What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

MRAP shouldn't be as powerful as it is and should be nerfed

Macca

Unlinked
From what I've been seeing these past couple of days/weeks whenever MRAP is involved in a gang fight it seems to be complained about a lot, now I've only just seen how bad MRAP actually is for myself today and I was astonished, there is only one way to describe it and that is a 'god mode vehicle for the police' now i know this suggestion will have its ups and downs from people some will agree and some will disagree but i believe MRAP should be nerfed, not completely nerfed but nerfed, i feel like it should have the features of a Rumpo custom or an armoured XLS where after a certain amount of damage is sustained it should break IE; the windows and the wheels. i feel like the tires on the MRAP are a joke they are completely bullet proof and are unbreakable and its stupid and the same goes for the windows 

I feel like the police abuse the MRAP for the complete wrong reasons they use it as a way to ruin a fight to just ram and destroy people and vehicle and its not fun for the parties who are on the opposing end of this. as seen in the clip below MRAP is used for all the wrong reasons, its a vehicle that is used to disperse a group of people not to cause more mayhem.

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1g7WfxIQvYj4vc/d1337Zo77tvV?invite=cr-MSxwNXMsMzA4NDM2MzUs

now the main point of this suggestion is to nerf it make it where you can break the windows after a certain amount of damage is sustained and same goes for the tires on the MRAP

I think it comes down to the fact - because its indestructible, the behaviour that follows from 90% of the people who drive it is shocking; yes maybe the whole "speak about it" "go to polcom" and things may change but making the thing breakdown at some point will make the people using it think twice before thinking they can use it as a bulldozer as they flip cars laughing

you could say the same for crims, it's always annoying to lose items, and i'm sure if we made a suggestion to remove all the cars used for wars from the server you lot(crims) would also do everything to not make it happen
I think this is a little naive to say, these items crims lose take stupid amounts of grinding to get them - this is why its annoying when crims loss stuff to bs, not  because crims dont want to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
A question for the people who dont want it to be nerfed: 

Why dont u want it to be nerfed? is it because there a chance u might lose? 

I'm starting to feel like anything that gives police a slight disadvantage and a chance for them to lose they don't want.

as of right now getting the MRAP out is pretty much a free ticket to win, you cannot break it at all. we all know its not about winning its about RP at the end of the day, but nobody who is against an invincible metal truck that rams anyone and everyone while they are laughing in your face, thinks its good/enjoyable RP. 

The question I have, why would you want to "win" by ramming and disabling a tank. In my understanding a win for criminals is, when they can escape, no? and not kill everything that has two legs. To kill every cop on the server is basically born out of the knowledge that there then is no one left who would investigate (metagaming, in some sense). IRL there always would be someone to investigate with more or less success. 

Escaping the mwrap should be not a problem since it's slow AF. So that would be the gain in that situation. I can see however that a disable mode to the wheels or what not could bring the benefit that you guys can surely escape the scene. So in the end the mwrap is even slower than slow, can still drive but not pursuit anymore, so the criminals get away.

To be honest in my opinion people should pretty much scatter when police shows up. Something which for example The Lost has done alot in the past to avoid any heat.
That to me makes the most sense.
As much as I respect your thinking , I also think your point is abit invalid as if the lost were in a situation where they needed to stay to help their injured but couldn’t do much as there is a lot of police, yous have the power to call up a gang and get them involved, so you can scatter while someone else deals with your problems , normal gangs can’t do that and we wouldn’t leave out boys down to get arrested.

a chat between gang leads, polcom and staff leads+ is a good
Although I’m not a gang lead , any time I’ve gone into police public to give my view on something that could be done better, e.g actually giving chase instead of ramming cars until they break to just tackle or taze us, I was met with a load of gifs telling me to stop crying basically. 

As a crim I understand that being arrested is apart of the job, but when I get arrested in the worse way possible it is very demotivating. I don’t actually mind losing to police and being arrested if the entire build up to it is fun, I even say to police sometimes about see how long we can go on for with a chase for it to me 1 min long cuz I’m getting TCed, if a chat were to go on between police and gang leads I think a lot more needs to be covered other then just the MRAP situation, police and crims should be able to have a good relationship while making everything fun.

The question I have, why would you want to "win" by ramming and disabling a tank.
We don’t want to “win” by ramming the MRAP , we just don’t want to lose when it’s 15 cars against 1 MRAP , and he is just staying and ramming us all because he knows it’s invincible.

I’ve seen videos on different servers where a gang has wiped a lot of police and the police called up the gang members and all asked for a cease fire so both sides can help there own wounded members, the gang gets to help there downed boys and the police get there boys and have more then enough evidence and tools to further go after the crims on a later date , warrants , searches.

To me that is fun , I’d rather things like that happen where you can actually roleplay with police instead of having to wipe them to try and help your own injured, or just get arrest to go to a prison where there is little to no RP inside. 

Escaping the mwrap should be not a problem since it's slow AF
I wish that was the case i rlly do. The thing with being a crim we are not going to let our downed members stay and get taken by police? would u want to leave your downed friends to get taken by police? there is rlly no need to stay about if we have got all of our members out as we know we aint gonna be able to compete with the MRAP 

There has been many times where all we wanted was to take one of our downed people and mrap has stopped us by doing so, let me give u situation. 

229 have just had a shootout with police and killed them all apart from MRAP as it is invincible. We tell the MRAP "if you let us get our boy, we will leave so you can then help your downed officers" but no the MRAP still decides to keep ramming 10-15 of us risking their downed officers life by doing so. 

Within RP i feel like the MRAP should try and bargain with the crims so he can save the downed officers dont you think so to? 

you could say the same for crims, it's always annoying to lose items,
not really? what do advantages to crims have over police?

police: 

- free weapons/armour 

- free cars

- no need to worry about cars getting scrapped 

- access to MRAP 

- Access to a sniper

- access to BlackHawk 

- Not 100% but feels like they have unlimited numbers

- drones, if police aint even there in person ur still at risk of losing cars.

being a crim right now is already a disadvantage against police due to how little we have. 

yes losing items is annoying but thats because we have to sit in a taxi for hours to get 1 pistol. which i see as unrealistic as i have never been picked up by a taxi and my driver is in a gang irl. if there was more ways to make money as a crim then some people wouldn't care about losing things.  

Im going to stop there has i dont want to take it off the topic of the MRAP.

do you have a clip? or any other 229, if so send in dms on discord please

and to answer your other questions you just posted

i don't mind it being nerfed, but i personally think before going to get devs involved, a chat between gang leads, polcom and staff leads+ is a good start, compared to this suggestion that have more just turned into cops v crims but ooc

not really, if people are upset they lose, they're playing the wrong game

you could say the same for crims, it's always annoying to lose items, and i'm sure if we made a suggestion to remove all the cars used for wars from the server you lot(crims) would also do everything to not make it happen
Completely honest reply here i wouldn't really care if armor cars or cars with armored back were removed from being sellable but that would be impossible since there is loads of those and some of them are supercars/expensive cars but people still use them in wars so its basically unfixable. You would need to remove Krieger, Reapers and almost every single super car from the server.

As much as I respect your thinking , I also think your point is abit invalid as if the lost were in a situation where they needed to stay to help their injured but couldn’t do much as there is a lot of police, yous have the power to call up a gang and get them involved, so you can scatter while someone else deals with your problems , normal gangs can’t do that and we wouldn’t leave out boys down to get arrested.
I definitely understand your point of view and yes the ability is there however there are plenty of situations in which I have been involved where we have had to leave even if a member is injured (for the better of the club at large kinda thing). That said, it doesnt mean thats what happens every time and tbh I have not been that active on my Lost character in a while so cant speak for recent events if they are different.
My impression is that we try and not get into shit with the police in the first place and so when they first show up we try and get potentially injured and get out of there.
Like I said thats my impression of how we operate however it might not reflect the current reality 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely understand your point of view and yes the ability is there however there are plenty of situations in which I have been involved where we have had to leave even if a member is injured (for the better of the club at large kinda thing). That said, it doesnt mean thats what happens every time and tbh I have not been that active on my Lost character in a while so cant speak for recent events if they are different.
My impression is that we try and not get into shit with the police in the first place and so when they first show up we try and get potentially injured and get out of there.
Like I said thats my impression of how we operate however it might not reflect the current reality 🙂
Yeah I know the lost are pretty good staying out of trouble tbf. But when things gets to heated they do have the ability for back up, where as gangs like 229 , we don’t , and we are heavily targeted by the police. Sometimes it’s hard not to fight the police because they come down to turf basically asking for a fight. We’ve had 4 stacked firearms come down to turf and insult us and being rude to use for no reason , and then when we fight back , gangs are the problem and we should be the ones getting life in prison or 10k months in prison. 

and none of it is ever fun from the police aswell.

Yeah I know the lost are pretty good staying out of trouble tbf. But when things gets to heated they do have the ability for back up, where as gangs like 229 , we don’t , and we are heavily targeted by the police. Sometimes it’s hard not to fight the police because they come down to turf basically asking for a fight. We’ve had 4 stacked firearms come down to turf and insult us and being rude to use for no reason , and then when we fight back , gangs are the problem and we should be the ones getting life in prison or 10k months in prison. 

and none of it is ever fun from the police aswell.
Might be rather harsh but when you have massive gunfights 3 times a night (some nights atleast😉) the police will have a large interest and so that should be expected however in my opinion that does not mean that police should come down and borderline bait a gunfight. I would encourage any gang member that if you have any issues with the police to bring them up to your gang lead who has a direct line to police command to try and resolved it. IF that does not help then the staff team are here to help aswell.
And when doing so people need to be respectful.
We are also getting off topic (MRAP) so if you wish to speak further feel free to drop me a message on discord 🙂

I think this is a little naive to say, these items crims lose take stupid amounts of grinding to get them - this is why its annoying when crims loss stuff to bs, not  because crims dont want to lose.
you're misunderstanding my point, i'm talking about me making a suggestion about removing the bulletproof stuff you can put on certain cars, or anything else that removes stuff from crims, i'm not on about me going in and scrapping all your cars or taking all your weapons or anything.

Although I’m not a gang lead , any time I’ve gone into police public to give my view on something that could be done better, e.g actually giving chase instead of ramming cars until they break to just tackle or taze us, I was met with a load of gifs telling me to stop crying basically. 
you shouldn't go into police public and expect a different outcome, not everyone is acting like adults all the time, hence my point of going to polcom and they've shown they're not childish enough to get the position they're currently in.

not really? what do advantages to crims have over police?
i never mentioned once anything about crims having a advantage over police or anything, so i don't know why this was brought up, nor does it have much relevance to my point and it's been explained further up in this message as to why

police: 

- free weapons/armour 

- free cars

- no need to worry about cars getting scrapped 

- access to MRAP 

- Access to a sniper

- access to BlackHawk 

- Not 100% but feels like they have unlimited numbers

- drones, if police aint even there in person ur still at risk of losing cars.
yes, i'm aware of what police does and does not have, i was a CI for 8 months before i stepped down, but again, no relevance.

anyyway, as mystix has stated, let's keep onto the topic of why the mrap should/shouldn't be nerfed, any questions not related to that my dms are also open everywhere

The problem right is the MRAP is literally broken. You are driving around in a car that is literally a free win. You cant kill anyone in it and you cant break it. Its borderline power gaming for me watching cops basically NVL in it heavy outnumbered because the car gives you god mode. 

I have never seen the MRAP used in a way that benefits RP tbh. What RP does you bringing a tank to a gunfight bring? It escalates the situation even more when cops just ram cars and not even think about the consquences because they know they cant die. Watching clips of people getting ran over when they arent a threat or breaking cars with little to no roleplay. What even is there to say about it. 

Even after all this Crims arent even asking for it to be removed all they want is little changes to there is a small chance to beat it. Cops on here then just say no and I dont get it. It effects you very little apart from the situation would go from 100 per cent chance of winning to what like 80 per cent with the changes? 

Cops have such advantages over crims now with everything from numbers to the equipment at hand they can use on an every day to tackle gangs but they dont use them properly. A solid metal cube is literally the answer nowadays and its kinda sad seeing the win mentality come back when i heard the tides were changing. 

Ive probably fought the MRAP a handful of times when in 229 and all i heard was "you literally cant do anything against it get our boys and leave" how hard is that for an officer to let people leave and break up the gunfight instead the MRAP was misued and escalated the situation. 

Crims only want a slight nerf to one thing in a massive police arsenal at least hear them out and test it. Whats the worst that happens? It needs changing again? The server is literally one big learning process and its been like that since the day ive joined.

Crims want it balanced in a way thats fair but cops still have a high chance of winning and majority of cops on this post just want to win at any cost by the looks of the replies. Just remember cops will struggle to find roleplay with out those crims where as the crims can still fight between each other. Firearms will become boring without the gang conflicts and with the mentality shown people will stop logging on. People want to enjoy the game let both sides enjoy it man

I think anyone who is against a slight nerf needs to really understand what is being said here.

The MRAP is invincible. This is completely dumb.

No one has asked for it to be removed, no one has asked for it to be made of tinfoil - all people want from this is the ability to disable it - even if it's at a great cost in terms of ammo.

HERE IS A PICTURE OF A DISABLED MRAP, EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE INDEED NOT GODMODE IRL.

mrap.png

I don't want to join a gang. I want to RP as Police, NHS and Fire without a barrage bullets going past and potentially get shot myself. Want a gang fight? Go Cayo Perico
Out of curiosity, unrelated to the suggestion, how many times have you been shot by accident as NHS or Fire? 

MRAP should be nerfed, doesn't have to be invincible. Speedo Customs, Terrorbytes, Armored XLSs and Ballers are all bulletproof to an extent, but windows will still be destroyed after a large amount of bullets. MRAP should be the same 

+1

Couldn't agree more, MRAP tends to ruin the fun.

Although I do think the MRAP is good and is beneficial to the police for gunfights, it needs to be tweaked slightly as its impossible to fight against.

The tires shouldnt be bullet proof, it was tested recently

The tires shouldnt be bullet proof, it was tested recently
Yeah its a visual bug for those that shoot the tires. 

Those who are inside the MRAP see that the tires are gone though those whom are shooting don't see any change. 

This was recently discovered in a liaison between us and 229 I believe.

Serious question for you - what are Firearms Police mains going to do if people do stop having shootouts? 

Would you rather every time you show up to a shots fired dispatch there’s nobody there? There’s nobody left at the scene to roleplay with? Or would you just rather the dispatches aren’t coming in at all? 

People really need to remember that the server needs Police and Crims… without both the server doesn’t work. 

“Continue doing what you’re doing”… people are playing their characters on GTA, sometimes maybe a little extreme, but Police have plenty of tools to deal with it. I think it was @Bmavthat said it, without crims Police won’t have anything to do. You’ll end up with Firearms cops doing traffic stops on people in Tornados more than they attend firearms incidents. 
I agree with you, I don't think we should get rid of all gang fights. The crims and police are dependent on each other to have interesting scenario.

I think both Police AND crims/gangs can adjust how they react for a more immersive RP Experience tho. I don't think ramming and laughing at people while doing so in the MRAP is constituted as good RP, but I don't think just casually running beside 3 ARVs with a shotgun in your hand, continuing with the gang war is any better. 

I think it need to be a sweet spot, both need to think and act smarter than what we are doing already. I know, from my Crim myself that guns are a pain to get a hold of, and the grind it takes, so I myself would do more of Fear RP and dont just run in front of the police brandishing my firearm. 

Yes, if you are 20+ gang members and one unlucky enough Response officer, or any other officer shows up, well, bad for them, but I don't think there is any good coming from a whole police force getting mauled by gangs. There has to be balance, more and better balance than what we already have. 

I hope everyone knows that the crim mains, and the police mains, we are dependent on eachother to get a wholesome experience!

You’re missing the point here , it’s not about the police’s reactions to fights , it’s how the MRAP is being used. Last night coalition had about 9-11 cars surrounding MRAP and because it is literally god mode , the guy just sat still in the middle of the road and anytime a coa got close he would try and battering ram so they couldn’t save there downed boys. 

police should show up to fights , police should intervene when it’s deemed to do so, but they shouldn’t have access to a full god mode vehicle to ram people’s car in , laugh at the people they’re ramming.
I think you might have misunderstood him, he meant that the firearms officers also want to respond to gangfights, and shots, not just pull over Tornados 😄 

RDM gets marked as police corruption
More like gross misconduct, however, I don't think anyone in a whitelisted faction should do anything close to RDM.

I'm starting to feel like anything that gives police a slight disadvantage and a chance for them to lose they don't want.
To be fair, that isn't just a police issue. It seems like what very many people care about, police or crim, is winning. 

That isn't something that just some from police don't want. Give a suggestion about something that puts crims to a slightly more disadvantage and you get the same reaction. 

And still it is the RP experience that really matters. Some police are win hungry, some crim/gang members are win hungry. 
Thats what we need to stop, not the losing part itself. If you get provided, and provide high quality roleplay then it shouldn't matter what you lose or not. 
This I speak from both Crim and Police perspective.

Back