What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New headshot mechanics

Not exactly, we dont want every Tom, Dick and Harry running around with a pistol as they are amazing and remove the need for the larger weapons (Due to it always being a one shot headshot and a majority of people using Crosshair X
i feel like certain measures can be implemented in RP as a deterrent to selling every Tom, Dick and Harry pistols as they must have a supplier so maybe some way to see who is producing and therefore selling them to these certain people, i dont think nerfing pistols into the ground will stop this as its a server mentality of selling guns to anyone who somewhat earns your trust after a week or so

i feel like certain measures can be implemented in RP as a deterrent to selling every Tom, Dick and Harry pistols as they must have a supplier so maybe some way to see who is producing and therefore selling them to these certain people, i dont think nerfing pistols into the ground will stop this as its a server mentality of selling guns to anyone who somewhat earns your trust after a week or so
We are already reviewing this, and this number is constantly being watched by the development team for small and large weapons. Although I am inclined to agree 🙂

Not exactly, we dont want every Tom, Dick and Harry running around with a pistol as they are amazing and remove the need for the larger weapons (Due to it always being a one shot headshot and a majority of people using Crosshair X 🤮.

Just to check, are you saying the same as it was before or the same as it is now

I appreciate the feedback that everyone is providing here and it is very useful. We, as a development team, will take a look at the options presented and see what is possible to make the experience more enjoyable. I will leave this open just so people can continue to add views and suggestions, so long as they stay constructive and it doesn't turn into update/dev bashing. Thanks everyone.
I didn't mean everyone going around with a pistol what i meant in my comment is that if people are going around with guns, out of all the guns the pistols should technically be the most common. (not saying there should be a shit ton of people going around with them)

As for the Crosshair X thing i have to agree the fact that it is annoying that there is people using it and also acknowledge the fact that it is impossible to monitor considering nowadays even the Monitors have crosshairs integrated so its just something we gotta live with unfortunately even though i completely disagree with them being used in the first place because this isn't supposed to be a fragging server and funny enough the people that use it are also the ones complaining about the winning mentality of the server.

I see your point but i feel like people have said it quite well in the thread the only reason why pistols outshine the bigger guns is the ability to use them in vehicles it is an undeniable fact that if you are in a car you have an advantage in mobility while if you are running around you are an easy target but that's why for that fact what we need to look at is what makes the pistols appealing and not what can we do to make them less appealing but not to the point of no use. Hence, why the suggestion for first person on cars for pistols which in my opinion at least seems like the better one to try and fix this and if it doesn't work we can move one step further by nerfing headshot damage a bit or nerfing damage while using guns in vehicles for example.

The selling guns to everyone mentality i also agree, i think people sell guns to randoms to easily  but to be honest this is a hard one to change considering gangs don't "really" produce guns.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is a 7 shot kill then i agree it should be changed as 1 or 2 headshots would kill realistically. Maybe if they could randomise the headshots so its different per person that would be pretty cool. would be like the national lottery XD

But like Devs have stated above crosshairs and people just shooting people and abusing there weapons also ruins RP for players so i see their points also.

I am on the edge here so will give it a +1 solely because i feel 1 or 2 head shots would kill. 

Making the headshot damage less is actually better for the members of the community of crosshair x users as they tend to aim a bit more accurately.

In situations of gunfights people will be found to be shot 6 times in the head and be able to shoot back.

In situations of execution RP a character will tank a bullet to the skull and still stand up straight doesn't fall back. 

People will not RP being shot in the head 6 times and will make it very unrealistic. It is also very unsatisfying to shoot someone in the head once and their character seems to barely flinch. 

I feel there is a solution to this. Something similar to this:

https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-kd-damage-simple-damage-script-fallover-when-shot/975906 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Basically when someone is shot they fall over but they are not dead (basically they cannot shoot back immediately). Still can tank 9 shots like 50 Cent. But much more realistic and satisfying for the shooter.

I actually like the fact headshots are not 1 shot anymore but I do think maybe 2/3 is more realistic than 7/8 to be killed with.

What about a way to protect yourself from headshots, such as the helmet that was previously the go to, however instead of being able to purchase these from a clothing store it was something that you have to craft similar to the "bullet proof vests" everyone wears. It would also become degraded after taking a bullet to the head, and like armour crashes and falls would also affect it. Making it so that the pistols themselves are not so overused as there is the chance that someone could be wearing/using it meaning there is a less likely chance to kill someone, in turn it would be more favourable to use a larger weapon, and a possible decline in cheaper pistols being the one stop shop. ( Idea stolen from @Archie)

This means that pistols are still effective, but not so much to the point that something costing "x" amount compared to something costing "4x" can do the exact same thing. The armour could also be changed to become less effective to higher calibre weapons such as the heavy/.50/revolver meaning that smaller weapons such as the m1911 would take more shots to degrade the armour, such being more realistic without changing the weapons themselves all that much.

Just an idea.

I personally like the new way it works, however, small adjustments to it will take a little bit less bullets for pistols would be better.

can add a lot more, but... RP first, right? =D

6 hours ago, Dinzzy_K said:

Making the headshot damage less is actually better for the members of the community of crosshair x uses as tend to aim a bit more accurately.

In situations of gunfights people will be found to be shot 6 times in the head and be able to shoot back.

In situations of execution RP a character will tank a bullet to the skull and still stand up straight doesn't fall back. 

People will not RP being shot in the head 6 times and will make it very unrealistic. It is also very unsatisfying to shoot someone in the head once and their character seems to barely flinch. 

I feel there is a solution to this. Something similar to this:

https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-kd-damage-simple-damage-script-fallover-when-shot/975906 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If falling over ever came to RPUK, there would be no RPUK that shits aids 

What about a way to protect yourself from headshots, such as the helmet that was previously the go to, however instead of being able to purchase these from a clothing store it was something that you have to craft similar to the "bullet proof vests" everyone wears. It would also become degraded after taking a bullet to the head, and like armour crashes and falls would also affect it. Making it so that the pistols themselves are not so overused as there is the chance that someone could be wearing/using it meaning there is a less likely chance to kill someone, in turn it would be more favourable to use a larger weapon, and a possible decline in cheaper pistols being the one stop shop. ( Idea stolen from @Archie)

This means that pistols are still effective, but not so much to the point that something costing "x" amount compared to something costing "4x" can do the exact same thing. The armour could also be changed to become less effective to higher calibre weapons such as the heavy/.50/revolver meaning that smaller weapons such as the m1911 would take more shots to degrade the armour, such being more realistic without changing the weapons themselves all that much.

Just an idea.
Sounds like a great idea xD not just because I came up with it 😉

Just to check, are you saying the same as it was before or the same as it is now
Preferably the damage done to body before with the headshot damage I suggested.

Really a marksman should basically 1 tap

Rev should be 2 to the body 1 to the head

deagle should be 4/5 to the body 1 to the head

heavy 5/6 to the body 2 to the head

I think thats roughly what the body shots were before.

Though I understand it will be a pain in the ass the dev that in, that would be ideal to balance things a little more. Even making the other pistols other than what I suggested a little worse to like 4 headshots. Those pistols are easier to get hold off so makes sense they should be a little worse of damage wise, the rest are not as easy for anyone to gain.

Just an idea.
+1. I think this would be a great alternative of balancing RPUK weapons in a way which is effective and within roleplay, however still allows for handguns to be effective when they need to be. I really like this idea and would like to see it implemented into the server as it still encourages the use of high power weapons yet still allows for pistol users to be effective.

When people say “realistic “it should be 1-2 headshot. Is kind of funny to me. I fully understand it, but when I see these people running around the server like they are iron men. Running into fights and not valuing their lives. When 1 bullet will end their live. Not roleplaying the injuries from these bullet wounds. Getting back up and into the fight 15-20 minutes later.

This isn’t an issue with the guns. It’s an issue with the player base who will rather shoot things out instead of role play. Wanting to just shoot all day.

I fully get I’m most likely going to get backlash for this. But people need to take a look at themselves and see that the reason the gun changed happened. Is because of what they did, they caused this to happen in the first place.

It’s like hitting your toe with a hammer and blaming the person next to you for not stopping you 

Now how can this be fixed. Yes the amount of head shots is not fun, I get that. 

My idea is rather radical but will address this, remove the “problem” guns. Everyone just wants the “best” guns for shooting. Level them all out. All do the same damage. Then the reason you get a bigger gun is for the faster rounds per minute. Range, spread. 

I get it, it’s a game, but we need to find a middle ground. 

Completely agree to pay 200k + for a pistol and spend 25k on bullets for the gun to not one tap someone its just stupid. It takes around 4 hours of grinding in RP to get enough for a pistol to shoot someone 7 times in the head. 

@Dinzzy_K I like this idea however I feel as someone said above no one will step out of their cars and will add to the shooting out of cars meta

@Readshaw95 I also agree with this aswell you have to find that connection to who would actually sell you a gun in the first place, I have not come across many new people getting a hold of guns either so I don't see where the problem lies with this either

So to stop rocket league 1 taps were removed but that then furthered the rocket league meta so to speak by making people run each other over more or shotgun off bikes? This change was made to better the state of the server but seeing it in actions has made it worse. I'd rather get 1 tapped by someone in some sort of confrontation and defend myself rather than go over the bonnet of a car like some defenseless dickhead 

I feel like changing the damage to guns does not change anything , in fact makes melee weapons now more powerful and felt a bit like a troll at one point. Seen a few videos of people killing multiple people with guns using a melee weapon. I guess this is just part of the testing if these changes are helping in tackling the problem of how overpowered pistols could be. 

Recoil - i think adding recoil , starting of with minimal recoil changes the dynamics of gun fights , the whole reason pistols are overpowering is its ability to headshot someone with a single bullet ( realistic as it should be ) it removes the purpose of larger guns on on foot altercations. Recoil should be much greater in vehicles to deter people from the current rocket league meta. 

Speaking of meta we see it happen all the time , there will always be a new meta if one thing gets removed or nerfed, from super cars now being expensive and scraping meta introduced , hellions being replaced by jesters , helicopters returning with revolver meta , QRA now being introduced to combat that and now sawn off meta on bikes as thats the only gun now that actually kills someone with a single shot along with melee weapons. People will always find something that gives the most advantage to them , as much as its a serious RP server , a lot of people will be thinking from a gaming point of view. 

First person in car/ damage dealt by weapons in a vehicle by 30-40% - Very simple and effective , a lot of other servers do it to combat the rocket league meta , or at least heavily reduce damage whilst inside of a vehicle. 

Another underlying problem - Crosshair X , instant aim and headshot with pistols so recoil wont effect that intial headshot  > , people will feel recoil only after multiple rounds shot continuously.  

Pros - change gunplay dynamics - Car fights will be heavily reduced . With recoil 

Cons - dev work , dev dork and some more dev work ..... and a little bit more dev work 

I think the overzealous use of guns should be an issue dealt with within the rp of the server.

If someone wants to be constantly using firearms as a criminal like its world war 4 then let them, then punish and prosecute to the highest order. Let the community regulate itself.

In doing so they should also lower the costs of manufacturing and stuff. Make some of them more accessible rather than so heavily gated. Let the comm police itself effectively. Its more organic and less about rules and you might, after a while as the shitlords get a free reign on it all for a while and the zits pop as they get all their guns out, find that with more harsh penalties imposed for firearms and murders (thats effectively what it would be irl) the shitlords would either learn,  adapt and be more mature or they would go off and play gta instead of gta rp.

Hoping to add some transparency to this.

We made the change as a development team to help better balance the weapons. Before, the pistols were the go to one stop shop for criminals due to them being overpowered by nature. The route we have currently decided to go down is change something called the damage multiplier on each of the weapons (there is another method to edit these weapons, but it is incredibly tedious and time consuming). Primarily on this version we have focused on decreasing nearly all pistols (by varying amounts, most expensive the least, cheapest the most), and some larger weapons to make them slightly better. 

When discussing the point of "sponging" we came to the conclusion that "in terms of 'things that are not fully real', in our world, this is barely a surprise. Given how far we can jump, how fast we can survive crashes, how many times a day we can be unconscious and recover without even a scratch... it's just another magical factor of Los Hogwarts". We are currently looking into other mitigating factors such as ammo capacities, and ammo cost.

We are reviewing this change constantly and looking for constructive feedback. General complaints, Reeee, and Bad Taste Jokes aren't constructive and do not help us make changes for the better. We are also looking at additional changes to make this inline with the rest of the server such as inventory changes, but these are still being discussed internally.

As a development team we are here to try and make the experience as enjoyable for the mass of the player base hence why we try to listen to and act upon feedback where possible, although we need time and constructive comments to work with in order to mould the server into what the community, development and management team want to see

I hope this helps shine some light on the recent changes and reinforces that we, as a development team, as always looking out for the best of the server and are constantly listening to feedback from the player base.
Due to the high number of upvotes, is it likely that this will be reverted back to a single headshot to kill somebody and the general gun mechanics changed back?

Back