What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Muted when initially down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hepps

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Some of the hardcore, full on RP'ers might not like this idea.

Brief Summary:

Mute those who go down until medics (or advanced trained medics) have interacted/assessed the injured person or they are put in a hospital bed.  The medic assessment being an Interaction through the interactions wheel.

Detailed Suggestion:

Basically following the medical assessment it shows the medic (or advanced trained medic) an indication of area of injury.  e.g. Head, Left Leg, Back etc etc.  This will allow the medic to triage on scene - any head or back injuries should be transported to hospital for further treatment.

I am fed up of hearing those people who are down chat normally as if nothing has ever happened (I have to admit I have been caught out with that in the past when caught up in the moment).  My issue is mainly with the people who take advantage of being able to speak whilst down, giving instructions and a clear advantage or giving verbal abuse.

My suggestion is to mute 

The Pros:

More realistic treatment/triage on scene

Stops tactical comms by downed people

Downed players do not disrupt RP

This will stop some reporting of players and some staff administration for educating them to roleplay their injuries

The Cons:

Most incidents might require hospital treatment, therefore making it more cumbersome for medics.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I don't think so.

Thats some people, not everyone. So why penalize someone on the server because they are trying to Roleplay?

Good idea but like you said at the start the people who enjoy RP'in will have scenarios taken away with this although it would solve a lot of issues with people saying things they shouldn't when in a losing situation. 

In the past when I've not wanted to say anything when downed I'd rp that I'd blacked out or something so couldn't speak till came round. 

Thats some people, not everyone. So why penalize someone on the server because they are trying to Roleplay?
Maybe something like Muting them if they were shot in the head or something? Of course this adds alot of issues for medics when it comes to checking if someone is AFK or no mic situations

You still can roleplay, just after the initial assessment - if NHS are on duty and attend or when on the hospital bed.

Sorry buddy not one for me. I think there is more to consider than just the talking. Patients I visit often roleplay coughing and groaning if the injuries warrant it. You'd also need to consider what happens if a medic isn't around, do they just stay muted until assessment?

When arriving on scene as NHS, we occasionally have to call for the patient. This is usually followed by us asking their name and to describe where they are in pain (if able of course). All before performing any actions.

I guess I'm a bit biased too as I just don't like to see 'magical barriers' on roleplay servers that restrict things that should be possible in real life, all to prevent muppets who can't follow some rules. They'd probably continue acting up once the mute goes anyhow..

Generally my experience on the server has been good though. I've had the odd person who sounds far too healthy for their condition, but would say the minority of my cases. Probably worse for yourself initially at a police scene where the bad roleplayers are a bit hot headed after being downed..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a great idea I would say, so much RP is done while players are downed, that's interactions with medics, police and also civilians. I would say downed players should be forced to "Whisper" as at least that way such things like shouting out tactical knowledge etc is not really possible unless they are right by each other.

Getting revived is not a quick process, and so you can often be left dead and waiting a medic for a significant length of time each time you die. If you make it so you are effectively unable to interact with anyone until you get revived, you are preventing people from actually doing anything apart from look at a screen for up to 20 minutes a time. That just kills RP and makes people more likely to go AFK after dying, and then have people not enjoy the game which they are playing. At the end of the day, it is a game, and people want to enjoy the time, or at least feel like they aren't wasting it, and I know at least personally it would feel like I am wasting my time if i was to play and have to just look at my screen for 20 minutes whilst waiting for a medic, unable to talk to anyone or do anything. 

This is not a great idea I would say, so much RP is done while players are downed, that's interactions with medics, police and also civilians. I would say downed players should be forced to "Whisper" as at least that way such things like shouting out tactical knowledge etc is not really possible unless they are right by each other.
Even better idea - I change my suggestion to include this 😄

eTron said:
Even better idea - I change my suggestion to include this 😄
Perhaps to further it, you could press 'E' and it makes a coughing sound that is made in 'shouting' mode.  That way if you're struggling to be spotted people can still hear you cough - maybe set it to stop people spamming it.

as a medic I need to search people sometimes, without them being able to make themselves known they are basically RIP

as a medic I need to search people sometimes, without them being able to make themselves known they are basically RIP
which is what I'm trying to say, they should be assessed by interaction which then allows the RP to start (force the downed person to whisper).  That assessment gives a totally accurate, or as close as possible, identification of areas injured - which then leads into the NHS being able to decide if treatment on scene can be done or whether they need hospital treatment.

This making it a little bit more realistic, and stops people saying that they've sprained their ankle after driving like a tit and flipping their motorbike at high speeds.

It would potentially make the hospitals a little more busier I guess, and if no NHS on duty would make things a bit more difficult and stop any RP with kind people who pick up to drop at hospital.

It was just a thought, so I wanted to share to gauge people's opinions.

The problem with the medical side of RP , its VERY limited , therefore you can't extent the realism of injuries or medical incidence. There is quite frankly not the infrastructure for that. You can't roleplay every situation that has occured as they have occured. Half of the people on the server would be DNR then. You need to be creative to find the middleway to deal with it. And this "downed" state is in GTA just that your health bar has gone from 100 to 0. What ever the physics of the game have calculated for that to happen. It is still a game and there for there are very many limitation on what you can do as a medic try to be as realistic as possible. 

One of the more realistic scenarios though, is what I wrote above. Many times people get rescued because they could call for help. Especially in the rural areas , like killed from a mountain lion or fell of a bike then into the river bed etc. Many times you dont find the person right away because of all the foliage. And our problem is furthermore, many calls we attend, are simply already done, since the person was transported by a friend or chose a new life. So we arrive there, dont find anybody and if the person is not even able to scream to make themselves known, they are pretty much fucked. When none shouts out, we assume the victim is gone/driven to the hospital. 

The problem with the medical side of RP , its VERY limited , therefore you can't extent the realism of injuries or medical incidence. There is quite frankly not the infrastructure for that. You can't roleplay every situation that has occured as they have occured. Half of the people on the server would be DNR then. You need to be creative to find the middleway to deal with it. And this "downed" state is in GTA just that your health bar has gone from 100 to 0. What ever the physics of the game have calculated for that to happen. It is still a game and there for there are very many limitation on what you can do as a medic try to be as realistic as possible. 

One of the more realistic scenarios though, is what I wrote above. Many times people get rescued because they could call for help. Especially in the rural areas , like killed from a mountain lion or fell of a bike then into the river bed etc. Many times you dont find the person right away because of all the foliage. And our problem is furthermore, many calls we attend, are simply already done, since the person was transported by a friend or chose a new life. So we arrive there, dont find anybody and if the person is not even able to scream to make themselves known, they are pretty much fucked. When none shouts out, we assume the victim is gone/driven to the hospital. 
I have been in other cities where scripts were used to identify injuries - not sure how accurate they are.

Yes very good point.  Maybe the call for help needs to be a mobile phone initiated GPS signal - thereby be trackable.  Not sure how easy that is to do from a dev side.

I think there needs to be a difference between an NHS hotline report and a 'help beacon' from a downed person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back