What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New Civilian Profession: Coroner

Dean Hastings

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
Brief Summary:
Add the job of Coroner to civilians as a job they can do. NOT WHITELISTED.

d0df47c067c940b6dcb8f1a90264ed53.png

Detailed Suggestion:
My proposal is to include the role of being a Coroner to the island as a job that Civilians can do. 

"Whats a Coroner do?" A Coroner has multiple roles but one of those is to retrieve the deceased to take them to a Morgue. In-game this can work in two ways:

1, When a person dies as they often do and RP their death NHS/Police can contact The Coroners to come and pickup the body and take it to a morgue. This would require that bodies don't instantly dissapear when a player dies. To prevent clutter I propose that players bodies only vanish after say 30 minutes? I think if you retrieve a players body from whitelisted groups this should be a decent amount of money because player deaths should not be a regular thing. 

2, Like the Taxi we could have random NPC deaths, even methods of death, so rather than just coming across a corpse that's just dead, there could be clues as to how the NPC died and when returning the body to the coroners office you get an option from a multiple choice to choose how they died, if you get it right you get a bonus. This is via a dispatch system like Taxi, not just returning every random NPC body you find as that would be OP. I think the value you get for this should be distance based like the Taxi is based on distance etc

What I propose above could be tiered like the Mechanic. So as you rank up by doing the job you start off with NPC jobs, then move up to jobs that get rang in by NHS/ Police or even G6 (prison only). 

I think the Tier system should work as follows:

Tier 4: Can recieve dispatches from Prison deaths to attend Prison and be accompanied by G6 to take away dead prisoners. (I know they respawn in Prison but its roleplay)

Tier 3: Can recieve NHS/Police dispatches and perform autopsys to determine a players cause of death via a mini-game

Tier 2: Can determine cause of death to NPC bodies to recieve a potential bonus upon dropping off at the Morgue

Tier 1: Can recieve NPC Dispatches

These jobs can go even further in in-game interactions such as a mini-game that allows Coroners in the autopsy room  to determine a cause of death or not which could be evidenced to Police. This creates the potential not only for Coroner Groups to set up but also compete for Police Jobs whereby the whitelisted services will develop a preference for the most reliable Coroner who can perform autopsys of bodies they attend where there has been a death to investigate. 

Here is the funny thing about this, Coroners actually have a fully fleshed out facility already in-game with an autopsy suite, morgues and a reception aswell as a forensics lab, office room, small kitchen, file storage room ALL already in the game! This place is locked behind closed doors but I'm sure some dev magic could delete those doors giving access to an amazing place. Here is the facility I'm talking about: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Los_Santos_County_Coroner_Office

Coroners do so much IRL and are actually Judicial Officers who investigate causes of death reported to them. There's lots of RP interaction in this role aswell as another method to make money, its not all fetch quests and coroners would also play a key role in courts as well. 

Management: In the UK most coroners are under the control of a local authority so this would make sense to go under Judges with the ability to remove the license or ban people from the profession should they abuse it. Whether Police can or not I guess thats a topic to discuss in the thread if people want this.

Gruppe 6: As a government facility this would give another significant location for Gruppe 6 to look after.

The proposed van and uniform are only an idea and not necessarily what would be used in-game. 

Van for Coroners: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/addon-vapid-speedo-coroner-van-by-smaen

Uniform for Coroners: https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/character/9169-true-coroners/

The Pros:
New RP role!
More RP interactions!
New Civilian Profession with strong RP potential!
Another civilian role to make money

The Cons:
I don't see any

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
Not really

Last edited by a moderator:
I like idea add more RP and saves NHS just DNR people so big +1 from me-

Could even have tiered vehicles. There's two in that mod I posted plus I don't know, a hurse? lol

plus 1 for me, always good with more jobs

instead off body sitting there ect could be body bags? like good old arma days just no loot
I've been looking at existing scripts and one is a body you find that you've recieved a dispatch for, you pack up the body into a bag, then carry the bodybag with the body in to the van and then pack it away. Then you get a mop and mop up the blood 😮 and then drive to the morgue 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a fantastic idea BUT my only question is (this is only for the non npc characters) as a member of the NHS its extremely rare that a player dies, so my question is how would a coronor work if a human played character doesnt die 99% of the time? either way +1 from mw but it just means death would have to be happening more a lot more

This is a fantastic idea BUT my only question is (this is only for the non npc characters) as a member of the NHS its extremely rare that a player dies, so my question is how would a coronor work if a human played character doesnt die 99% of the time? either way +1 from mw but it just means death would have to be happening more a lot more
could also just be used in one of those "once in a blue moon" kind of thing, so incase someone does actually die you can call them

could also just be used in one of those "once in a blue moon" kind of thing, so incase someone does actually die you can call them
To be fair that's why I said it should be a decent amount of money, it should be rare.

I've been looking at existing scripts and one is a body you find that you've recieved a dispatch for, you pack up the body into a bag, then carry the bodybag with the body in to the van and then pack it away. Then you get a mop and mop up the blood 😮 and then drive to the morgue 
What about another sort of role for the people that do the cleaning? Let them clean up blood, etc in places like the hospital, then maybe have them bring the waste back to their hq and get their money from trading that in?

To be fair that's why I said it should be a decent amount of money, it should be rare.
True but if its to rare maybe people wouldnt do it, im just guessing here i mean they would have the NPC jobs which is obviously good im just saying from an nhs point of view were told that if the person is responsice reguardless of injury then we have to basically save them we cant say "well hes been shot in the head so hes dead" all because the player is responsive, if that got resolved so that NHS could actually make life and death decisions based on injuried then player based eaths for this job would be less rare but not as frequent plus it would give people more of a reaosn to value their life becuaase thye know if NHS gets them no matter what they get picked up and job done. Like i said i love the whole idea of this and hope it gets impimented i just think for the player based jobs not the NPC death would need looking at so the job actually happens. This is all obviouosly my opinion and some will agree and some will disagree lol

+1 from me, Would be a unique job with many possibilities and RP

Back