What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

My friend got hacked

Voltz

The Butler
Unlinked
So my friend got hacked, he lost all his accounts and had CSGO skins stolen from him. Now he has all his accounts back (except steam). I am asking a few things.

1.The guy called him instantly afterwards claiming to be steam.... so we now have his phone number. I can confirm we have it as we called back and he was there.

2.My friend was DDosed so we are in contact with ISP atm to see if we can get an IP address.

I was wondering if there is any way of tracking the phone so we can either get police involved or do a cheeky "car thought the front door". 

Any help?

If you contact the police with any proof you have of it they should be able to get a warrant for the phone company/ISP to give their details. From there they'll do their investigation and you can do what you want from there.

Virtual item theft from what I've seen isn't taken too seriously, but DDoS attacks are becoming more known and are taken seriously recently.

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.

Good luck with it either way ;)

- Marc

Contact the police. Give them as much information as possible.

As for the DDOS, if it's a true DDOS attack, IP addresses will be meaningless as it will be coming from a Bot Network, but if its one guy on his own with a DOS attack, then the IP would be useful.

I had this problem however it didn't effect my account, skins were stolen tho.

Tell him to open a steam support ticket, and if the phone number is from the UK then methods will be used. Probably best to contact the police

I was wondering if there is any way of tracking the phone so we can either get police involved or do a cheeky "car thought the front door". 

Any help?
And yes, although the cheeky car through the front door tactic works, I prepare the ding dong plastic explosive entry, if your a scientist put it this way

play dough + lighter = boom boom

sas-o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes in process of getting his steam back however we are going to be looking into it with a bit more detail. We are wondering whether to get the police involved (well he is, im not directly involved). We will be looking at the different possibilities. Thank you all!

That was probably just your betting.
heheheheh i saw what you did there,

but no I clicked some dodgy link and before I knew it my skins were gone; 

The pain is steam take months to respond - but it is worth the wait

I had this problem however it didn't effect my account, skins were stolen tho.

Tell him to open a steam support ticket, and if the phone number is from the UK then methods will be used. Probably best to contact the police

And yes, although the cheeky car through the front door tactic works, I prepare the ding dong plastic explosive entry, if your a scientist put it this way

play dough + lighter = boom boom

sas-o.gif
SAS OP

Back