What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New PC Build Won't Turn On

xStorm

Unlinked
I finally managed to buy all of my pc hardware. But when I put it all together it doesn't turn on, no noise or led or anything. Does anyone have any ideas that could help? 

Specs: 

2x GTX 1080

I7 6700k

Phanteks atx case

16gb 3200mhz ram

Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard

H100i v2 cpu liquid cooler

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you put the connector for the on button the correct way around for + and -, trying switching them around at the bottom of the motherboard.

Ensure your standoffs are seated correctly. I reseated them when I had this issue. 

The one for the on button for the case, it will be part of the front umbilical cords, try to unplug and turn around the POWER SW (put it in the other way)
843436534_633.jpg

Ensure your standoffs are seated correctly. I reseated them when I had this issue. 
I believe the standoff are already installed as in the manual there was nothing about standoffs

The one for the on button for the case, it will be part of the front umbilical cords, try to unplug and turn around the POWER SW (put it in the other way) 
Just tried that. Nothing happened 

Well all I know is I was having the same issue as you and I tightened them up and it worked. The MB will not switch on if it is not seated correctly. 

Motherboard standoffs are little brass screws that you put into your case, then you screw the motherboard onto those. Some cases have a rubber 'locater' lug that slots into one of the holes on the mobo. It sits at the same height as your standoffs. 

e3MBmN6.jpg

In addition to this being a possible issue, have you checked:

• PSU is switched on at the back
  • socket is switched on at the wall
  • Motherboard front-panel connectors are properly installed (also described in a post above)
  • 24 pin ATX power connector is plugged in properly and securely
  • Additional 4 or 8 pin CPU power cable is plugged in correctly
  • If your PSU is modular, check the CPU power cable in plugged in the right place

Motherboard standoffs are little brass screws that you put into your case, then you screw the motherboard onto those. Some cases have a rubber 'locater' lug that slots into one of the holes on the mobo. It sits at the same height as your standoffs. 

In addition to this being a possible issue, have you checked:

• PSU is switched on at the back
  • socket is switched on at the wall
  • Motherboard front-panel connectors are properly installed (also described in a post above)
  • 24 pin ATX power connector is plugged in properly and securely
  • Additional 4 or 8 pin CPU power cable is plugged in correctly
  • If your PSU is modular, check the CPU power cable in plugged in the right place
Thanks for that, tommorow I'll have a look at all of that 

Thanks for that, tommorow I'll have a look at all of that 
Also as a test, remove one of or both of the GPUs and try it, dont just unplug them, remove the card from the slot. I'd like to think 1000w is enough power, but 1080s are powerful cards.

Also, if you unplug the psu from everything - mobo, drives, gpus etc. and do the paperclip test.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Be SUPER careful with this. Dont touch the paperclip when the power is on and plugged into the PSU. Always be sure the fully remove the plug from the psu before putting it in, and before you take it out.

Be SUPER careful with this. Dont touch the paperclip when the power is on and plugged into the PSU. Always be sure the fully remove the plug from the psu before putting it in, and before you take it out.
Stop being a pussy Lick and drool on it to power up !!!

Back