What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New PC? Recommendations?

Adrian Isaksen

So I've been wanting to get a new computer for a good while now, since my current computer can't run Arma for shit :/

I'm not that good when it comes to computer as i bought an AMD when i built my current PC. And after that i I've just been dealing with the AMD and the shit FPS i'm getting.

I just want it to run games like Arma with good FPS etc ​

I won't go higher than around 1 860,98 £ when it comes to building it (can maybe go a bit higher if needed)

I would appreciate the help ;)

​

- SGT Adrian [PY995]

The above PC is pretty much what I would recommend for that budget... However that card is complete overkill for 1080p. Is 1080p your goal? 

I've got a 1070 and have all the arma settings at ultra with aa at x2 with a 6700k at 4.6ghz with a 75hz 1080p monitor and I get between 45 and 80fps but usually over 55fps

You'll be able to Max absolutely everything at 1080p for some years to come but that card is deffo more suited for 1440p and 4k.

You could also save a bit of cash here and there with it. But for that budget a 7700k z270 and 1080 / TI is pretty much what you're aiming for. You could get a smaller ssd / cheaper cooler (I've got a seidon 240v and it cools my 6700k nicely and is half the price of that cooler) and 8gb ram (ram upgradable later since hardly any games actually go over 8gb at the minute) and put the difference to a 1440p monitor.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/fsKKRG

This list contains what I have mentioned above (a gtx1080 not a TI. if you can spare the extra £2/300 then scrap the gtx1080 and add a TI). The list also has a decent 1440p monitor with 144hz and  a 1ms response time. You'll want to grab another 2 of the same ram sticks in a year or so. 

Or if 1080p is your goal then scratch the Monitor and get a better case and more ram, Case fans flashy stuff / new mouse and kb etc but stick with the gtx1080 as the TI as mentioned is daft overkill for 1080p gaming.

Sorry for the essay but that's my 2pence on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back