What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

My new pc with 43" 4K screen ;)

Bo1

Hi everyone,

My name is Bo. I am new here and just introduced myself in the arrivals section where i also promissed to post my new pc and screen ... and here it is:

_GMB0479c.jpg

My 43" 4K UHD Monitor (yes this is a monitor not a tv) next to my old 27" hp monitor. The desk was build by myself and as you can see i am a doctor who fan. The symbols that light up (any color or brightness) are galyfrean.

I'm having trouble uploading more pictures so i will write a list of all the components i used to build my pc with links to pictures:

The Monitor: Wasabi Mango UHD 4K ah-ips 3840x2160 60hz Display Port, hdmi 2.0 + V-SYNC
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/WASABI-MANGO-UHD430-REAL-4K-HDMI-2-0-SE-43-LG-AH-IPS-DP-3840x2160-UHD-Monitor-/111785370943?hash=item1a06ed653f:g:JVAAAOSwKIpWBR2T

This screen is amazing ! ! !
I wanted to go with either a 1440p ultra wide monitor or a large 4k monitor. The problem was: there isn't much choice in good 4k monitors at a reasonable price ... Until i discovered this one ! I found a thread where several people described their experiences with this Korean made monitor. After reading through more than 100 pages of tests and personal experiences i was convinced.
This monitor has no ghosting, nice blacks, colors are not calibrated but mine looked ok out of the box, i just lowered the blues a bit for now.
AND best of all: It cost me half as much as the 1440p ultra wide monitor from asus i was looking at. I payed 680 euros for the screen + 60euro's for shipping +45 euro's custom taxes = 785 euro's for this 43" 4K beauty !
For those with AMD cards (which i don't) this screen has V-Sync !
I can say nothing bad about this screen other than 1) the remote is in korean and 2) The edges are in a silver finish and everything else i have has a black finish.

CASE: NZXT H440 RAZER EDITION (new edition)
https://www.nzxt.com/products/h440-designed-by-razer

Looks cool, is quiet, is easy to build in and extremely easy to hide all the cables in and create a clean build.

Motherbooard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Great board all round and i trust Asus. It has a cool rgb led on it (choose color, brightness and effects). Easy bios for overclocking. M.2. slot (i needed that)

CPU: I7- 6700k
15% overclocked atm. I can go a lot higher but there is no need for that for gaming.

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61
https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-x61

Closed circuit water cooler with 2 140mm fans on the radiator and a nice rgb led on the cooler itself. Tip: turn your cpu fan speed up to 100% in bios and then lower fan speed in the kraken program, this way the pump stays at max speed and the fans can be lowered to have a quiet pc (the pump starts to make noise at low rpm).

RAM: 4x4 =16 gig Avexir Core Series Green Led 2133mhz

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

GPU (the best part): EVGA GTX 980 ti Hybrid
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-1996-KR

This card is amazing ! I thought i would need two of these to run 4k on high settings but i was wrong. With games like gta 5, tomb raider or battlefront i only have to lower a few settings to run at constant 60fps. Most games require me to just turn down the shadows a bit and that's nopt even that noticable. I do leave anti alliassing off in a lot of games because 1) this is already 4k so there is much less need for anti alliasing, and 2) anti alliassing is 4x more demanding on 4k because there are 4 times more pixels.
This is also a water cooled card (closed circuit) and even with the card running at 90 -100% for hours on end, i have never seen the temp rise above 66c with the fans at maximum 50%. This makes this a quiet card as well as a very "cool" card :p . Idle temps are around 30-35c and after hours of gaming at full load it returns to 35c in less than a minute.
I plan to instal a corsair sp120 high performance fan on it to replace the one it came with. This should make it even quieter and cooler.

Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-z

I am so glad i bought this card ! I bought large and expensive jbl speakers years ago, i've had like 4 expensive amplifiers/receivers to drive those speakers .... why have i been so stupid not to buy a decent sound card all those years .... this thing only cost me 80 euros and the difference is huge. Not only does everything sound better, but there are so many things i can adjust so i can have optimal sound for each game or for watching movies. The only thing i dont like about this card is that its red with red leds and my build is black and green. But i can put some tape over the leds or cut them off and if i really want to i can airbrush the red part green (easy to remove it from the actual card).

Main Storage: Samsung 950 pro M.2. 512g
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/ssd950pro/overview.html

If you thought an ssd was fast then wait untill you try one of these ... its no bigger than a stick of gum, 5x times faster than ssd, uses less power, and requires no cables, you just plug it into the motherboard and you're done. Instaling windows 10 on this thing was a piece of cake ... no hassle with changing bios setting or anything and ofcourse very little waiting time during the instalation.
And best of all ... Bye bye loading times in games :D

Secondary Storage: Samsung 850 pro SSD 512g
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/ssd850pro/overview.html

On of the best and most sold ssd's on the market, and it looks cooler than most :p

PSU: The thing that powers it all: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 1200w
http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/299

1200w might seem like overkill but i expected to need a second gtx 980 ti. With this setup I am sure this PSU will last a very long time since it's high quality and will never run near full load.

Added Bonuses from this build:
1) I always used to be cold after gaming for a while but the heat comming from my gtx 980 ti raises the temp in my room (large room) by several degrees and keeps me nice and warm :)
2) I can get rid of my 40" hd tv now because it can't compare to my 4k monitor when it comes to watching movies.

Total cost including the screen: about 3800 euro .... but over half of that was payed for by the tax collecting agency that gave me a nice refund this year ... Therefore i would like to thank the Belgian government for their support, without them none of this would have been possible :p

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :)

Bo

Damn the pc and the screen and all that are awesome, but the desk with those symbols is especially amazing 

Damn the pc and the screen and all that are awesome, but the desk with those symbols is especially amazing 
Thank you Freebz. I used stencils i made to sandblast the symbols into the glass. Then I put a led strip against the edge of the glass, and done :)
Here is a close up:

tardesk.jpg

Looks amazing! But is that thing your microphone?  Or did some one just leave it there from the 1990s? (insert slightly sarcastic but positive emoji here (emojis are still broken?))

Capture.PNG

That art on the desk is really nice.

It is true about ultrawide 4k monitors they are really expensive, I am planning on getting a LG 34UC97 Curved 4K IPS Monitor which incl delivery is around £800 but it is a beast of a monitor.

Looks amazing! But is that thing your microphone?  Or did some one just leave it there from the 1990s? (insert slightly sarcastic but positive emoji here (emojis are still broken?))

View attachment 2357
Yes that is my mic :p ... i dont like wearing a headset. Any tips on a good mic to go with my new pc ?

That art on the desk is really nice.

It is true about ultrawide 4k monitors they are really expensive, I am planning on getting a LG 34UC97 Curved 4K IPS Monitor which incl delivery is around £800 but it is a beast of a monitor.
Thanks.

I looked at that screen as well but it has a few minor flaws like ghosting if i remember corectly. Also the screen i went with costs less (only payed like 780 euro's and thats only 614 pounds including shipping and import tax) and is of better quality judging from the many reviews i read .... the panel is also an LG panel btw ... so it's made by the same manufacturer as the one you are looking at. The difference is that LG gave it a more expensive finish and shipped it from the factory in korea to another factory somewhere in china or america, then to distributers acros the world and then to the store .... and they all take their cut. The korean screen i went with has a panel that is also produced in korea but then its finished in  a factory close by and then to the seller who is also in korea. So no shipping and very little added costs. Also Korea has an export problem right now so dhl and ups are charging very low rates to ship stuff from there (if they dont they have too many half empty planes and they lose money). So long story short: the screen is cheap but not because of low quality. I would really recommend going for the same one as me it if your pc can handle 4k. (btw they take up the same amount of space if i remmember correctly. The 43" monitor is just higher).

I also lookied into the asus predator ultra wide 1440p monitors. They are of awesome quality as well but they cost about 1200-1300 euro's or 945 - 1025 pounds. So i decided i would rather get this much larger and higher resolution 4k monitor and an extra gtx 980 ti in sli setup if i needed it. It would have cost me about the same but it turns out i dont need the extra gpu so i payed less for more :)

I hope some of this helps you make your decision. Feel free to ask me anything or let me know what you went with in the end ;)

Thanks for those links Krokapan :)

I really like that yeti ... but not only is it very expensive, but i was also thinking that if i replace my mic i will want 2 because i use my "old" pc for skype and teamspeak and my new pc for gaming and thus in-game chat. Buying 2 of those yeti's seems a little crazy. I also like the look of the snowball which is only half the price but i just checked out a review on amazon that compares them and you can hear a big difference in the added youtube video.

I know I'll be ok with the snowballs but when it comes to buying things that should last a long time i like to go for great quality. I bought my JBL speakers 20 years ago and spent all my savings on them but i never regretted it because they last so long and i have had 20 years of great quality sound. Can the same be said about a mic like the yeti ? If it will last that long i might consider buying 2 of those.

Back