What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mute button on Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy Winkle

Banned
Hi I'm Teddy Wrinkle, 

Rather than have to pull the radio out and turn it off, would like to have a quick mute button. I know you can achieve this by pulling it out but and turning it off but would just be a bit easier to just press a single key for it. 

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
just switch on and off, takes like 3 seconds

Last edited by a moderator:
@MakenzieI get your point, but a mute button would take less than 1 second. I am sure if there was a mute button you would prefer to just hit that rather than pull your radio out, turn it off than put it away again.   

@MakenzieI get your point, but a mute button would take less than 1 second. I am sure if there was a mute button you would prefer to just hit that rather than pull your radio out, turn it off than put it away again.   
what about a keybind just to switch it on/off then?

Workaround also if you don't want to pull radio out is keybind the volume up/down. Works without radio being out, and can set to 0.

Workaround also if you don't want to pull radio out is keybind the volume up/down. Works without radio being out, and can set to 0.
Basically this, do think it would be a good suggestion though to vary the levels more. I swear 0.1 - 0.9 is the same volume

I always do this, a lot easier to just keybind it to 0

Basically this, do think it would be a good suggestion though to vary the levels more. I swear 0.1 - 0.9 is the same volume
This triggers the fuck outta me too, tbh. It's a maths problem, I think. Someshit to do with inverse-square law and attenuation factors. The volume level input doesn't behave like a straightforward potentiometer (variable resistor) on an IRL radio's amplifier circuit. I think it works more like the audio drop-off you experience as you walk further away from something. One is a straight line, the other is a parabolic curve.

If we can do something, we'll try, when we get time. As I said, it's on my list of pet hates, but so it mathematics calculus, tbh 😄

This is what I do, tbh. I have vol up and vol down bound to my numpad + and - and use those.

Bear in mind that for some reason (again, to do with volume/attenuation complexities and BS) the currently-speaking voice DOES NOT immediately change volume, mid flow. But the transmission following, will do.

A mute button would, presumably, not be 'instant' for the same reasons, so wouldn't really be any better, tbh. The current VOIP subsystem is 'interesting' (which is code for a fucking great PITA).

Turning down the volume is the suggestion for this one. Or if you are really desperate like i am, switch channels 😁

Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back