What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NEW MEDICAL UPDATE

Stic

While I understand the intent and the thoughts behind the new medical update, for the average playing CRIM character I feel it makes the server very unenjoyable to play.

Pillbox collect box:
While I think it is a fair addition that guns and other illegal items have a chance of getting taken when placed in a hospital, adding a higher aspect of "realism". However, the fact that once someone is down with an illegal item, there are 0 ways to guarantee the illegal item is kept, even when down in a completely safe area, with no threats. Currently, you can go to the hospital or dodgy someone. A dodgy costing 50k and no guarantee you will survive, this means you can lose items worth items from 200k to 1mil in value with little to no RP happening, maybe you fall off your bike or fall off a building, and you may have now lost hours of work, with the only interaction is someone picking you and checking you into a hospital. While you can call NHS there is no guarantee there is any online.
A solution to this issue is there to be some other way for criminals to be able to guarantee the survival of a downed criminal, this could be a dodgy that has a 100% success rate, a criminal hospital that costs money to use but takes longer than a dodgy, or be able to pass your weapon to people when down. All are mere suggestions and have their ups and downs. Other ways may be more appropriate.

New Medical Tarkov Bone Breaking Stuff:
While the idea is very cool and adds a whole new aspect to the server, the AMOUNT of bandages it takes just to be able to walk again after a broken leg is outrageous for a game. I think a broken leg should be healed in 2 bandages at least to the point of walking until you can see a doctor. I feel this whole new medical aspect takes the sense of realism too far. While it is a RP server, it still needs aspects to feel like a game. This is just a brief opinion, I think there are many over work arounds to make this a better update for all. 

Cheers.

Thanks for the thread and comments.

For those who are absolutely devastated and feel the need to post only shit-talking nonconstructive remarks: First, let me spare you a moment of silence in this difficult time. I know it can't be easy for you, and all of us in the development team are thinking about you. I appreciate giving actual useful feedback whilst under such emotional duress can't be easy. With that said though, once you have your composure back and can give us things we can work with, I would ask that type out what specifically you're not happy with, and importantly, what reasonable adjustments could be made to improve it. Many people have done this via Discord, and some in this thread. It really does help.

Contrary to popular belief, this has been in the works on and off for over a year, and asked for many times. Making claims such as "something nobody asked for" looks a little silly. Now, that doesn't mean there aren't people who wanted a medical system, but aren't 100% happy with what's been released. For those who fit into that demographic, I'd hope you'll also let us know what parts of it you think need tweaking and how.

This is a step towards building out our NHS core and enabling people to have more history attached to their characters. Yes, other parts of the game are impacted, and that was bound to happen. How much it impacts other parts though can be adjusted as we review things, so let's stop acting like it is do or die. I know many members and myself have a lot of invested into this community. Let's not forget what being part of a community is about though. It's unfortunate seeing some people I thought to be decent characters descend the way they did last night.

RPUK isn't the only place that releases content that is sometimes well received, sometimes not. Now that people know about it though, feedback is the important part. I see approx. 50 upvotes on this post at the time of voting in support of the initial comment which is great for making it clear to us people aren't totally happy. It would be brilliant though if those 50 people also shared their thoughts in a comment or another thread detailing the things they think could be done to improve it.
I see a lot of potential in this update, but I think that at the moment there are many "problems" to which the player cannot give a "solution".
For example, with this update (from my point of view) I see the possibility of introducing the figure of the "combat medic" for criminals. Someone who has performed X treatments (X being a fairly high number) and who can treat with a certain percentage of success the wounds of his companions.

I also see the possibility of introducing various items, such as tourniquets, haemostatic agents, splints... items that can be craftable or have a high cost (to avoid spamming them) and that allow the criminal to treat their wounds to avoid having to go to a hospital.

Then to solve the problem of the possibility of losing illegal items; I would create another new dodgy doc, with a cost to be agreed; which takes X minutes and has the option to accept or cancel treatment (to avoid abuse of the same) but in return guarantees a 100% success rate to treatment.

These are some of the ideas that quickly come to my mind, I wouldn't mind detailing them further in a suggestion.

I think this is a great idea all in all but it has some major flaws that makes it uninjoyable

I think this is great because now if you shoot someone in a gunfight they are not just going to go around a cornor and heal so they are completely fine again.

I think its bad for multiple reasons but it can be tweaked to be amazing while still keeping the system.

crims have enough enemies with the police which is highly funded already, dont make it so that crims cant go to pillbox without losing their stuff to an AI which they grinded for hours for.

Im afraid that this is going to result in police just camping pillbox instead of actually being out on the street whenever an altercation happens in the street. excample: police man stands in pillbox.. person comes in with gsw to get treated.. police officer overhears he is getting fixed for gsw. which gives reason for a search == another easy police win. (fix could be to make private bays where doctors can take patients in private so the police dont abuse that people HAVE to go hospital now)

NHS is going to be completly overworked and will probably quit after putting 30-50 bandages on the same patient just to go to the next one with the same problems.. its just not fun for them probably ( an easy work around would be to inplement some automatic healing for minor wounds, and if this is allready in place, make it so that smaller lacarations fix them selves after an hour or 2 maybe). also make it so we maybe have a bit more leather skin since we now go to the hospital with stuff that a small kids spiderman bandade could have fixed. Also make some blood regeneration if you are over 85% of max, our bodies does make its own blood over time
this way we only come to hospital if we come of our bike with high speed and or has been shot. falen from high places etc, this will take alot of work load of the NHS and it will probably be more enjoyable for everyone.

Make it so that you have a bleeding debuff when you have an open wound, if you apply a bandage its going to stop the bleeding for a surden amount of time, maybe 30 min. (if you have gotten a bigger wound such as an gsw or something broken you need to go to hospital but you can postpone it by applying bandages (broken bone by taking pain meds)).

Give NHS staff stuff for sewing people back together so they only need to apply an item 1 time pr wound on a person. i feel like this will make everything more streamline so you dont have 2 NHS personal spamming bandages on your person, for an extended period of time.

All in all i think this is a great implementation to the server, however it needs some tweaks which is expected, great job to the dev team for making a nice UI and inplementing the decisions thats been made into the server

With this response I'm not slating the work of the developers I think this latest update is good but needs tweaking. So when logged onto the server this morning I had a chest injury but I had to seek a medical  professional. I was in pillbox for 1 hour as there was other people waiting to see the NHS staff the get there self fixed up. 

Yesterday I had to use 5 first aid kits to heal my leg. So I think people will have to carry a lot of first aid kits in there inventory to play the server 

I was talking to someone in pillbox today and someone claimed the fell over and they was bleeding out with multiple injuries 

My suggestion 

If you need to seek medical professional and there is not enough NHS awake or NHS is to busy you should have the option to check into pillbox and let the local doctor sort them injuries out 

With the first aid kits I think it should be 1 first aid kit per injurie if you hurt your leg use a first aid kit and your good to go. I think if it is 1 first aid kit per injurie you don't have to carry so many on you

I think the injuries need to be less damage if you fall over there should not be multiple injuries maybe a injured arm or a leg depends how you land 

But like i said I'm not slating any dev's I'm just throwing a suggestion into the mix. Id also like to thank the devs for the work they put in the server i certainly could not code like they do 

For those who are absolutely devastated and feel the need to post only shit-talking nonconstructive remarks: First, let me spare you a moment of silence in this difficult time. I know it can't be easy for you, and all of us in the development team are thinking about you. I appreciate giving actual useful feedback whilst under such emotional duress can't be easy. With that said though, once you have your composure back and can give us things we can work with, I would ask that type out what specifically you're not happy with, and importantly, what reasonable adjustments could be made to improve it. Many people have done this via Discord, and some in this thread. It really does help.

Contrary to popular belief, this has been in the works on and off for over a year, and asked for many times. Making claims such as "something nobody asked for" looks a little silly. Now, that doesn't mean there aren't people who wanted a medical system, but aren't 100% happy with what's been released. For those who fit into that demographic, I'd hope you'll also let us know what parts of it you think need tweaking and how.

This is a step towards building out our NHS core and enabling people to have more history attached to their characters. Yes, other parts of the game are impacted, and that was bound to happen. How much it impacts other parts though can be adjusted as we review things, so let's stop acting like it is do or die. I know many members and myself have a lot of invested into this community. Let's not forget what being part of a community is about though. It's unfortunate seeing some people I thought to be decent characters descend the way they did last night.

RPUK isn't the only place that releases content that is sometimes well received, sometimes not. Now that people know about it though, feedback is the important part. I see approx. 50 upvotes on this post at the time of voting in support of the initial comment which is great for making it clear to us people aren't totally happy. It would be brilliant though if those 50 people also shared their thoughts in a comment or another thread detailing the things they think could be done to improve it.
I think this was a very good update overall, and to be fair, it adds to the roleplay! 🙂

Hi, I'm going to throw my hat into this and say this update is good but unbalanced. 

As one of the NHS members who was in the shit storm of pillbox last night I can tell you what made it un-fun was the overwhelming amount of people coming in to be treated for minor injury's who could have treated themselves. Its harder to enjoy and give RP when you have people all around you screaming about a burse on the leg, but honestly I could talk for hours about the poor treatment of NHS workers on this server. Give this a chance, I will say that bandages should be adjusted for paramedics so we can treat people faster but these changes are very positive and are going to help improve all our RP. 

For clarity matters I will post my initial feelings I wrote about the changes in the NHS discord.

Please try and give it a chance and also you know... maybe all value your lives a little more 🤗

I actually like this update the bandages do need adjusting though but I don't think it should be as simple as increasing the amount the elastic bandages do. I think it would be nice to modify it so the different bandages are better at fixing different wounds. For example, using a trauma bandage treats blunt trauma better and the rapidclot treats lacerations better, leaving the elastic bandage as a ‘treat all’ but not as good as using a specific bandage. 

Also, I think the PNC is a massive + especially for HCU.

I'm sure people outside the NHS will change their attitude I think the biggest problem is everyone can see what specifically their injury is so they come in shouting at you screaming 100 things at you and they can ‘track’ what you’re doing by checking themselves. If you don't start treating them right away they get mad. I was trying to encourage people to come through and sit down and ‘let's take an x-ray’ but people know you can just throw bandages on them. Obviously, this is almost entirely exclusive to walking wounded. And im sure people's attitudes will change. 

Also, request to have a competition to name wards E & F? 

Last edited by a moderator:
overwhelming amount of people coming in to be treated for minor injury's who could have treated themselves. Its harder to enjoy and give RP when you have people all around you screaming about a burse on the leg,
this could be a easy fix from NHS command though, set up priority care, bruise and a scrape on the leg sorry you'll need to wait a moment whilst this guy with 19 bullet wounds needs more urgent care surely ? that or say sorry your not to urgent at the moment whilst we deal with other patients but you can head to the pharmacy

This suggestion is nothing but personal feedback on the latest update 

Since the new update me and a few other individual have noticed police abusing the ability to pack wounds and leave you there with no further RP knowing you can not bleed out. Its honestly boring when being downed by police and they can come pack your wounds within 2 seconds and leave you there for as long as they want with no further rp and no way of bleeding out. At the end of the day its a game and we are here to have fun. The Fun aspect is slowly going, not only for crims but NHS to. 

Hi, I'm going to throw my hat into this and say this update is good but unbalanced. 

As one of the NHS members who was in the shit storm of pillbox last night I can tell you what made it un-fun was the overwhelming amount of people coming in to be treated for minor injury's who could have treated themselves. Its harder to enjoy and give RP when you have people all around you screaming about a burse on the leg, but honestly I could talk for hours about the poor treatment of NHS workers on this server. Give this a chance, I will say that bandages should be adjusted for paramedics so we can treat people faster but these changes are very positive and are going to help improve all our RP. 

For clarity matters I will post my initial feelings I wrote about the changes in the NHS discord.

Please try and give it a chance and also you know... maybe all value your lives a little more 🤗

Has this changed in the recent days with the updates?

The medical update has improved a lot from when it first released, there's still some small issues that are repeatedly coming up though. I'm not a fan of certain wounds being only treatable by the NHS and there being nothing you can do. I feel like you should be able to get into a bed at Pillbox and it heal a deep cut over a certain amount of time just as a backup if you can't find any NHS. It's more a QoL thing tbh.

The second thing is what a lot of people have been complaining about and that's the RNG chance that a gun can be lost in Pillbox. It's silly, adds nothing to roleplay and is only a detriment to a large portion of the player base. Guns need to be decreased in circulation but this is a cheap way to go about it, there's plenty of better ways this can be achieved without being annoying and frustrating. I understand the chances have been decreased, however, I still hear about people losing guns and their ammo frequently. It just needs to be removed completely, it happens too often and is making a lot of people annoyed.

So just want to say really liking the medical update, since all of its adjustments. I know people may not like having to treat each individual injury but i think it brings a lot to the game and making you have consequence for you actions as there is no longer is a cheap and quick fix to heal yourself. With it being out now for a little while a learn more about the system through trial and error, and gaining experience I can see it only get better 🙂 (enough said on that). Also the addition of being able to lay in a bed at pillbox, is good so instead of potentially spending money you can spend your time to heal yourself, giving people more than one option.

I would also like to add with the update it has been great seeing more NHS about and them sharing information. I personally know how tuff it can be for NHS at times, getting either barked or ordered around by people demanding there services. dealing with situations where there is just shitty or no RP, people making up injuries which it make no sense to what happened prior. The new system vastly aids both Civ's and the NHS with RP showing what type of injuries individuals have, you still can be creative with it but no longer can out right lie, saying you trip when actually you got mag dumped!

Just a little feedback 🙂

Back