What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New Hospital (And with it a new approach to Medical RP)

ThomasF

Hey Folks, 

So this has been an idea I've has for a while and I thought to bring it here as well as Internally with NHS. The idea like the title says is to bring in a new hospital map and along with it a new approach to Civilian Interactions with NHS and Medical RP as a whole. This implementation would mean the demise of the much loved Pillbox Medical Centre but with it fresh opportunities and new Life into what is already an amazing NHS.

The Hospital in Question would be the Mount Zonah Medical Centre. Located in Rockford Hills near City Hall, This Multi-floor Hospital will cater for all the needs of patients and allow for more in-depth and long term Medical RP. 

So what makes this hospital different from Pillbox? Well,

gn_mountzonah_hospital_architecture_emergency.png

Starting here with the Ground/First Floor, We have 5 Consultants Rooms which can be used by the NHS for diagnosis, GP Appointments, Check-Ups or even More discrete medical conditions. Alongside that, More advanced X-ray and MRI Rooms allow for better imaging for patients and shorter wait times for results meaning that we can get you back up on your feet much quicker than before. 

Looking at the top of the image, we can see the first floor which has a pharmacy where Bandages and prescriptions can be collected after procedures along with several offices for Staff to use to write up medical reports.

gn_mountzonah_hospital_architecture_room.png

Now this image is the real Icing on the Cake, The Whole Floor is a dedicated Long Term Care Ward and Intensive Care Unit. Equipped with the latest equipment and 10 Long term Stay Rooms, We would be more than equipped for Long Term Medical RP Alongside this, Dedicated Admin Offices for Members of Command allowing meetings to go on undisturbed within the hospital. This would benefit the NHS's Hospital Care unit allowing them to partake in long term Medical RP.

gn_mountzonah_hospital_architecture_operation.png

On the subject of New and improved, New and improved Surgery rooms would allow for a wider range of procedues to be performed and a larger lab will allow for more research to be performed in to new painkillers, antibiotics etc. All of which contributing to a vastly improved medical RP and overall a more enjoyable time with NHS.

gn_mountzonah_hospital_architecture_carpack.png

This picture sums up one of the main issues we face as NHS. Parking. To solve this, Underground parking for civilians allowing them to park their car securely without blocking the paths of ambulances or other emergency vehicles. Maybe the potential for the Parking script to add a garage here would make this a great place for storing cars whilst staying at the hospital.

gn_mountzonah_hospital_architecture_helipad.png

And finally, Bringing new life into our Helimed and HART Team, a new Helipad capable of supporting both HELIMED-99 and HELIMED-98 allowing for a better flowing patient intake and improved response times.

Now about the new approach to Medical RP.

I personally feel that we should enforce some form of baseline for interacting with Medics even if it is the use of /me to describe injuries or even a Skeleton Script like the image below
Y2aCUHcqNz.jpg

This would allow us Medics to see areas that are injured and treat according to the injuries sustained even if the patient is unconscious or AFK. It would also bring to an end the meta of saying they simply scraped their knee after falling 100+ft or being pumped full of lead. More information on this kind of script can be found here.

That brings to an end my suggestion for the NHS, Now feel free to comment ideas or critisism but please make sure that when reading this, you also see it from our perspective, NHS are not just there to pick you up after you die in game, We want to make RP with you also, look at this as a chance to get the best RP around.

- Benji 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great idea and would be a welcome addition for medics and the rest of the server.. The main issue is, who would be paying for the assets if this was implemented.

Would certainly make me want to revive my medic, would like to see a shift from Pillbox to something like this and the diagnosis as information as well.

Love the idea! Definitely got my vote

I like it you have my support and my vote it would make it better for NHS and it would make better roleplay scenario and there wouldnt be ridiculous situations like i fell from this bridge hit my head but im not feeling any pain

This needs adding. I love this suggestion so much

Amazing, i like it a lot, upvoted

A nice different interior to the 3 existing hospitals we have and a nice big parking

But, which place would it suit best, the unused hospital near impound or the one in front of City hall

Actually scratch what i said about near impound, that one is closer to Pillbox than the one at City Hall, and i believe this design only suits the building near city hall anyways.

Development for the NHS... no way! (joking Recon/Archie, dont hurt me)

I think this looks ace - always good to get a revamp of interiors, keeps things fresh and enjoyable for medics and all other players 🙂 

can't wait to walk into that hospital with 15 fps, hell yeah brother
surprisingly, i have had experience with this MLO and it is fairly well optimized with little to no FPS drop at all.  I appreciate your concern as I don't have the most powerful PC in the world and often run into issues like that but it runs very smooth.

The map itself looks great, along with the added space for interaction with members of the public, nice idea.

Back