What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NEW MEDICAL UPDATE

Stic

While I understand the intent and the thoughts behind the new medical update, for the average playing CRIM character I feel it makes the server very unenjoyable to play.

Pillbox collect box:
While I think it is a fair addition that guns and other illegal items have a chance of getting taken when placed in a hospital, adding a higher aspect of "realism". However, the fact that once someone is down with an illegal item, there are 0 ways to guarantee the illegal item is kept, even when down in a completely safe area, with no threats. Currently, you can go to the hospital or dodgy someone. A dodgy costing 50k and no guarantee you will survive, this means you can lose items worth items from 200k to 1mil in value with little to no RP happening, maybe you fall off your bike or fall off a building, and you may have now lost hours of work, with the only interaction is someone picking you and checking you into a hospital. While you can call NHS there is no guarantee there is any online.
A solution to this issue is there to be some other way for criminals to be able to guarantee the survival of a downed criminal, this could be a dodgy that has a 100% success rate, a criminal hospital that costs money to use but takes longer than a dodgy, or be able to pass your weapon to people when down. All are mere suggestions and have their ups and downs. Other ways may be more appropriate.

New Medical Tarkov Bone Breaking Stuff:
While the idea is very cool and adds a whole new aspect to the server, the AMOUNT of bandages it takes just to be able to walk again after a broken leg is outrageous for a game. I think a broken leg should be healed in 2 bandages at least to the point of walking until you can see a doctor. I feel this whole new medical aspect takes the sense of realism too far. While it is a RP server, it still needs aspects to feel like a game. This is just a brief opinion, I think there are many over work arounds to make this a better update for all. 

Cheers.

Mate I've got so many injuries I'm a walking corpse. Be walking round looking like a mummy to get myself half health 

+1 Even though it is a serious rp server it is still a game at the end of the day and it shouldn't be so hard to heal yourself. Even medics can't be bothered healing people

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 Nhs couldn't be bothered before this thing but taking 5 bandages per injured body part + getting injuries over small things is just annoying and ruining a lot of peoples fun on the server 

I get that its supposed to make the server more fun but when nhs is sat there for 20 minutes constantly applying bandages on you it ruins the rp for both of you  +1

massive plus 1 

I get its to add more roleplay, but its more annoying than anything.

Maybe add a better medkit for a little more that will fix all injuries almost like what the old bandages did.

The NHS locals taking weapons is so demotivating you sit driving a taxi for hours because thats the only job worth doing to get a gun to loose it to a script not even a player.

(my opinion)

no offence but its the single worst thing. i don't think this update is for the NHS at all, after being questing this is what TBJ said.

"You can if you're designing the game and have (as near as dammit) the whole picture and know the true intent of the server. That's not to say we won't listen, but remember we may not be designing this game purely for you... we're trying to design it for a wide range of people, and the focus at RPUK has always been on 'Serious RP' over 'fragging game'. If you want to play 'ordinary' GTA fragfests, there are a hundred other servers out there that will be glad of your support. If you want to play more serious 'life arc' kinds of improv, drama, and everything else associated with a deeper dive into character development, then we aim to please, and are constantly trying to evolve things in that direction. Every update is a step, which takes many, many hours of work and testing and iterative feedback to balance correctly." 

this isn't aimed at anyone but it seems more like its to stop gangs and slow the waring down. I do admit its a lot RN but its because the sever is dry and its all there is to do which is fun for anyone who has been hear for a while. So instead of fixing this issue properly seems like a way to stop waring and risk annoying everyone and waiting for people to get use to it. I have heard so many NHS staff moan about it and one walked out on my friend cos of how many people there was. I just don't see how this is actually positive for the city in anyway

I suffer really bad with nauseous and motion sickness so I cant use motion blur and when my eyes go fuzzy its honestly making me feel genuinely sick and its making the city unplayable

+1 Honestly feels like I'm on Tarkov like its just too realistic in my opinion. The risk of loosing the gun to an NPC is kind of shitty as well just doesn't make it enjoyable. 

+1

You've spent a lot of precious hours and done some amazing work for something nobody asked for rather than listening to the community.

Why don't we all just take a week to experience this new update that the teams have spent so much of their own free time working on

Lean the mechanics and how to live with them and then think how it could be adjusted if needed to balance

Remember RPUK is supposed to be a serious RP server and this update has the bonus of making people think of their actions now

Why don't we all just take a week to experience this new update that the teams have spent so much of their own free time working on

Lean the mechanics and how to live with them and then think how it could be adjusted if needed to balance

Remember RPUK is supposed to be a serious RP server and this update has the bonus of making people think of their actions now
I think the issue a lot of people have is that you can get injured over the smallest things and it takes so long to recover from these injuries, for example I scraped a locals car on accident so he ripped me off my bike causing me to have 5 severe head injuries and 15 different injuries on my legs and arms over something that in reality would just be a scrape.

Hopefully the devs do see this feedback as the update would be great with some further tweaking. 

Thanks for the thread and comments.

For those who are absolutely devastated and feel the need to post only shit-talking nonconstructive remarks: First, let me spare you a moment of silence in this difficult time. I know it can't be easy for you, and all of us in the development team are thinking about you. I appreciate giving actual useful feedback whilst under such emotional duress can't be easy. With that said though, once you have your composure back and can give us things we can work with, I would ask that type out what specifically you're not happy with, and importantly, what reasonable adjustments could be made to improve it. Many people have done this via Discord, and some in this thread. It really does help.

Contrary to popular belief, this has been in the works on and off for over a year, and asked for many times. Making claims such as "something nobody asked for" looks a little silly. Now, that doesn't mean there aren't people who wanted a medical system, but aren't 100% happy with what's been released. For those who fit into that demographic, I'd hope you'll also let us know what parts of it you think need tweaking and how.

This is a step towards building out our NHS core and enabling people to have more history attached to their characters. Yes, other parts of the game are impacted, and that was bound to happen. How much it impacts other parts though can be adjusted as we review things, so let's stop acting like it is do or die. I know many members and myself have a lot of invested into this community. Let's not forget what being part of a community is about though. It's unfortunate seeing some people I thought to be decent characters descend the way they did last night.

RPUK isn't the only place that releases content that is sometimes well received, sometimes not. Now that people know about it though, feedback is the important part. I see approx. 50 upvotes on this post at the time of voting in support of the initial comment which is great for making it clear to us people aren't totally happy. It would be brilliant though if those 50 people also shared their thoughts in a comment or another thread detailing the things they think could be done to improve it.

For those who are absolutely devastated and feel the need to post only shit-talking nonconstructive remarks: First, let me spare you a moment of silence in this difficult time. I know it can't be easy for you, and all of us in the development team are thinking about you. I appreciate giving actual useful feedback whilst under such emotional duress can't be easy. With that said though, once you have your composure back and can give us things we can work with, I would ask that type out what specifically you're not happy with, and importantly, what reasonable adjustments could be made to improve it. Many people have done this via Discord, and some in this thread. It really does help.

Contrary to popular belief, this has been in the works on and off for over a year, and asked for many times. Making claims such as "something nobody asked for" looks a little silly. Now, that doesn't mean there aren't people who wanted a medical system, but aren't 100% happy with what's been released. For those who fit into that demographic, I'd hope you'll also let us know what parts of it you think need tweaking and how.

This is a step towards building out our NHS core and enabling people to have more history attached to their characters. Yes, other parts of the game are impacted, and that was bound to happen. How much it impacts other parts though can be adjusted as we review things, so let's stop acting like it is do or die. I know many members and myself have a lot of invested into this community. Let's not forget what being part of a community is about though. It's unfortunate seeing some people I thought to be decent characters descend the way they did last night.

RPUK isn't the only place that releases content that is sometimes well received, sometimes not. Now that people know about it though, feedback is the important part. I see approx. 50 updates on this post at the time of voting in support of the initial comment which is great for making it clear to us people aren't totally happy. It would be brilliant though if those 50 people also shared their thoughts in a comment or another thread detailing the things they think could be done to improve it.
I firstly appreciate more than anything how active and hard working the dev team are with these updates. 

I fully understand your efforts to expand on NHS giving more opportunity for RP since the server is a serious RP server. The thing I personally struggle with now is that I enjoy playing a game based on serious RP, forced interactions and fantasy situations. This will always be a game to me and nothing more (Don't take out of context that I do take it seriously). I feel with the more efforts of this medical RP it is extremely time consuming and expensive taking away those RP moments that you plan for and look forward to. 

I can't suggest how to improve the system as I don't fully understand how it works, I wish I had the miracle advise that would help everyone. Personally I'd be happier if the injuries didn't cost so much to fix. I don't want to have to use 15 bandages after GTA decided I slipped and fell down a staircase.

I firstly appreciate more than anything how active and hard working the dev team are with these updates. 

I fully understand your efforts to expand on NHS giving more opportunity for RP since the server is a serious RP server. The thing I personally struggle with now is that I enjoy playing a game based on serious RP, forced interactions and fantasy situations. This will always be a game to me and nothing more (Don't take out of context that I do take it seriously). I feel with the more efforts of this medical RP it is extremely time consuming and expensive taking away those RP moments that you plan for and look forward to. 

I can't suggest how to improve the system as I don't fully understand how it works, I wish I had the miracle advise that would help everyone. Personally I'd be happier if the injuries didn't cost so much to fix. I don't want to have to use 15 bandages after GTA decided I slipped and fell down a staircase.
Thanks Jordan. You may think you can't help, but what you said there though is proof that you can give us something to work with contrary to your initial comment. Things like making healing quicker and why you don't enjoy the current speed is exactly the type of feedback we're after, so appreciate you circling back to share. And you aren't alone on that particular thing, so we do take note on stuff like that.

You don't need to be technically gifted or super familiar with it all, you only need to be constructive and post about whatever is bothering you with it. Plenty of people I imagine came off the server last night thinking "X was a right pain to deal with", and we want to hear about all those Xs.

RPUK isn't the only place that releases content that is sometimes well received, sometimes not. Now that people know about it though, feedback is the important part. I see approx. 50 upvotes on this post at the time of voting in support of the initial comment which is great for making it clear to us people aren't totally happy. It would be brilliant though if those 50 people also shared their thoughts in a comment or another thread detailing the things they think could be done to improve it.
Honestly i find the healing certain body parts pretty cool, my issue with that part is that you need to use 5+ bandages to get to 100% for 1 body part and it takes too long, i personally think it should just be 1 max 2 bandages per body part with a 50% speed increase for applying bandages as it is only 1 body part. 

I also think with this update as we are obviously going to need to use more bandages lowering the price to an affordable price for everyone.

The part about losing your gun in pillbox to the npc is the hospital is not very good as what rp does it actually bring to the server? lets say you have a gun on you while riding your bike and someone accidentally crashes into you, they take you pillbox and you lose your gun to an npc. That gives the person 0 RP + they just lost an item that more than likely took them 2+ hours to obtain. 

There is little to no NHS members about a lot of the time anyways, so i dont see why something has been added where they will be needed more than ever now 

Back