What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Need some Tec help!

Bullitt

So my 7 year old son watches a lot of You Tube gaming videos mainly Lego Star Wars & Minecraft, anyway he wants to start making his own so I said I would help & do some father & son recordings.

We tried using just my headset microphone only but he sounded rather quiet so I bought a microphone from Amazon nothing fancy as I am on a tight budget & set it up in a way we could both use it but unless you are really close again we sound very quiet. I have activated microphone boost & increased the settings up to 100%.

I understand the microphone I purchased is probably not the best but I got it now & I am really stuck with the equipment I have.

My question is can I use 2 microphones simultaneously without splashing out on a mixer or any other expensive piece of equipment? 

My Spec's

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

• i5 3570K with Gigabyte Z77-D3H motherboard
  • Asus Xonar DG 7.1 PCI sound card
  • I also have 7.1 dolby usb sound card at my disposal.
​Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Virtual Audio cable does this. Had it before installing my SSD, you need to get the cracked version or else you keep hearing 'trial' over and over again

Try recording the sound through Audacity (Free software) then sync it up to the footage you are commentating on.

I'll add this video here as well, as it might help further down the line. 

I beilive you can use OBS and virtual audio cable in conjunction to have multiple mics. I saw it being used on a live steam but how he actually did it idk.

Hmm after a bit of research I am thinking an omni-directional mic is what is required.

Even though I don't really want to buy another mic any suggestions?

Its not a perfect solution, but will be the cheapest and easiest. the other ways can work as well but can be a pain in the arse to setup. (really annoying how windows 7 broke the way windows handled audio :( use to have 3 soundcards to handle different apps it was AWESOME!!)

you can manually balance volume by moving the mics closer and further away from your mouth's

Audio splitter

Good luck :)

Back