What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New jobs

Alesia

Hobo first class
Brief Summary:

A few new jobs to add to the server to add more to do and more variety

Detailed Suggestion:

Job 1: Diver

The diver job would be split in 3 levels:
Level 0: Dive down the piers and collect things like shells. Shells can be sold to the fishing shop for an ok price as it has the risk of you drowning.
Level 1: You unlock diving gear, and you'll be able to dive down deeper sections in the ocean and collect mussels which you can either sell to the fishing shop or to local restaurants who can process this into food
Level 2: you unlock a wetsuit (that isn't the same colour as police and doesn't make you bald like the police does). With this you can dive down to specific parts of the ocean like fishing pools to collect pearls. Collecting pearls is illegal and can get you arrested. Pearls can be sold to the fishing shop for a good price as it is high risk, a shark can spawn and bite you, and you can drown.

Job 2: Uranium (illegal)

Uranium as a job where you have to collect it from the Davis Quartz and go to the refine it as a specific location. After that it can be sold to the power plant (close to the police evidence lot). It should be limited to how much can be mined a day (like max 500), and it should affect the health of the person doing this (like give them blurry vision after a while) and is highly illegal.

Job 3: Postal service (legal)

With this job you'd go around in a postal van going to houses on your GPS and delivering post. You don't get paid a lot, just enough to buy food, water and fuel. But you get paid.

The Pros:

+ New stuff to do
+ More stuff to do than the same jobs
+ More ways to earn money

The Cons:

- People can use their working gear for the diver job to escape from the police, and they might whine about it
- Dev work & time

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Not that much, ngl. But the civilians will get access to diving bottles

Uranium as a job where you have to collect it from the Davis Quartz
Why would this not just be Quartz Mining? (Could still be illegal) It makes no sense to me that a Quartz mine is where you mine for Uranium... 

Job 3: Postal service (legal)

With this job you'd go around in a postal van going to houses on your GPS and delivering post. You don't get paid a lot, just enough to buy food, water and fuel. But you get paid.
It has to be profitable for those doing this job, without it being profitable it's just another job and another thing that won't be used at all. IMO if it's not going to be profitable for those picking it up it's not worth the Dev time making it. 

Level 2: you unlock a wetsuit (that isn't the same colour as police and doesn't make you bald like the police does). With this you can dive down to specific parts of the ocean like fishing pools to collect pearls. Collecting pearls is illegal and can get you arrested. Pearls can be sold to the fishing shop for a good price as it is high risk, a shark can spawn and bite you, and you can drown.
What would be in place to stop people farming for level 2 and then selling this equipment to people so they can skip straight to the better method of money? Do you propose a hard cap where if your diving profession isn't level 2 you can't pick them up? 

I'm just trying to get a full understanding and make things make sense is all. I like the ideas I myself would just like more clarification on the things I have addressed above. 

Why would this not just be Quartz Mining? (Could still be illegal) It makes no sense to me that a Quartz mine is where you mine for Uranium...
It was a random mine location I was thinking about, as I don't think it would be a good idea to do this at the normal mine as that wouldn't make much sence (the radiation from uranium would fuck over the entire mine). You could add it to the normal mine, but it would also be harder for police to find out that person is doing uranium. As far as I'm aware, there are only 2 mine locations in LS. Davis quartz and the normal mine which is already used.

It has to be profitable for those doing this job, without it being profitable it's just another job and another thing that won't be used at all. IMO if it's not going to be profitable for those picking it up it's not worth the Dev time making it. 
This would be like the food deliveries, you don't get paid much, but you get paid. You'll be making profit, but not much. The food deliveries atm don't pay much but people do them now to get licences to do better stuff, like trucking

What would be in place to stop people farming for level 2 and then selling this equipment to people so they can skip straight to the better method of money? Do you propose a hard cap where if your diving profession isn't level 2 you can't pick them up? 
There is no problem on giving or selling equipment who ain't level 2, as they could do some activities with them off duty. Like for example 2 friends could go out diving together because they're bored and want to explore the ocean a bit more. However, if person A gives person B a scuba tank, and person B isn't a LV1 diver and wants to pick up a mussel, or a pearl, they would get told that they're not skilled enough to pick this up. So then they have the tank, but all they can do is dive with it and maybe get some extra help with collecting shells

It was a random mine location I was thinking about, as I don't think it would be a good idea to do this at the normal mine as that wouldn't make much sence (the radiation from uranium would fuck over the entire mine). You could add it to the normal mine, but it would also be harder for police to find out that person is doing uranium. As far as I'm aware, there are only 2 mine locations in LS. Davis quartz and the normal mine which is already used.
Yeah, my only gripe is that it wouldn't suddenly become overran with uranium, keep it as a quartz mine and just make it an illegal activity I.E: You're stealing quartz and selling it illegally. 

Back