Powergaming surely.

It should be strong, but not invulnerable. 

+1

It should be brought out less and more as a last resort, not just for every situation, but I personally think it's fine as it is. 

The MRAP is disgustingly overpowered , anyone who disagrees is braindead. you have 10-15 men surrounding it and the people inside the MRAP just laughing and ramming people, shooting out the backdoor.

Abusing the MRAPs bullet proof features to stay around a entire gang on its own is borderline power gaming and NVL. 

Shocking RP from police who drive it. 

Massive +1

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1eePwe2jn9bmei/d1337izauZJD?invite=cr-MSx4d0gsODUwMzM4NDgs 

This is just one interaction between ourselves and the MRAP , as you can see , the MRAP is completely solo, out numbered, out gunned, and instead of retreating and waiting for backup , they decide to stay , ram us and laugh at us. 

I wonder why...

I'll push you to take a read of G5.6. Maybe 3 shootouts a day might cause you guys to face higher scrutiny from police.

Doesn't seem like a problem with the vehicle, don't think we should nerf a vehicle based on what someone has said within it 🙂 
I assume your a police main by the way your majorly defending it from a police POV, here's a question for you though have you faced the MRAP as a gang member, do you know what's its like for a gang member to have to face the indestructible scrap of metal ?, because from your responses to others I don't think your getting the point of this suggestion at all 

I dont want this to be Arma 3. You arr gangs, not rebels and I want to be able walk 5 feet without getting shot cause gangs are in a bad mood. I've seen it get so bad all none AFO cops stopped playing altogether and some left and never returned. Nerfing police ain't gonna help. Police are fine as they are. Now I agree MRAP should not be deployed for sake of one bullet but if there's a 20 vs 20 deathmatch going on then you need stopping cause frankly your "wars" do get so bad that it affects people who don't wanna get involved ie non AFO cops, Fire and NHS players

This is my opinion and does not reflect that of Police Command

I’m not sure why there is kind of hatred between cops and crim, because without one another there wouldn’t be a server.

Wouldn’t everyone like it to be fair and fun?

Maccas suggestion isn’t to remove your precious brick cube on wheels, it’s simply to nerf it. You can ram a wall 50,000 times and it’ll never break down, you can shoot 10,000 rounds at the windows and they’ll never break.

What do crims have at their disposal to counter it?

Amoured XLS/Rumpo Custom/Speedo Custom

- Insta scrap if they shoot out of it

- Windows aren’t bulletproof, but bullet resistant.

- Ram one car, engines fucked.

- 10Mil+ ?

Ask yourself, if cops keep bullying crims off the server with the most brutal and over the top tactics every single fight to bring out the cube on wheels. Sure, you’ve done your job as an LSPS officer but there won’t be any crims for you to police, won’t be anyone to police except pillbox baldies which you’ll get sick and tired of, as we’ve all seen the “Staff people loitering at MRPD”.

This mentality of “It’s us vs them” needs to stop for the better, and that’s towards the crim mains as well.

Stop trying to “one up” one another, and just play the game. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Surely, you would get bored if you won all the time?

I’m not sure why there is kind of hatred between cops and crim, because without one another there wouldn’t be a server.

Wouldn’t everyone like it to be fair and fun?

Maccas suggestion isn’t to remove your precious brick cube on wheels, it’s simply to nerf it. You can ram a wall 50,000 times and it’ll never break down, you can shoot 10,000 rounds at the windows and they’ll never break.

What do crims have at their disposal to counter it?

Amoured XLS/Rumpo Custom/Speedo Custom

- Insta scrap if they shoot out of it

- Windows aren’t bulletproof, but bullet resistant.

- Ram one car, engines fucked.

- 10Mil+ ?

Ask yourself, if cops keep bullying crims off the server with the most brutal and over the top tactics every single fight to bring out the cube on wheels. Sure, you’ve done your job as an LSPS officer but there won’t be any crims for you to police, won’t be anyone to police except pillbox baldies which you’ll get sick and tired of, as we’ve all seen the “Staff people loitering at MRPD”.

This mentality of “It’s us vs them” needs to stop for the better, and that’s towards the crim mains as well.

Stop trying to “one up” one another, and just play the game. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Surely, you would get bored if you won all the time?
And that ladies and gentlemen is why Liam is the goat 

• PagChomp
Reactions: Cal
Back