What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Need help with a new computer

OskarG

Hey guys, my current comptuer is absolutely #!@#, and I am saving up for a new one.

I found one interesting and cheap, and it has the current specs.

Intel Core i7-4790, Socket-LGA1150

Gainward GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

ASUS LGA1150 B85M-G

Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5” SSD

can anyone come with any opinion on this and if I would be able to run newer games, for example arma 3?

I know absolutely nothing about computers, so any advice and help is highly appreciated.

Hey guys, my current comptuer is absolutely #!@#, and I am saving up for a new one.

I found one interesting and cheap, and it has the current specs.

Intel Core i7-4790, Socket-LGA1150

Gainward GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

ASUS LGA1150 B85M-G

Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5” SSD

can anyone come with any opinion on this and if I would be able to run newer games, for example arma 3?

I know absolutely nothing about computers, so any advice and help is highly appreciated.
Yeah that should be fine mate. I have the 4790k so it can be overclocked - though even at standard clocks i get 60FPS in arma no problem.

That should be fine for running newer games. It's a bit short on storage though, 250gb won't go far so you'd want to put an additional hard disk in there. Mechanical drives can be had for basically nothing.

Is this being sold by a person or store? what's the asking price?

Yeah that should be fine mate. I have the 4790k so it can be overclocked - though even at standard clocks i get 60FPS in arma no problem.

That should be fine for running newer games. It's a bit short on storage though, 250gb won't go far so you'd want to put an additional hard disk in there. Mechanical drives can be had for basically nothing.

Is this being sold by a person or store? what's the asking price?
tThe one in mine 3TB was cheaper than the 1TB version so keep an eye out for dem discounts <3

@Zeito thx man!

its from a store that sells a complete pack with all the components, I just have to build it myself

the asking price is approx. 791 quid, is that too pricey?

Last edited by a moderator:
No that's about spot on. You could possibly shop around and get the components individually cheaper, but then there's shipping etc.

It's fair price for one place to send it all to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright thanks man, so my quest is to get a bigger harddrive

last question is, do you think it'll be difficult for a rookie to put a computer together, when I have all the parts? 

last question is, do you think it'll be difficult for a rookie to put a computer together, when I have all the parts? 
It's surprisingly easy! just watch through one of LinusTechTips how to build tutorials and everything is explained to you, and if you ever need help there's loads of experienced and semi-experienced ish (like myself) who may be able to help you!

I have more or less the same build actually. I put in a 1TB and had to go with a 4690k however everything else is the same. Absolute tank runs Arma with absolutely no problem and any other game I tried it runs perfect. 

Don't press too hard on anything..

I believe magnetic screwdrivers make it easier to put the screws in awkward places..

Get good quality thermal paste as well!

My 11 year old lad build his first pc and that was without help from me and just reading the instructions, I basiclly said, if you break it you not getting new one so he spend a few hours watching videos and reading the manuals lol

Add another 3TB HDD as D: Drive and install the 250gb SSD as C:Drive with your os on it. However I'd recommend going with i5-4690k unless youre aiming for something that is requiring a whole lot of cpu. Make sure you go with a proper cooler, for less noise and ofc since Intel apparently have stopped adding the stock fan to their cpu's. Also going for 16 gigabytes of RAM is not a bad investment, something I've found out working with Unreal Engine, Adobe softwares etc.

If you need any guides of how to build a PC, i built mine by watching NeweggTV's tutorials a few times.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back