What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

My Current Build: Questions and Queries

Hobbs

Unlinked
Hello all! This is my current build its around 2 years old and has worked fine with minimal problems, but really I'm wanting to know more about it! These are my questions!

1. How much is it worth?

2. Is it sellable/Would someone buy it?

3. Is it a good build?

4. Are there any upgrades I could look at?

5. What are the possibilities of overclocking and what is involved when doing so? (Overclocking explanation)

My Build

Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad Core

ASRock H81 Pro BTC Motherboard

HyperX Beast 8GB (2x 4GB) 2400MHz DDR3 RAM

WD 1TB 3.5" inch Internal Hard Drive / HDD - Caviar Blue- Recertified

MSI NVIDIA Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card

Cooler Master K350 Gaming Black Midi Tower Case

<Also>

I'm currently in my last year at grammar school and I can see myself needing a laptop for doing work on the move, as many of my friends have serious money from mummy and daddy they've been able to be given mac books, as I've worked some serious hours recently I could afford a mac book but really it would hurt me a little aha! (And saving for the car of course)

What I'm wanting from a laptop is for it to be

1. Lightweight

2. Slick (I want it to look good/be v light/ not bulky)

3. Fast (All I want it for is for is google chrome,word,spotify,netflix)

4. Big screen (For all the Netflix&Chill I'll be doing ;) 

5. Good speaker (If someone could tell me if i'll be able to have the sound come out of my Bluetooth speaker this wouldn't be an issue)

(I currently don't have a budget or any ideas for either projects just want to be better educated)

I know this is a lot to ask and I know that a lot of this I could probably guess my self but I know that people on here are very friendly and happy to help, and I really don't want to get this wrong!

Many thanks, Hobbs x 😁

(I know this computer wizard will know everything and be able to help! @Zeito)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I reckon it's worth around 400-500 depending on its condition and assuming you'd sell it all in one go 

2. I don't see why someone wouldn't buy it the build isn't bad so anyone looking to buy a computer that can run games fairly well without worrying about having the best quality 

3. It's a fairly decent build it all comes down to why you use it obviously compared to a hardcore gaming build its pretty bad but for general gaming and computer usage I see nothing wrong with it 

4. The upgrades I would recommend are getting an ssd for your os and potentially doubling your ram just for better future proofing. The graphics card and cpu could also be upgraded however that would be entirely based on your usage don't upgrade if you aren't going to make use of it

5. With the cpu you have you won't be able to overstock it as it isn't a K version if you were to upgrade your cpu and wanted to overclock you would need that for example I have a 4790k which I have overclocked to 4.6ghz

I wish I could help with the laptop but I haven't looked at laptop's for quite some time so wouldn't be able to give a good recommendation but if no one else responds when I get back home tomorrow I wouldn't mind looking to try and find something to suit your needs

Hello all! This is my current build its around 2 years old and has worked fine with minimal problems, but really I'm wanting to know more about it! These are my questions!

1. How much is it worth?

2. Is it sellable/Would someone buy it?

3. Is it a good build?

4. Are there any upgrades I could look at?

5. What are the possibilities of overclocking and what is involved when doing so? (Overclocking explanation)

My Build

Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad Core

ASRock H81 Pro BTC Motherboard

HyperX Beast 8GB (2x 4GB) 2400MHz DDR3 RAM

WD 1TB 3.5" inch Internal Hard Drive / HDD - Caviar Blue- Recertified

MSI NVIDIA Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card

Cooler Master K350 Gaming Black Midi Tower Case

<Also>

I'm currently in my last year at grammar school and I can see myself needing a laptop for doing work on the move, as many of my friends have serious money from mummy and daddy they've been able to be given mac books, as I've worked some serious hours recently I could afford a mac book but really it would hurt me a little aha! (And saving for the car of course)

What I'm wanting from a laptop is for it to be

1. Lightweight

2. Slick (I want it to look good/be v light/ not bulky)

3. Fast (All I want it for is for is google chrome,word,spotify,netflix)

4. Big screen (For all the Netflix&Chill I'll be doing ;) 

5. Good speaker (If someone could tell me if i'll be able to have the sound come out of my Bluetooth speaker this wouldn't be an issue)

(I currently don't have a budget or any ideas for either projects just want to be better educated)

I know this is a lot to ask and I know that a lot of this I could probably guess my self but I know that people on here are very friendly and happy to help, and I really don't want to get this wrong!

Many thanks, Hobbs x 
1f601.png

(I know this computer wizard will know everything and be able to help! @Zeito)
1. How much is it worth? Maybe a few hundred as said above if sold all in one go.

2. Is it sellable/Would someone buy it?  No reason why not depending on their budget. the GPU is now a little dated vram wise, but for someone looking for a budget gaming pc as a basis might be interested in it.

3. Is it a good build? Sure why not. It's reasonable spec for a low-mid gaming pc. For someone looking to play Lol/CS/Hearthstone/Minecraft etc it's probably fine.

4. Are there any upgrades I could look at? On this build? New GPU for sure. You'd need a new Mobo and CPU for overclocking.

5. What are the possibilities of overclocking and what is involved when doing so? (Overclocking explanation) Basically zero. Chipset (H81) doesnt allow overcloking. Non-unlocked CPU doesnt allow for easy overclocking (multiplier manipulation)

If you're looking at laptops, try looking at an MSI gaming laptop, they've gotten some good reviews, does everything you're looking for and also does the whole gaming thing. Do not buy a macbook unless you are a graphic designer, video editor, or other creative soul. You wont get the utility out of it and it'd be a big waste of cash. If you want to spunk 2 grand on something you wont get to use - buy me some forged pistons because the scooby might have blown one and I cant stomach the bill to dismantle her.

@Zeito ah thanks man,  you always give me a laugh, hope your scooby gets better soon!

Back