What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

My Police Rant

Tommy Shelby

I'm just going to mention a few things that I believe people are getting wary about when it comes to the police in general.

What are the ACTUAL rules with police and tyre shooting? - when I was in the police it was 3 minutes, now it seems that regardless of if a firearm is seen your tyres will be sprayed instantly without any effort to chase. Especially with the higher ranks these days with this 'high threat level' which in my eyes is an excuse to arm every officer to the teeth and give the higher-ups an excuse to carry the best weapons.

When the police have finally given up with warning a heli and begin shooting, why carry on shooting when they are now clearly leaving? 

Why is it okay for all the 'CTSFOs' to litterally 'shoot first ask questions later' and by ask questions I mean talk on TS because rather than roleplay you've been shot instantly - regardless of the fact you're roleyplaying as a CTSFO that doesn't mean you can give shit roleplay - i'm a cop hating rebel, doesn't mean I can go round giving terrible RP and use the 'well i'm a rebel, what do you expect' card. I think that ALL police REGARDLESS of their rank should have to do a certain no. of hours of 'normal' police patrol in a month, there are a number of cops whom I have encountered in-game over a period of months who come on for the sole purpose of being a member of AR or one of the 'shoot to kill' units in which I have NEVER had a good roleplay scenario. 
Being a normal 'on the beat' police keeps your RP ability up to date, i've litterally had scenarios where the only words i've received even whilst roleplaying are 'hands up or be tazed' and then the right to remain silent act. That is utterly shite, if you want that then go on a less strict server. I don't care what unit you're playing as. If thats going to be the case with all CTFSO's then I think they should be removed.

It seems the value of life rule is no-longer a logical thinking thing, more of a go by the rules / handbook - the 3-1 rule should be followed with LOGICAL thinking. 
If there's one of you and you're surrounded by 3 rebels, one in-front and two behind, the chances of you surviving should you take a shot is, to be realistic, minimum. 
There are way too many officers who do not value their life and many use the excuse 'well you were gonna kill me anyway' which in my eyes is fail roleplay, use logic, you KNOW you won't survive? Swallow your pride, put your gun down and roleplay, shooting in order to get killed and avoid a hostage situation is a blatant use fail roleplay.

There are way too many incidents where, especially the lower ranks, will refuse to place their hands up etc whilst being surrounded and KNOWING of multiple rebels, its a bit shite.

Also if you've been given a warning shot RIGHT next to you and continue to taze / rubber / do whatever you've been told not too, you're clearly asking for the gunfight, I don't have a problem with this, only when you're complained at.

Cops that refuse to not have a gunfight - Sometimes I think it's best to just let something go, if you're outnumbered and you've been threatened with being killed if you fail to either lower your weapon or just leave, you should, go away, keep eyes on, call for backup, again maybe send a negotiator, there's not need to just go ahead and start a gunfight.

Many higher ranks, especially the new CTSFO's will arrest you, then leave you at a police station without telling anyone what's happened and continue to ignore the low ranks who ask what they want done.
An example of this was last week. Myself and TCK did an RBA in which I was giving overwatch in a hellcat. They were surrounded by CTSFOs and no other officers, TCK were non-threatening and in my eyes gave some decent RP, as you know, TCK is all about the roleplay ;). If i'm honest I was sceptical as the RP returned by the new AR recently in my eyes has been shite, there is no RP, just simply hands up or be tazed, which lets be honest, is NO different to hands up or die, it may as well be the same. 
So anyway the highest rank there asks for the 'boss' at the time to come and talk, in which case was me at the time, I proceeded to land and go over and try to roleplay. I'd say I got around a minute of 'attempting to speak' but with the NPAS heli that kept flying around and landing in a way that I can only explain as an ANNOYING fly that can't decide where to sit.
I had a firearm on my back and I didn't threaten any officer at one point. After around 2 minutes, probably less, and me still trying to roleplay but if i'm honest being blatantly ignored, as soon as the annoying bluebottle, WA-99, took off I was immediately told along with the rest of the gang, half of which were in a spooled up orca, to place our hands on our heads or get tazed, now I STILL kept trying to roleplay and de-escalate the situation, the heli was fired upon by around 10 guys and I could've gone into the RBA which I was next too, pulled my AK and probably get at least 3 -4 as they were all fixated on the orca, like when your cat see's your sandwich and you can't get their eyes off it?

Anyway, again I continued to be non-threatening, I kept asking to talk in-fact and see if we could sort it, whilst 5 officers screamed that I would be tazed. I was then tazed, after getting up and saying 'wtf' was that about, I was then told 'We are CTFSOs, we act first then ask later' which in a nut shell kind of sums this paragraph and the majority of the post. 

ANYWAY - the guy restrained me, I believe he was an ACC but I don't know, it's difficult when 75% of the cops on the server wear a mask and won't give you their badge number (I never asked so i'm not saying they fell culprit of this). 
He took me into NPAS and left me there, instead of roleplaying, which to a point I was looking forward too, even though I was pissed off, as it can be fun to try get out of things, he got in the ghosthawk (there were enough officers available for it without him) and went off to try and shoot the orca down.
Now I was left for the best part of an hour with 3 PCSOs and a PC, one of which was playing a ukulele. These 4 had NO idea about what I was there for, no idea I was involved in the RBA or anything. They kept asking in RP over the radio what they wanted to happen, higher ups, but they didn't get a response, they also // me saying this. So I sat there, the guy who restrained me was killed so I had to be re-restrained, after my weapons were taken away my internet dropped and was gone for around an hour anyway.

The whole point of that was to show how this was generally just shite, roleplay with me, don't just leave me. A similar thing happened last night at an RBA where a gang member was left for 40 minutes at the PD without being spoken too. It is SHITE.  

The whole 'baiting' debate.

It seems to me, that fuel station robberies, unless conducted by one man with no gear and purely a rook, is now baiting. 
Recently an update has given us the pleasure of getting up to 200K in these robberies, and often great roleplay. However, like all scenarios in-game, this depends on the rebels intentions, but most importantly the attending officers' initial response. 

I'll give 2 examples - 

1) You're robbing a station, e.g Kavala fuel. You have guys set up in buildings INCASE the worst happens, a gun fight. The officers turn up, guns on their back and ask if they can come in and talk - the rebel then says yes and you engage in some high quality roleeeeplay. Now this can still turn bad, however, in most cases it doesn't. 
If it does, well  at least you've tried right? 

2) Same scenario, cops turn up - you're instantly threatened with a tazer, now as a rebel you don't want to be restrained, told your gps and comms are gone and thrown into a sporty within 5 seconds with NO way of counter-initiation, so you may have to counter-initiate instantly, this may be 'if you discharge any sort of firearm you'll be shot'. Now at this point clearly the officer has choices, taze them and risk being killed or leave and swallow a little bit of pride, call for back-up, maybe get a negotiator, it doesn't matter that it isn't a HM, it's roleplay, thats the whole idea.

The problem lays where you're called out for baiting when a gunfight starts, you know as an officer you will be counter initiated on if they have friends, its your job to RP, find out if they have people in the area, find out what theyre doing before threatening. 
I am MORE than happy to roleplay for a restart if that's what it takes to get out of a situation, but if you come in with threats straight away, i'm counter initiating because as I said before, I don't want to be flung into a car and taken to a bluezone where I can't do anything. 
There are MANY cops on here who will complain as their idea of RP is rebels in restraints at the PD with their weapons being removed, you KNOW that isn't going to be the rebels favorable decision, so you shouldn't complain unless you have clearly been baited for a gun fight, I am NOT saying baiting doesn't exist on the server but you can't just say its bait because you lost.

I think that too many cops try to be real 'no shit-taking' cops, when really they should be trying to roleplay it. 

The whole 'i've taken your radio and GPS' whilst sprinting past you and 5m away is ridiculous, it doesn't need a paragraph or an explanation, you have the power to physically take it, so do it, if you can't because you'll get shot then just don't do it.

The whole not being able to shoot back if you're being rubbered without an officer stating that they will rubber you.
YES I get it's non-lethal, and im not going to go into how utterly overpowered they are, but if you don't STATE you're using rubber i'm going to assume you're attempting to lethal me and shoot back, I won't know until im hit once in the toe end of my heavy duty most likely bullet proof boots, so don't complain if you're shot.

Use of rubber bullet guns in combat - I believe they shouldn't be used in combat, use lethals, theres nothing worse than being sat in a field and being rubbered every 10 seconds, it's just annoying plain and simple, either restrain me, or just kill me, because IRL a rubber bullet at such a range won't do shit. I've used an actual rubber round from a shotgun, obviously they're different but they don't work like that.

Kinda miss the old days of being pulled over for speeding and roleplaying that, but I guess with the new CTFSO's unless you're killing people they won't get involved.

Equally miss the days of hostage negotiators / talking, rather than shooting straight away etc etc. litttttle boring. 

Oh and for gods sake STOP using the excuse of 'oh they're new and its their first patrol' if something goes wrong. Train them better, tell them over radio etc, but don't use that as a valid excuse.

Alsooooo, if a bunch of cops are roleplaying a situation out, don't come in with you grey Adidas track suits and your big bollocks and turn it into a hostile situation, this happens way too much and really pisses people off, it literally is preventing and ending roleplay. And police say it's always rebels wanting a gunfight?

I'd also like to state that offering compensation in TS doesn't make the shitty reason you've ended RP, shot without good enough reason, failed to value your life or anything acceptable every time, learn from it rather than doing it over and over, you may think we are going to the liason for petty reasons, and they may be, but it is an attempt to STOP and prevent further piss poor scenarios when they keep occurring.

Don't get salty if you don't end up taking someones weapon and you've ended up dying, rebels don't want to be taken to prison, and if youre threatened and killed because of it, you can't complain. You know they won't want to be restrained and have their weapons stripped. So it doesn't come as too much of a shock when you're dead after being told 'if you do this you'll be killed' - however blunt it may be, you've been told, you've made the decision, you deal with it. 

A great example of how the police can RP happened last night. In short, we did an RBA - was roleplay until AR turned up and took over - 11 + TCK members were arrested, they were in prison and surrounded by armed response, I landed, got inside the prison and threatened if they weren't released i'd start shooting cops, @INS RyaanDunne got inside and tazed me and restrained etc. I managed to RP out of being arrested and just got my weapon taken off me, we had a laugh, it was FUN, I didn't kill anyone, I didn't get killed. RP does work, its YOU who decides that.

Stalling - We ALL have had those situations where you approach a cop and ask them to place their hands up etc and threaten them, they decide to obviously radio it in, but when you start saying 'why you telling me to do X, Y and Z' after being threatened that if you don't do something you'll end up with a bullet in you head it gets tedious, the same happens when your asking someone to get out of the car, they radio it in for 30secs whilst you and 5 others scream asking for people to get out the car etc.

ANNYYWAYYY that's my little rant about all the things I believe are wrong with the police right now, i'm not talking about rule changing etc etc apart from the rubber bullets or actual advantages such as this ridiculous ATC system, but the things that individuals can improve themselves. 

If you disagree, tell me, this isn't a personal attack on every cop, just this is what i've been getting, not just recently but last year too, I just feel it's gotten worse over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a few things to add to this:

It seems the value of life rule is no-longer a logical thinking thing
This happens with hostage operations as well, to give an example we had a CI hostage just the other day with cops following us in full chase. We warned them that if they did not stop the chase he would be executed, and of course they didn't. This happens far too often, and civilian hostages should be just as important as cop hostages, as I find that sometimes cops don't value civilian lives' either.

Same scenario, cops turn up - you're instantly threatened with a tazer
For me, the problem here isn't that you're being taken, it's the fact that you are forced to stop the petrol station 'robbery' (you don't even have a chance to RP that it's something else), with the cop leaving the situation almost instantly in a lot situations as the situation is defused. Even if they do accept your RP, you then have to wait 15 minutes (or however long the timer is) to restart it. For the cop it shouldn't be about 'winning' this situation by stopping a petrol station robbery, they should think of it as an RP situation.

Now onto your point about combat-driven groups within the police force, I completely agree that their 'RP' in most situations is combat driven and it tends to end in a gunfight due to their reluctance to RP. It would be a lie for me to say I've never had a good RP situation with them, as in that same RBA you mentioned I had same decent RP with them, however this is not the case for most situations. Now the argument can be used that they are 'Armed response', realistically they're meant to go to places for gunfights like a swat team, but then that begs the question of if they really have a place on an RP server?

Use of rubber bullet guns in combat
Haha you don't know what you've started here, I remember suggesting this and got a three page roast-me thread started. Their purpose is good, they allow officers to get you safely into restraints and then you can further RP with them at a police station which is obviously a +1, but I think it's the way that they work that is the problem. A PCSO (or whatever rank they're called now) can rush into a room with 6 people, holding the most expensive weaponry, and take them all down with his high fire rate mk-20. I think that is realistic and fail-RP in itself, but I'm not really sure what to suggest to fix this problem except for switching all weapons to lethal only except for tasers. I shouldn't have to be scared of trying to rob a PCSO by himself (not that I do this... I'm not that much of a hobo) with a friend because of that otherworldly item.

This happens with hostage operations as well, to give an example we had a CI hostage just the other day with cops following us in full chase. We warned them that if they did not stop the chase he would be executed, and of course they didn't. This happens far too often, and civilian hostages should be just as important as cop hostages, as I find that sometimes cops don't value civilian lives' either.
LOL mate I was there

Just going to state as early as possible before the inevitable baby battle of ego and the made-up competition of "rah rah rah personal attacks, derailing thread rah rah rah" that your comments will simply be hidden.. You've been warned!

On subject, as a cop (and being a cop for the majority of one and a half years) I agree with a lot of the points in this post (no clue what a CTFO is, ive been on holiday!) 

Just going to state as early as possible before the inevitable baby battle of ego and the made-up competition of "rah rah rah personal attacks, derailing thread rah rah rah" that your comments will simply be hidden.. You've been warned!

On subject, as a cop (and being a cop for the majority of one and a half years) I agree with a lot of the points in this post (no clue what a CTFO is, ive been on holiday!) 
CTSFO is the counter terrorism special firearms officer, basically everyone wearing the grey jump suits and most of the high ranks. 

AKA- STKNRR - Shoot To Kill No Roleplay Required ;)

Counter terrorism and firearms officer, he used the wrong wording as our AR are not counter terrorism, just fire arms officers, so infact they are AFO's (Authorised firearms officers)

I agree with many of your points, many times when I was doing something, for example, talking to a hobo in the middle of nowhere a hunter rolls up and AR guys jump out and instantly shout hands up or you will be tased, tase me, and then leave me in a holding cell at NPAS for ages cuz they are scared to take me to HMP but they just leave me there with zero rp. A few times they rolled up to our guys doing a legal run and said "hands up or lethal force will be used" even tho our guys just wanted to talk and do their run. Sometimes when I called them to ts I heard "We don't like UNMC so we don't want to rp with you" and yet they are the ones that moan about us causing too many gunfights even when they initiate.

Counter terrorism and firearms officer, he used the wrong wording as our AR are not counter terrorism, just fire arms officers, so infact they are AFO's (Authorised firearms officers)
Sorry for not getting it correct, if i'm honest I don't know whats what anymore as you all look the same lol - But my point is still the same, regardless of what the unit is called. 

also many times you fighting rebels in a gunfight, police roll up and gets instantly involved, and then you fighting rebels /cops at the same time. 
when i was robbing a gas station, when they get the notification that you have the money received from the robbery they just stop there rp, and leave. 

I'd like to comment on this.

For starters i like the fact that you add in the issues you see with the Police in detail and are not just outright bitching. 

So getting on to it, from my understanding Armed Response is there to....well respond to armed situations, hence their weaponry. Now as Officers we all follow protocols of what needs to happen in particular situations, for example if a blasting charge is placed at HM and no RP has been initiated before placing the blasting charge, officers will arrest everyone inside the building regardless of what the intruders do/say. 

When it comes to Armed response they are within community standards a much higher trained officer when it comes down to combat positioning, combat in general, and a thing you need to know about AR and UNMC (Bringing them in to this) is they are never alone there's always someone on a hill ready to cover their colleague. 

I will leave you with this short and sweet final comment. If you want good RP then put down your weapons, and go and RP with AR, if you want to get guns out and start robbing HM's, Kidnapping officers and being a generic rebel, then expect AR and officers to respond with general force. To me it feels like you tried taking an AR hostage, got domed and now write a status about how "Unfair" it is. 

How comes when i go up to certain rebels weather that be TCK or any other gang they don't have to value their life, they can happily pull a gun without any consequences for their side, but the second and officer says "I won't allow these people to take me hostage" and he/she then fights for their life, it's seen as bad? I mean AR are trained fire arms officers, TCK are supposedly miners, but somehow are a rebel gang that to my knowledge within rp have no real combat training. Now if i am out numbered clearly for example 2 people behind me and 1 in front of me, I will not fire and i will submit, but this is my choice. If you were to take me hostage and i saw an opportunity to escape or for example to taze everyone around me without dying, I will admittedly take the opportunity and try, and that is because if you are threatening me with execution it is my RIGHT to try and escape or fight my way out.

The fact in general you are mainly targeting AR in general and not the whole police kinda shows that you have a bias towards them.

Now my question to you is why does your RP towards Officers, AR always involve some sort of guns or hostage taking? Surely if you wanted a good RP experience you'd place your guns down? 

Sorry for not getting it correct, if i'm honest I don't know whats what anymore as you all look the same lol - But my point is still the same, regardless of what the unit is called. 

Oh no im not trying to correct you or anything mate haha, just explaining to Sammat, the majority of us Get what you say 

also many times you fighting rebels in a gunfight, police roll up and gets instantly involved, and then you fighting rebels /cops at the same time. 
when i was robbing a gas station, when they get the notification that you have the money received from the robbery they just stop there rp, and leave. 
Jefke, if you were in real life having a gang war, would police not get involved and try to neutralise both parties to prevent further civilian endangerment? Many rebels have given this example and all i really understand from people saying this is "I want to be able to fight rebel groups without cops being involved" Sadly it's our job to stop gunfights and that is also apart of Police RP. 

I will leave you with this short and sweet final comment. If you want good RP then put down your weapons, and go and RP with AR, if you want to get guns out and start robbing HM's, Kidnapping officers and being a generic rebel, then expect AR and officers to respond with general force. To me it feels like you tried taking an AR hostage, got domed and now write a status about how "Unfair" it is. 
To me it feels like you've not read our points - we are complaining about how, even when given the opportunity, many officers (but especially combat focused patrols) lack RP or even the opportunity for us to RP.

The fact in general you are mainly targeting AR in general and not the whole police kinda shows that you have a bias towards them.
And we've explained why we've written so much about AR as well, we don't have a bias towards them we are writing out perspective of most situations with them and a lot of other police officers as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the main issues is that certain people only go on the server on AR patrols so they can have gunfights. And you never see them on normal patrol to have good RP situations with them.

im pretty sure, if you checked AR Timesheets against their officers log ins; they probably hardly do any normal patrols in comparison.

I'd like to comment on this.

For starters i like the fact that you add in the issues you see with the Police in detail and are not just outright bitching. 

So getting on to it, from my understanding Armed Response is there to....well respond to armed situations, hence their weaponry. Now as Officers we all follow protocols of what needs to happen in particular situations, for example if a blasting charge is placed at HM and no RP has been initiated before placing the blasting charge, officers will arrest everyone inside the building regardless of what the intruders do/say. 

When it comes to Armed response they are within community standards a much higher trained officer when it comes down to combat positioning, combat in general, and a thing you need to know about AR and UNMC (Bringing them in to this) is they are never alone there's always someone on a hill ready to cover their colleague. 

How comes when i go up to certain rebels weather that be TCK or any other gang they don't have to value their life, they can happily pull a gun without any consequences for their side, but the second and officer says "I won't allow these people to take me hostage" and he/she then fights for their life, it's seen as bad? I mean AR are trained fire arms officers, TCK are supposedly miners, but somehow are a rebel gang that to my knowledge within rp have no real combat training. Now if i am out numbered clearly for example 2 people behind me and 1 in front of me, I will not fire and i will submit, but this is my choice. If you were to take me hostage and i saw an opportunity to escape or for example to taze everyone around me without dying, I will admittedly take the opportunity and try, and that is because if you are threatening me with execution it is my RIGHT to try and escape or fight my way out.

Now my question to you is why does your RP towards Officers, AR always involve some sort of guns or hostage taking? Surely if you wanted a good RP experience you'd place your guns down? 

Oh no im not trying to correct you or anything mate haha, just explaining to Sammat, the majority of us Get what you say 
I get it mate, but the simple fact with your last quote, 'Now my question to you is why does your RP towards Officers, AR always involve some sort of guns or hostage taking? Surely if you wanted a good RP experience you'd place your guns down?', and I believe everyone will agree, this will ultimately result in us being arrested - simple, if AR aren't going to RP with us when our firearms our out, we will end up being threatening, the second you put your gun away, 90% of the time you';ll be arrested / have them removed. This DOES depend on the officer, but equally the police are the ones who set the RP 'tone' - you need to gain trust, and threatening to taze etc will only make things worse

@Jayray Holder do you see in real life gangwars, were people fighting with sniper rifles ? 
i remember when i was in the police i told the units to wait. until the fight was over. 
then arrest the remaining rebels. one you got less to deal with and the risk you lose officers is less. as majority of them got wiped out.

To me it feels like you've not read our points - we are complaining about how, even when given the opportunity, many officers (but especially combat focused patrols) lack RP or even the opportunity for us to RP.

And we've explained why we've written so much about AR as well, we don't have a bias towards them we are writing out perspective of most situations with them and a lot of other police officers as well.
But your opportunity to RP in most cases involve "Put your hands on your head"

Think like this, our job as officers is to arrest and disarm you, we DON'T have to have 20 minute long conversations with you about it, we have a role to fufil and more criminals to capture, if we disarm you, arrest you etc then our job is being done correctly. 

Many many many officer roleplay very well, some don't and it's the same with TCK, and UNMC, not every person in a faction is perfect. But i can safely say that the majority of people in the Police have great rp, if you don't believe me look at the "Recommend a player section" 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the main issues is that certain people only go on the server on AR patrols so they can have gunfights. And you never see them on normal patrol to have good RP situations with them.

im pretty sure, if you checked AR Timesheets against there officers log ins; they probably never do normal patrols.
Yes I agree BUT there are many officers that i've NEVER seen on normal patrols, take the majority of the higher ranks etc

Mate that's because recently it seems half the force on patrol ARE armed response. 

I get it mate, but the simple fact with your last quote, 'Now my question to you is why does your RP towards Officers, AR always involve some sort of guns or hostage taking? Surely if you wanted a good RP experience you'd place your guns down?', and I believe everyone will agree, this will ultimately result in us being arrested - simple, if AR aren't going to RP with us when our firearms our out, we will end up being threatening, the second you put your gun away, 90% of the time you';ll be arrested / have them removed. This DOES depend on the officer, but equally the police are the ones who set the RP 'tone' - you need to gain trust, and threatening to taze etc will only make things worse
Many people can agree with me that If you have a weapon on your back, or hands i will pull my tazer out and say "Look if you want to chat to me that's fine, but you put that gun in the car or we won't be speaking and i'll take that off of you" this is because my first role is an Officer and that obviously means upholding the law, within RP terms if you run and an officer with any weapon visible you are a threat regardless if your gun is on your back. If you have put your gun away etc then i will happily engage in conversations etc. I don't arrest every civilian with a gun out, i will ask the reasons for having the weapon etc.

For example if you come to me with an M14, and the reason you gave me is for "Hunting game" then i'd allow this providing you give me a valid name i can check on the PNC to make sure you have no gun related convictions/warrents.

Obviously some officers will downright arrest you and i disagree with this, if you are willing to cooperate then there's no reason to arrest you, maybe remove your weapon but definitely not an arrest.

Or as another example if someone comes with a rifle on their back and still has a valid reason ill put restrictions on them for example; No attachments and you can't have a magazine loaded in the rifle, and the rifle must be kept in the vehicle/backpack at all times.  But not all officers are me and some may have harsher or more lenient views. 

Yes I agree BUT there are many officers that i've NEVER seen on normal patrols, take the majority of the higher ranks etc

Mate that's because recently it seems half the force on patrol ARE armed response. 
Curley, Tadsworth, Aiden, Dredd all go on non specialised unit patrols and specialised unit patrols. But sure even if they did not go on regular patrols that is there right to do so just as it is your right to play as a rebel. I am a recruit in NCA, i prefer playing as an NCA officer rather than a normal cop (even though i still do), but again this is my choice

@Jayray Holder do you see in real life gangwars, were people fighting with sniper rifles ? 
i remember when i was in the police i told the units to wait. until the fight was over. 
then arrest the remaining rebels. one you got less to deal with and the risk you lose officers is less. as majority of them got wiped out.
Sometimes we may wait until you slaughter each other and arrest the leftovers. sometimes we may intervene and try and deal with both parties. 

Again it feels like you want to be able to "Fight gangs in peace" without the consequences of officers being involved. Sadly that's not the case, if you want to rob, kill, and have all out wars, the police will be involved and will deal with the situation in any way deemed appropriate for the police. 

I won't just allow you and other gangs to shoot each other and get away with it, i will happily move in a deal with both parties to not only get justice within RP, but to show that they are consequences. 

Many people can agree with me that If you have a weapon on your back, or hands i will pull my tazer out and say "Look if you want to chat to me that's fine, but you put that gun in the car or we won't be speaking and i'll take that off of you" this is because my first role is an Officer and that obviously means upholding the law, within RP terms if you run and an officer with any weapon visible you are a threat regardless if your gun is on your back. If you have put your gun away etc then i will happily engage in conversations etc. I don't arrest every civilian with a gun out, i will ask the reasons for having the weapon etc.

For example if you come to me with an M14, and the reason you gave me is for "Hunting game" then i'd allow this providing you give me a valid name i can check on the PNC to make sure you have no gun related convictions/warrents.

Obviously some officers will downright arrest you and i disagree with this, if you are willing to cooperate then there's no reason to arrest you, maybe remove your weapon but definitely not an arrest.

Or as another example if someone comes with a rifle on their back and still has a valid reason ill put restrictions on them for example; No attachments and you can't have a magazine loaded in the rifle, and the rifle must be kept in the vehicle/backpack at all times.  But not all officers are me and some may have harsher or more lenient views. 

Curley, Tadsworth, Aiden, Dredd all go on non specialised unit patrols and specialised unit patrols. But sure even if they did not go on regular patrols that is there right to do so just as it is your right to play as a rebel. I am a recruit in NCA, i prefer playing as an NCA officer rather than a normal cop (even though i still do), but again this is my choice

Sometimes we may wait until you slaughter each other and arrest the leftovers. sometimes we may intervene and try and deal with both parties. 

Again it feels like you want to be able to "Fight gangs in peace" without the consequences of officers being involved. Sadly that's not the case, if you want to rob, kill, and have all out wars, the police will be involved and will deal with the situation in any way deemed appropriate for the police. 

I won't just allow you and other gangs to shoot each other and get away with it, i will happily move in a deal with both parties to not only get justice within RP, but to show that they are consequences. 
Thats the whole point,you've nailed i on the head right there. SOME OFFICERS will downright arrest you, and atm it seems to be the majority, there are some excellent cops who give awesome RP regardless of the situation, but it needs to be ALL, not some. And you know we dont want our weapons taken off us so if we allow you to see the weapon and you attempt to remove it, chances are the rebels will fight for it.

how can you rp decent when the rebel is laying under fire, you cant. you know this will turns out in you getting shot/ involved that's the point we try to prove here 

Back