What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Need help !!! Need new PC

ScottyUK

Former SGT Paros
Hello everyone i need some help with getting a PC that runs arma 3 well with 60fps on ultra.

So i need some ideas of PC specs that will do the job, hopefully the guys who already run at this quality can help me out.

My budget is around £1000 - £1200 max

I am sure that I can shed a little bit of light on this for you @SPC Bacon.

The current system that I have, runs arma on Ultra with at least 50-60FPS and around 30-40FPS in Kavala.

The price of my system at the time, which was 10 months ago was around £1250.

The Specs of the System are;

• Intel Core I7 6700K
  • Nvidia Ge-Force GTX 970
  • Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard
  • 16GB DDR4 ram
  • Corsair H100I CPU Cooler
  • 250GB Samsung SSD
  • 2TB SSHD Drive
  • Windows 10
  • Corsair CX750 Power Supply
These are just some of the basics, you can tweak these to what you would like.

But remember, Arma is more CPU reliant, so it is a good idea to deck out your CPU more than your graphics card.

Hope that this helps you Bacon, if you need anymore information, then feel free to contact me on TeamSpeak.

Hello everyone i need some help with getting a PC that runs arma 3 well with 60fps on ultra.

So i need some ideas of PC specs that will do the job, hopefully the guys who already run at this quality can help me out.

My budget is around £1000 - £1200 max
Have a look at some of the other posts in this subforum and you'll see there are plenty of build posts, or have a look at some of the Computer Showcase posts.

You're ideally looking for:

Intel Core i7-4790k (strong Single-Thread Perf) or an Intel Core I7-6700k - (latest and greatest)

16GB Of DDR3 (4790k) or DDR4(6700k) memory

Motherboard to suit - doesnt matter much what you go for so long as it supports the CPU you pick.

Biggest GPU you can afford, either a 1060,1070, or 1080.

Storage wise - You want an NVME m.2 SSD if your motherboard supports it such as a Samsung 950. Then you'll want either a 500GB 2.5" ssd or a 1TB+ HDD to store majority of your games on.

PSU: 750W should be way more than enough.

Peripherals to suit your tastes, case to suit tastes.

The build above from @DSGT Kieran Rheadis a pretty good example. Use a website such as PCPartPicker to select the bits, that'll give you a rough idea of cost, let you know of compatibility issues etc. then you pick somewhere to order from. Dont forget to factor in the cost of your Windows Licence which is about £100.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DSGT Kieran Rhead and @Zeitoi noticed you both have SSD's in the examples, are SSD's worth it for a game like arma ? or will a normal hard drive do the same job , besides loading quicker etc

@DSGT Kieran Rhead and @Zeitoi noticed you both have SSD's in the examples, are SSD's worth it for a game like arma ? or will a normal hard drive do the same job , besides loading quicker etc
SSDs are indeed worth it. Every texture, model, sound etc. is stored on your drive, the faster those can be loaded, the smoother the game will run.

My PC Spec for reference is:

• Intel I7-4790k @ 4.8GHz
  • 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Memory
  • Asus Maxiumus Ranger VII Motherboard
  • Corsair H80iGT AIO Water Cooler
  • MSI Gaming6G GTX980Ti 6GB
  • 250GB SSD for Windows etc. 500GB SSD for Games, Steam etc 2TB HDD for shadowplay videos
  • Then just misc peripherals etc.
I can get 60FPS in arma on Ultra no problem on a low pop server or in Virtual Arsenal. Only a high-pop MP server like RPUK, it drops to about 50s in the countryside, and 30-40s in busy towns and cities.

SSDs are indeed worth it. Every texture, model, sound etc. is stored on your drive, the faster those can be loaded, the smoother the game will run.
*Ahem ........

please elaborate as ssd's as nobody has listed what type of ssd to purchase ;) :p :D 

*Ahem ........

please elaborate as ssd's as nobody has listed what type of ssd to purchase ;) :p :D 
Oh lionel, I think you need glasses in your old age ;)

Storage wise - You want an NVME m.2 SSD if your motherboard supports it such as a Samsung 950. Then you'll want either a 500GB 2.5" ssd or a 1TB+ HDD to store majority of your games on.

ahh cock !!! I was reading your latest reply not the earlier one. 

I SHOULD BE POONISHED 
databank_bossnass_01_169_ef11c0db.jpeg

Back