What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

MRAP shouldn't be as powerful as it is and should be nerfed

Macca

Unlinked
From what I've been seeing these past couple of days/weeks whenever MRAP is involved in a gang fight it seems to be complained about a lot, now I've only just seen how bad MRAP actually is for myself today and I was astonished, there is only one way to describe it and that is a 'god mode vehicle for the police' now i know this suggestion will have its ups and downs from people some will agree and some will disagree but i believe MRAP should be nerfed, not completely nerfed but nerfed, i feel like it should have the features of a Rumpo custom or an armoured XLS where after a certain amount of damage is sustained it should break IE; the windows and the wheels. i feel like the tires on the MRAP are a joke they are completely bullet proof and are unbreakable and its stupid and the same goes for the windows 

I feel like the police abuse the MRAP for the complete wrong reasons they use it as a way to ruin a fight to just ram and destroy people and vehicle and its not fun for the parties who are on the opposing end of this. as seen in the clip below MRAP is used for all the wrong reasons, its a vehicle that is used to disperse a group of people not to cause more mayhem.

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1g7WfxIQvYj4vc/d1337Zo77tvV?invite=cr-MSxwNXMsMzA4NDM2MzUs

now the main point of this suggestion is to nerf it make it where you can break the windows after a certain amount of damage is sustained and same goes for the tires on the MRAP

Doesn't seem like a problem with the vehicle, don't think we should nerf a vehicle based on what someone has said within it 🙂 
just this whole sentence here shows a bias and shows how a police main hasn't experienced it from a crims side, you say 'doesn't seem like a problem with the vehicle' like Liam stated above you can ram this vehicle into a wall a million times you can crash into someone a million times and it doesn't break, I'm gonna put this key word into bold here and I'm gonna put it into a huge font for you to read its INDESTRUCTIBLE 

How do you think a crim feels having to face a square box every time they shoot a bullet at another gang and the MRAP is pulled out straight away as a measure of 'Keeping the peace', you seen in the clip i provided it was used for more than that it was used as a weapon and a battering ram and its stupid af

i would like to see you try and stop a 15 tone piece of metal that has titanium tires and bullet resistant windows and lets see what your reaction would be to it because i can guarantee it would be the same as most peoples here 

now the point I'm getting at is to not nerf it completely to the point where its useless, yes it should still be armoured and yes should have bullet proof tires but i feel like it should be like a armoured XLS or Rumpo Custom where after a certain amount of bullets it starts to break and eventually its disabled completely, it would make so much more sense to have it that way than to have it as a indestructible war machine on steroids 

Give your head a good wobble mate and see it from both sides and not just one 

Last edited by a moderator:
just this whole sentence here shows a bias and shows how a police main hasn't experienced it from a crims side, you say 'doesn't seem like a problem with the vehicle' like Liam stated above you can ram this vehicle into a wall a million times you can crash into someone a million times and it doesn't break, I'm gonna put this key word into bold here and I'm gonna put it into a huge font for you to read its INDESTRUCTIBLE 

How do you think a crim feels having to face a square box every time they shoot a bullet at another gang and the MRAP is pulled out straight away as a measure of 'Keeping the peace', you seen in the clip i provided it was used for more than that it was used as a weapon and a battering ram and its stupid af

i would like to see you try and stop a 15 tone piece of metal that has titanium tires and bullet resistant windows and lets see what your reaction would be to it because i can guarantee it would be the same as most peoples here 

now the point I'm getting at is to not nerf it completely to the point where its useless, yes it should still be armoured and yes should have bullet proof tires but i feel like it should be like a armoured XLS or Rumpo Custom where after a certain amount of bullets it starts to break and eventually its disabled completely, it would make so much more sense to have it that way than to have it as a indestructible war machine on steroids 

Give your head a good wobble mate and see it from both sides and not just one 
Each gangs gets a free MRAP so feds know how it feels? 

I’m not sure why there is kind of hatred between cops and crim, because without one another there wouldn’t be a server.

Wouldn’t everyone like it to be fair and fun?

Maccas suggestion isn’t to remove your precious brick cube on wheels, it’s simply to nerf it. You can ram a wall 50,000 times and it’ll never break down, you can shoot 10,000 rounds at the windows and they’ll never break.

What do crims have at their disposal to counter it?

Amoured XLS/Rumpo Custom/Speedo Custom

- Insta scrap if they shoot out of it

- Windows aren’t bulletproof, but bullet resistant.

- Ram one car, engines fucked.

- 10Mil+ ?

Ask yourself, if cops keep bullying crims off the server with the most brutal and over the top tactics every single fight to bring out the cube on wheels. Sure, you’ve done your job as an LSPS officer but there won’t be any crims for you to police, won’t be anyone to police except pillbox baldies which you’ll get sick and tired of, as we’ve all seen the “Staff people loitering at MRPD”.

This mentality of “It’s us vs them” needs to stop for the better, and that’s towards the crim mains as well.

Stop trying to “one up” one another, and just play the game. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Surely, you would get bored if you won all the time?
This is exactly right, couldn’t have said it better if I tried. 

Sure, use the MRAP to ram cars when people are shooting from them, I get that but as people said it shouldn’t be indestructible. 

I’ll say +1, but I don’t think it should be nerfed too far. Say the same type of thing as a Speedo custom. I think they can withstand 15-20 bullets? 

I’ll say +1, but I don’t think it should be nerfed too far. Say the same type of thing as a Speedo custom. I think they can withstand 15-20 bullets? 
Tbf should be more than that, I reckon at least 2/3 (60-90 bullets) mags of an SMG/AR (if it goes off of bullet type rather than amount)

+1 I fully understand the reason for the MRAP however with how indestructible it is currently is causing some ridiculous behaviour by people who drive it. 

I don't think it should be nerfed into the ground but as suggested make some sort of way for it to break down after some time, it shouldn't be the same as a rumpo or speedo it should be alot stronger however it shouldn't be invincible. 

I also think officers who use it need to have some stricter rules on using it, I've seen it multiple times constantly ram cars so they flip multiple times, constantly run people over who are on foot.

In short, make the MRAP not be indestructible but extremely difficult to damage/stop. But make it possible to do so.

I dont want this to be Arma 3. You arr gangs, not rebels and I want to be able walk 5 feet without getting shot cause gangs are in a bad mood. I've seen it get so bad all none AFO cops stopped playing altogether and some left and never returned. Nerfing police ain't gonna help. Police are fine as they are. Now I agree MRAP should not be deployed for sake of one bullet but if there's a 20 vs 20 deathmatch going on then you need stopping cause frankly your "wars" do get so bad that it affects people who don't wanna get involved ie non AFO cops, Fire and NHS players

This is my opinion and does not reflect that of Police Command
+1 to this, gangs want the easy way in this server and get a win over police or just normal civs and it makes RP terrible for us who are in legal jobs and who are there just purely for RP and to enjoy themselves. not to get caught out by crims and get shit RP from them.

The MRAP i think should stay the way it is as it is built for these sorts of occasions of 20v20 because gangs want to war up to multiple times a night to the point where it gets stupid because gangs don't get the win over by people who just got the L given to them. 

+1 to this, gangs want the easy way in this server and get a win over police or just normal civs and it makes RP terrible for us who are in legal jobs and who are there just purely for RP and to enjoy themselves. not to get caught out by crims and get shit RP from them.

The MRAP i think should stay the way it is as it is built for these sorts of occasions of 20v20 because gangs want to war up to multiple times a night to the point where it gets stupid because gangs don't get the win over by people who just got the L given to them. 
You should join a gang and actually get some knowledge and experience before commenting on something you have no insight on.

+1 I fully understand the reason for the MRAP however with how indestructible it is currently is causing some ridiculous behaviour by people who drive it. 

I don't think it should be nerfed into the ground but as suggested make some sort of way for it to break down after some time, it shouldn't be the same as a rumpo or speedo it should be alot stronger however it shouldn't be invincible. 

I also think officers who use it need to have some stricter rules on using it, I've seen it multiple times constantly ram cars so they flip multiple times, constantly run people over who are on foot.

In short, make the MRAP not be indestructible but extremely difficult to damage/stop. But make it possible to do so.
Basically what this man said +1

Last edited by a moderator:
If jesters and all other armored cars would be removed too then sure just get rid of the MRAP but as long as this rocket league daily war scale shootouts continue there is no chance

Stop turning the city into a war zone and there won't be a need for an MRAP continue doing what you re doing and chances are you gonna start seeing multiple MRAPs at the same time in the future 

If jesters and all other armored cars would be removed too then sure just get rid of the MRAP but as long as this rocket league daily war scale shootouts continue there is no chance
The suggestion isn't to remove the MRAP, its to alter it to be a bit more balanced.

Stop turning the city into a war zone and there won't be a need for an MRAP continue doing what you re doing and chances are you gonna start seeing multiple MRAPs at the same time in the future 
What will firearms do then?

It's not that we want it easier, it's that we want the playing field to be balanced so it could go either way rather than it being a one way street. Once the MRAP is out everything goes to shit and those inside it always do stupid shit simply because they know its invincible. I've heard officers laughing whilst ramming cars into walls repeatedly, heard them shouting calling people pussies for running out the way of it. Just because you have an armoured car doesn't mean you should just be running people over simply because you know you can't be taken out of it.

Imagine we could still shoot out the back of armoured cars and I reversed up to you in a jester/zentorno/autarch ect and sprayed you with an uzi whilst you're on foot or in a standard squad car and you had no way of combating that. How would you feel? If I had to guess youd not enjoy it and probably make a suggestion on the forums regarding bullet proof back cars and shooting backwards. 

When armed police turn up to these shootouts the crims don’t give a shit that the police are there because they know we can’t engage unless we are shot at! And the fact I’ve seen many replies stating how unrealistic it is with the MRAP what’s also unrealistic is gang members running/walking past police cars with shotguns and pistols in hand pretty much ignoring the fact we are even there. Then we use the one tool that helps us disperse and stop you guys you don’t like it!

-1 for me 

• Facepalm
Reactions: Cal
+1 Is used far to frequently for how op it is in its current state should be able to breakdown like other vehicles and also eventually after a large amount of shots have windows break imo.

Serious question for you - what are Firearms Police mains going to do if people do stop having shootouts? 

Would you rather every time you show up to a shots fired dispatch there’s nobody there? There’s nobody left at the scene to roleplay with? Or would you just rather the dispatches aren’t coming in at all? 

People really need to remember that the server needs Police and Crims… without both the server doesn’t work. 

“Continue doing what you’re doing”… people are playing their characters on GTA, sometimes maybe a little extreme, but Police have plenty of tools to deal with it. I think it was @Bmavthat said it, without crims Police won’t have anything to do. You’ll end up with Firearms cops doing traffic stops on people in Tornados more than they attend firearms incidents. 

You should join a gang and actually get some knowledge and experience before commenting on something you have no insight on.

Basically what this man said +1
I don't want to join a gang. I want to RP as Police, NHS and Fire without a barrage bullets going past and potentially get shot myself. Want a gang fight? Go Cayo Perico

Maybe begin to leave a shootout as a large number of police arrive.
You say this but yesterday I was watching 1 MRAP ram into 5 coa all on its own If us crims leave the arena due to the police out numbering them surely the MRAP should've done the same as it was outnumbered.

+1 to this, gangs want the easy way in this server and get a win over police
Now think of this from a crim pov, you have spent weeks with another gang building tension, it fully erupts into a war. You have one fight against the gang and then there is a god mode vehicle driving around , ramming you into a wall while laughing at you , breaking your car for either police to shoot you or for you to try and repair for the MRAP to run you over on purpose while laughing. it’s a joke. It’s not about crims wanting a win, it’s about police not having a god mode square they abuse because they can.

Serious question for you - what are Firearms Police mains going to do if people do stop having shootouts? 
You’re missing the point here , it’s not about the police’s reactions to fights , it’s how the MRAP is being used. Last night coalition had about 9-11 cars surrounding MRAP and because it is literally god mode , the guy just sat still in the middle of the road and anytime a coa got close he would try and battering ram so they couldn’t save there downed boys. 

police should show up to fights , police should intervene when it’s deemed to do so, but they shouldn’t have access to a full god mode vehicle to ram people’s car in , laugh at the people they’re ramming.

The question is more is it necessary to disable a tank, if it escalated already to bring a tank out. Rather review the deployment strategy, that's the point where we can ask ourselves what scenario the city resembles and why it's brought out more often than one year ago. Essentially there is already the situation that you can wipe the law enforcement in the city, which is pretty unrealistic itself, since the escalation chain IRL would be the military. 

I understand @Liampoint that there is a balance, but to remind you that it's not a team shooter where everyone should start with the same criteria, because in the end the top scorer wins. 

Barry Greenhalgh always says play stupid games win stupid prices. 

Play smarter. 

I'm aware that this will produce a lot of facepalm and what not. I'm just trying to nudge you in different mode of thinking. Don't change the player, change the game. 

Back